Author Topic: Charles Glass - NY Times  (Read 7528 times)

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Re: Charles Glass - NY Times
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:27 PM »
$225/hour - get the fuck out of here.

There are only so many ways to work out any muscle on the body. For this guy to expect to get paid $225/hour is absolute bullshit.

Professional bodybuilders aren't rich, most are barely making it through and some have to even resort to illegal and sexually explicit activities just to compete in hopes of a plastic trophy.

For this guy to charge that much is insane. I know a few guys in the circuit that try to charge people that much.

That said, a fool is born every day. If you want Glass to train you, go ahead and waste your money.

"1"

Lol never seen this mod before!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:33 PM »
Glass is da` man !! 

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
bravo for him charging celebrity prices.  it's a free market, the price for one guy goes up, the rest can bump up their prices a little bit, too.  he's raising the ceiling for other trainers.  don't hate, participate
X

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »

How is that false advertising? He's a celebrity trainer. He's high profile, he has high profile clients and is more in demand. Therefore he can charge more. Celebrity anything costs more, why should he be charging $18/hour when people literally beg him to train them on social media?

This is true. Why cant you guys understand this?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »
$225 an hour

Absurd.

But tapping on the muscles for a better mind muscle connection is included for all sets..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
This is true. Why cant you guys understand this?

Agree 100%.

If someone's dumb enough to pay that, or if they feel they get value from it and can afford it, why not?
Y

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »
$225/hour - get the fuck out of here.

There are only so many ways to work out any muscle on the body. For this guy to expect to get paid $225/hour is absolute bullshit.

Professional bodybuilders aren't rich, most are barely making it through and some have to even resort to illegal and sexually explicit activities just to compete in hopes of a plastic trophy.

For this guy to charge that much is insane. I know a few guys in the circuit that try to charge people that much.

That said, a fool is born every day. If you want Glass to train you, go ahead and waste your money.

"1"

Maybe he's charging less when training a pro, since they help him to attract new clients?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »
Charles is a good guy and knows more about unlocking a physiques potential through training than anyone in the game, Chemical wise there are guys who are ahead of him.

But you can go to Charles and he will tell you if you have what it takes and what it will take you to unlock it. He won't lie to you and even though he charges that amount you quoted I can tell you he does a lot for guys who can't afford his services on that level.

Hes a good guy and I have never seen a PT the world over in my travels who consistently has worked as hard and long as Charles has, he deserves all the success that is attributed to him and he's still a humble guy.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »
$225 an hour Good for him

If he has people paying that amount then clearly they think it's worthwhile

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »
How much does esf charge?

QuietYou

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 02:42:09 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

For a 6 week boot  camp that's fair

QuietYou

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
For a 6 week boot  camp that's fair

Per hour.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
So much jealousy in this thread.  People will always pay a premium for the best advice and the higher that adviser gets to the top the more acute the price hike is.

$50 for a gym babysitter or $200 for someone who adds value - if you can afford it, and many can, then go with the $200. It's like flying first class, now that I can afford it I always do it, but it's certainly not "worth it" on most international flights.

However...Charles Glass is a fcuking awful trainer. He looks like a hobo, eats food whilst his clients are training, goes off and chats to people in the middle of client sets, and invents bullshit angles in the worst broscience manner imaginable.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »
I can't pretend to know how to train anyone.

I just stick to the basics nowadays. I hope you've been well.

"1"

do you think you could get Shizzo into shape?

Sure we getbiggers could pool our resources to make it worth your while at $226 per hour

it would probably go something like one of these 3 scenarios though

in the beginning of the third all the people accused of gimmicks take out their frustration on Shizzo. later on One More rep gets fed up bans shizzo and the consequences happen

"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
Lol at $225 am hour. For what? All the special angles that he teaches to clients?  ??? ???

exactly

Some people will say it’s worth it  ::)

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
Lol. Haters. He deserves every penny. Respect.

Care to explain? Have you worked with him? I’ve watched him train “clients” for yrs, all the same, they don’t need him

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »
So much jealousy in this thread.  People will always pay a premium for the best advice and the higher that adviser gets to the top the more acute the price hike is.

$50 for a gym babysitter or $200 for someone who adds value - if you can afford it, and many can, then go with the $200. It's like flying first class, now that I can afford it I always do it, but it's certainly not "worth it" on most international flights.

However...Charles Glass is a fcuking awful trainer. He looks like a hobo, eats food whilst his clients are training, goes off and chats to people in the middle of client sets, and invents bullshit angles in the worst broscience manner imaginable.

No ones jealous

Getbiggers have millions in their account  ::)

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 01:24:30 AM »
Lol at $225 am hour. For what? All the special angles that he teaches to clients?  ??? ???

This! I’ve never understood what exactly Charles Glass does other than add in bullshit angles, make exercise more dangerous because of the way he alters machines, or increases risk of injury because he has guys doing behind the neck movements or side laterals ‘leading with the pinkys’ - that just lead to shoulder impingement.
What ‘science’ are any of his hair brained exercises based on?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 01:44:34 AM »
This! I’ve never understood what exactly Charles Glass does other than add in bullshit angles, make exercise more dangerous because of the way he alters machines, or increases risk of injury because he has guys doing behind the neck movements or side laterals ‘leading with the pinkys’ - that just lead to shoulder impingement.
What ‘science’ are any of his hair brained exercises based on?

It’s either you have it or you don’t

People are just idiots

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 02:49:44 AM »
A fool and his money are soon parted.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 05:59:11 AM »
I charge my clients much, much more than that per hour just for reading Getbig. Nobody said life was fair.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2018, 06:18:42 AM »
Have known Charles for 25 years now. We are not friends but gym aquaintences. Charles is a very humble man who just does his thing. He does not get caught up in the gym bullshit and gossip. Just loves doing what he does.

On a side note...these late 70's pics of Glass are full blown Superfly-Shaft-Soulbrother. Just imagining Charles posing to the opening theme of Sanford & Son. Lol.

QuietYou

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2018, 06:20:53 AM »
Have known Charles for 25 years now. We are not friends but gym aquaintences. Charles is a very humble man who just does his thing. He does not get caught up in the gym bullshit and gossip. Just loves doing what he does.

On a side note...these late 70's pics of Glass are full blown Superfly-Shaft-Soulbrother. Just imagining Charles posing to the opening theme of Sanford & Son. Lol.

He looked great

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2018, 06:31:56 AM »

very very good, but he could never beat this