Author Topic: House Votes to Release The Memo  (Read 2535 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: House Votes to Release The Memo
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »
Weird how this is already a "non-story" for guys like you, yet over a year of wasting tax dollars you guys still can't pin Trump and Russia together.
How much of our tax dollars are dipshit liberals willing to waste on non-stories?

Ha ha - how true
Trump owns them day & night

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
House intel committee releases transcript of contentious meeting over surveillance memo
By Alex Pappas   | Fox News

The FBI issued a rare public statement, claiming the four-page memo is misleading and incomplete because facts are missing; Catherine Herridge goes in-depth for 'Special Report.'

The House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday released a 51-page unclassified transcript of the contentious meeting this week between Republicans and Democrats, during which members voted to publicly release the classified memo circulating in Congress that purportedly reveals government surveillance abuses.

The transcript shows Democrats strongly objecting to the release, accusing Republicans of producing the memo to benefit President Donald Trump.

FBI HAS ‘GRAVE CONCERNS’ ABOUT ‘OMISSIONS’ IN SURVEILLANCE MEMO

The motion to release the memo passed on a party-line basis. On Tuesday night, Trump, who has the ability to stop the memo’s release, was overheard telling a GOP lawmaker at the State of the Union that he’s “100 percent” supportive of the document's release -- although it hasn't happened yet.

Republican congressman from Ohio says the Republican staff memo outlines surveillance abuses during the presidential election, but its release to the public will not compromise sources and methods.
Video
Rep. Turner: GOP memo does not compromise national security

“I want to begin by expressing my alarm at where we are in this committee,” California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel, said in the meeting. “I have served on the committee for 10 years now. This is the first time we have sought to declassify highly sensitive information for a political reason. It is, I think, a terrible line to cross.”

The transcript release followed the FBI saying Wednesday that the bureau had “grave concerns” about releasing the classified memo.

“With regard to the House Intelligence Committee’s memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” said the FBI statement. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

Five career officials from the FBI came to see White House Chief of Staff John Kelly late Tuesday afternoon to view an amended version of the memo -- the product of a review by the White House, according to a senior administration official.

Fox News also has learned FBI Director Christopher Wray had 90 minutes with the four-page memo during his rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill where he was joined by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.

HOUSE INTEL VOTES TO RELEASE CONTROVERSIAL SURVEILLANCE MEMO TO THE PUBLIC

Catherine Herridge reports on the fate of the surveillance report.
“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies,” Nunes said Wednesday.

According to the transcript of the fractious meeting, Democratic Rep. Mike Quigley of Illinois pressed Nunes on whether he had coordinated  with the White House in crafting the memo for the public to see.

“When you, as the majority, conceived of doing this memo for release to the body and to the public, the preparation, the thought of doing it, the consultation of it, was any of this done after/during conversations or consultations with anyone in the White House?” Quigley asked.

Nunes replied, “I would just answer, as far as I know, no.”

The four-page memo has being described by GOP lawmakers as “shocking,” “troubling” and “alarming,” with one congressman likening the details to accounts of KGB activity in Russia.

Those who have seen the document suggest it reveals what role the unverified anti-Trump "dossier" played in the application for a surveillance warrant on at least one Trump associate.

During Monday’s meeting, the GOP-majority committee voted against releasing a countering memo written by Democrats.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/31/house-intel-committee-releases-transcript-contentious-meeting-over-surveillance-memo.html

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 01:25:34 PM »
A nice break down of Democrat's memo propaganda and the story that the press is trying to construct about it.

The leftist political activists in the press know they must divert everyone from the content of the memo and the obscene corruption that it details.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:15 PM »
Neither side is innocent, we need a cleansing.

I'm with you on that.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
Possibly so - Then why all the who-Ha about not having it released,
We’ll soon see

My guess on the hoopla about not releasing it.. mid terms coming up.. I could probably ease their minds. Trumptards will accept the entire memo as fact without blinking. Later when the Democrats rebuttal comes out it won't change a single Trumptards mind. Libtards, they won't accept the memo as true whether a rebuttal memo is released or not. They don't trust Nunes as far as they can throw him and he's cried wolf enough no one believes him. The rational independents and critical thinkers who realize neither party gives a crap about them will look at the memo. Do some research on it. When the Democrats rebuttal is released they will research it, compare the two, try and figure out which parts are likely true, which parts are political spins and decide accordingly.   

