Author Topic: Black Panther Movie - Smashing records  (Read 11107 times)

be back

Re: Black panther is smashing records
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:05 AM »
u r an imbecile, and no longer worth 30 seconds.

;D

werewolf operative

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2018, 03:47:27 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2018, 06:20:22 AM »

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
My point was missed here..the movie is not doing well on its own merit ..it is being bought by up famous black ppl..which are manipulating the numbers.  Plus the media is pushing..CNN even talked about it
irongearco.com

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
My point was missed here..the movie is not doing well on its own merit ..it is being bought by up famous black ppl..which are manipulating the numbers.  Plus the media is pushing..CNN even talked about it

no its not, they've already done a breakdown of the races buying tickets it's about even with white and blacks around 35% of the ticket buyers

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:20 AM »
Not interested in some bike-stealing chocolate panther leaping about like a ‘tard.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »

Do really think that famous black people are spending enough money that is making that much of a difference or that CNN viewers are headed to theaters because of a news report?

Or do you think it's another Marvel movie that has millions invested into it and that they all do well and set records, only this time this one has a predominantly  black cast?

It was a superhero movie, the main villian was black.

If the movie wins awards then we can say the fix was in but at this point it's fair to say all the black celebrity's in the world aren't spending enough money to make a $100 million difference let alone a $10 million box office number.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2018, 10:24:46 AM »
It's success is down to a combination of things. It's been marketed well for sure.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2018, 11:08:08 AM »
Black Panther's creator

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Oh my god a movie with an all black cast filled with anti white messages. The world is over how can we go on. The black celebrities are buying all the tickets to boost sales!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahaha

Fuck people, it's a fucking movie. Good for black folks to have an all black cast for once. Really don't see the reason for all the uproar. Hillarious really.
h

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 11:29:13 AM »
Oh my god a movie with an all black cast filled with anti white messages. The world is over how can we go on. The black celebrities are buying all the tickets to boost sales!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahaha

Fuck people, it's a fucking movie. Good for black folks to have an all black cast for once. Really don't see the reason for all the uproar. Hillarious really.

---

many of u r making light of this, when in reality... its terribly dangerous. whites, as a group, have allowed themselves to be villainized to a severe degree.... that cake is baked. when a group is demonized to such an extent... there is only one end result.

that level of naivety is why you're gonna get steam rolled.

sane men on this forum..... at risk of beating a dead horse, I again offer the fact that left people are not capable of logic... they are - by their very nature – opposed to reality.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 12:04:50 PM »
no its not, they've already done a breakdown of the races buying tickets it's about even with white and blacks around 35% of the ticket buyers
Who broke down these numbers? I doubt those percentages are correct.

What was the production budget for this movie? This might make 600 million in the end worldwide. Not breaking records but not bad.

There have been many all black cast movies in the past. Why are the blacks acting like this has never been done before?? It is pathetic.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 01:15:15 PM »
I can only imagine the unpleasantness in paying to view a movie in a theatre at capacity with chocolate faces hooting and hollering and carrying on through the flick’s entirety. The smell of fried chicken and coconut oil assaulting my nostrils. Finger-wagging and arm fluttering.

I shudder.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »
Dinosaurs would not be a threat to humans if they were around...
I love this board, grown men arguing about who has the biggest muscles and dinosaurs  ;D amongst other things

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »
I can only imagine the unpleasantness in paying to view a movie in a theatre at capacity with chocolate faces hooting and hollering and carrying on through the flick’s entirety. The smell of fried chicken and coconut oil assaulting my nostrils. Finger-wagging and arm fluttering.

I shudder.

roflmfao

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »

I shudder.

Everybody loves fried chicken. And coconut oil? Really?
Man, you are a miserable person.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2018, 02:07:51 PM »

I shudder.

+1

Not the first time that have happened! Very annoying.

Which is why it's more comfy watching movies at home!

Past 5 years i only went to the cinema (and premieres at that) when the girl really wanted to see the particular movie.

But you have to draw the line somewhere.

If you REALLY must go to the movies, pick your poison.

No chocos or sandies in the audience at "The Piano" for example.  ;D
Q

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »
coconut oil is super healthy

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »

They are not including the bulk buyers..thats my point
irongearco.com

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
They are not including the bulk buyers..thats my point

On a 200M+ movie, how much are these supposed  “bulk buyers” going to move the needle?   It’s irrelevant.

I saw the movie.  It’s completely overhyped, but it’s still a good movie.

But of course it’s going to be super successful - it’s got the built in marvel base that will see anything, plus the addition appeal due to the context.
Y

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »
Everybody loves fried chicken. And coconut oil? Really?
Man, you are a miserable person.

They said a guy was selling ribs and fried chicken in one theater...im being serious
irongearco.com

Parker

• Getbig V

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
On a 200M+ movie, how much are these supposed  “bulk buyers” going to move the needle?   It’s irrelevant.

I saw the movie.  It’s completely overhyped, but it’s still a good movie.

But of course it’s going to be super successful - it’s got the built in marvel base that will see anything, plus the addition appeal due to the context.

The media is pushing it black athletes ect are as well...its getting pushed hard because of race not the quality of the film..it doesnt matter though i wouldn't watch it if it was free
irongearco.com

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
They said a guy was selling ribs and fried chicken in one theater...im being serious
https://mobile.twitter.com/kofimagne/status/964343533426626561

First, you gotta ask yourself, would a movie chain allow someone to sell food, inside the theater, and 1) take revenue from them 2) not have a vendor's license to do so. 3) Not be licensed by the health dept to sell food 4) create a liability problem for the movie chain.