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
Neither side is innocent, we need a cleansing.

Very much agree - Sadly I fear the rot is to far ingrained

Also the general public needs to look at what they expect & accept from politicians

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »

Very much agree - Sadly I fear the rot is to far ingrained

Also the general public needs to look at what they expect & accept from politicians

Just watched a segment on the local news titled Zombie campaigns.  Turns out, there are hundreds of politicians, ex politicians that have not relinquished their campaign funds even though some haven't campaigned in years. Ron Paul is one of them. The rules say they should close the account and either donate the money to a certified charity or a political pac. Nope.. no one enforces it so they spend millions over decades on country club memberships, paying family to manage the fund..10K a month to Ron Pauls daughter... Ipads, vacations... and NOT ONE is going to get in any trouble for it. When a reporter asked one of them why he doesn't close the account he said "Because there's money in it" like "duh!   

So the bottom line is, the general public doesn't really expect much and will accept about anything.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 06:06:17 PM »

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 07:39:27 PM »
Weird how this is already a "non-story" for guys like you, yet over a year of wasting tax dollars you guys still can't pin Trump and Russia together.
How much of our tax dollars are dipshit liberals willing to waste on non-stories?

Yeah, it is weird.  ::)  I guess I'll have to admit I'm wrong when this memo's former campaign advisers are indicted or when this memo's former national security adviser is convicted of lying to the FBI. Or maybe I won't have to admit I'm wrong at all if the memo pulls this exact same publicity stunt next January.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »
Just watched a segment on the local news titled Zombie campaigns.  Turns out, there are hundreds of politicians, ex politicians that have not relinquished their campaign funds even though some haven't campaigned in years. Ron Paul is one of them. The rules say they should close the account and either donate the money to a certified charity or a political pac. Nope.. no one enforces it so they spend millions over decades on country club memberships, paying family to manage the fund..10K a month to Ron Pauls daughter... Ipads, vacations... and NOT ONE is going to get in any trouble for it. When a reporter asked one of them why he doesn't close the account he said "Because there's money in it" like "duh!   

So the bottom line is, the general public doesn't really expect much and will accept about anything.

“So the bottom line is, the general public doesn't really expect much and will accept about anything”

Very sadly this over & over again appears to be true

For such supposedly advanced & intelligent peoples it’s baffling how & why we put up
With such standards - Probably because it’s the exact same thing most people would
Do in the same situation

We live in a very fragile & superficial Suppoesdly Safe Advanced Society that could shatter at any time
And those who want to survive would soon revert to being Alpha Male Savages
We have intellectually moved to far away from our primal instincts with all the absurd
Leftists anything goes Nonsense

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 09:24:46 PM »

“So the bottom line is, the general public doesn't really expect much and will accept about anything”

Very sadly this over & over again appears to be true

For such supposedly advanced & intelligent peoples it’s baffling how & why we put up
With such standards - Probably because it’s the exact same thing most people would
Do in the same situation

We live in a very fragile & superficial Suppoesdly Safe Advanced Society that could shatter at any time
And those who want to survive would soon revert to being Alpha Male Savages
We have intellectually moved to far away from our primal instincts with all the absurd
Leftists anything goes Nonsense

could be. I tend to think it is cerebral laziness but you could be spot on

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 10:31:48 PM »
shouldn't the thread be titled "Republicans vote to release the memo?" Not a single Democrat voted for it. Asking for a friend

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 10:52:57 PM »
Memo's = Memorandums.  Let's = Let us.  

Oh, wait.  You tricked him into confessing.

Nevermind.

(;D ;D, Straw!)

Grammar on a political message board

LOL

Doing anything to avoid the topic much?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 12:58:47 AM »
shouldn't the thread be titled "Republicans vote to release the memo?" Not a single Democrat voted for it. Asking for a friend

Isn’t that how most contentious votes go
1 side completely for it & the other completely against
Is it that unusual?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 03:06:33 AM »
GOOD MORNING BITCHES!
a