Author Topic: Do you give unsolicited lifting advice?  (Read 5530 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Do you give unsolicited lifting advice?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:19 PM »
If it's serious the doc will send you to hospital shore side, and if serious emergency, they will call a helicopter to fly passenger to the hospital, I've witness this as well. Tons of shit can go down on excursions, especially the adventerous ones like snorkeling, hiking, etc. Some crew have even injured and even died on breaks going cliff diving in Hawaii, dangerous stuff dude.

What cruise line are you affiliated with

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »
I'm not sure... I've come very close a couple of times, almost always when I'm in a vicious mood. Sometimes i think I just get so fatigued that everyone starts causing me anguish, just the sight of them.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 12:01:00 AM »
If I see someone doing something thats going to hurt them I stop them and send them to the person on the desk.

There was a sports teacher in once with around 12 pupils, they were doing everything wrong, I told him he was supposed to be supervising them, he said he was just there to observe and not correct them as it was an exam.

I explained that if they hurt themselves he would be liable as he was there to supervise, he again said he wasnt, I then explained if he didnt correct them I would throw them all out as the gym owner wouldn't want a claim coming in from the parents of a child who ended up injured, he seemed to assume responsibility at that point.

Hahaha typical. Of course you'd put your nose in other peoples business. "I'd stop them and send them to the desk"

Bwahahaha... I knew it.

be back

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 01:07:42 AM »
Hahaha typical. Of course you'd put your nose in other peoples business. "I'd stop them and send them to the desk"

Bwahahaha... I knew it.

its what adults do if they see other people in harms way.

You of course are so proficient in profiting in the misfortune of others wouldn't notice that.

Most personal trainers would speak to someone they saw doing something wrong, surely they can drum up some business, maybe you would know that if you were really a PT.

Jeez I still keep thinking that this is a gimmick account and posting stuff so fucking stupid just for attention, then i realise its really you Eric and you really are this fucking dumb.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 02:41:12 AM »
Hell no people can do whatever i couldnt care less.
If i see some guy pinned down on a bench press or something like that i will help ofc but other than that... Im no personal trainner and nothing I hate more than people giving me unsolicited advice (altho it doesnt really happen anymore)
I remember when i started i was doing cable rows then some blad middle aged chubby fuck told me "yeah u need to get gloves girls dont like ruff hands", I just nodded and smiled no big deal...
Then im going over to the rack to do deadlift, and the same fucking guy is like "do you know how to handle this equipment?" i just starred blankly i mean what the fuck is wrong with this guy.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 02:42:02 AM »
7 security guards + superman

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 03:57:30 AM »
I only give advice to hot chicks on the squat rack.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »
A few times. Couple of young kids and an older fella.

x2

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
Never...Even if the guy has 11 inch arms they don't take it well.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
Never give any lifting advice in the gym.  I notice hot women are constantly bombarded by guys giving lifting advice. I see more women that have better form than most men.

Stands to reason that they would what with all the advice.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »
my 2 favourites

1-the time some dude told me he was a trainer and i was doing my squats wrong. i was actually doing good mornings

2-over the years people with half my forearm and lat size telling me i should not use straps when training back because of grip or some other lame bullshit. umm thanks

i think it is best to mind your business. the worst unsolicited advice givers have to be the personal trainers who have no experience yet think they know all because they took the weekend course and/or took some routine they found online or in a magazine and try to pass it off as something they invented.
"

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »
Never, I stand there hoping people hurt themselves so its one less gym goer in my way when I go to WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

werewolf operative

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »
Was in the gym tonight and these two younger bros, probably like early 20s, were doing a deadlift session. They were both in good shape and I think one is a competitive amateur bodybuilder. They were strong but their form was abysmal. Most people, even experienced lifters, can't do a proper deadlift.  As a lot of you know, I think the deadlift is a mostly worthless exercise, but a few years ago I read a really simple tip  on how to keep perfect form that I've shared with other people and they've appreciated it. I never spoke to these guys before- i actually never saw them before- and I was debating whether or not to give them some guidance but I decided not to. If they looked more like beginners, for that particular exercise I definitely would have. However, I decided not to because I think they would've felt like I was trying to gym neg them.

In the past, when people have given me unsolicited advice I have had to still myself from saying "Why don't you focus on your own fucking workout?" Once while I was doing lying chest flys a guy came up to me between sets and told me that I shouldn't bang the weights together because little particles are released and even if I don't see it now, years down the road it could cause serious damage to my eyesight. He was perfectly nice and sincere about it, but I just kept thinking that was the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Are y'all helpful in the gym or do you keep your advices to yourselves?

Anybody who thinks deadlifts are worthless shouldn't be giving advice.

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:15 AM »
Was in the gym tonight and these two younger bros, probably like early 20s, were doing a deadlift session. They were both in good shape and I think one is a competitive amateur bodybuilder. They were strong but their form was abysmal. Most people, even experienced lifters, can't do a proper deadlift.  As a lot of you know, I think the deadlift is a mostly worthless exercise, but a few years ago I read a really simple tip  on how to keep perfect form that I've shared with other people and they've appreciated it. I never spoke to these guys before- i actually never saw them before- and I was debating whether or not to give them some guidance but I decided not to. If they looked more like beginners, for that particular exercise I definitely would have. However, I decided not to because I think they would've felt like I was trying to gym neg them.

In the past, when people have given me unsolicited advice I have had to still myself from saying "Why don't you focus on your own fucking workout?" Once while I was doing lying chest flys a guy came up to me between sets and told me that I shouldn't bang the weights together because little particles are released and even if I don't see it now, years down the road it could cause serious damage to my eyesight. He was perfectly nice and sincere about it, but I just kept thinking that was the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

so you're that guy in the gym who bangs dumbbells together . . .

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »
Unsolicited lifting advice is a big no-no to me.  Bad form........no pun intended.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
its what adults do if they see other people in harms way.

You of course are so proficient in profiting in the misfortune of others wouldn't notice that.

Most personal trainers would speak to someone they saw doing something wrong, surely they can drum up some business, maybe you would know that if you were really a PT.

Jeez I still keep thinking that this is a gimmick account and posting stuff so fucking stupid just for attention, then i realise its really you Eric and you really are this fucking dumb.

"Most pts"? Coming from someone like you who's never been a pt?  Much less even worked in a gym... And has zero social skills and unable to interact with others in any sense. Lol what a Fucken joke.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
A few times. Couple of young kids and an older fella.
Both recovering nicely from there hernia operations ;D
p

be back

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
"Most pts"? Coming from someone like you who's never been a pt?  Much less even worked in a gym... And has zero social skills and unable to interact with others in any sense. Lol what a Fucken joke.

You are aware there isn't any evidence of you doing either of those as well aren't you?

I manage perfectly well interacting with others, its my job you moron...

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »

Deadlift = useless exercise??? Ok den......

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »

lol. the bolded is a good reason why you shouldn't be giving anyone lifting advice.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »
lol. the bolded is a good reason why you shouldn't be giving anyone lifting advice.

Why do you think I'm wrong about the deadlift?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »

because it's one of, if not the single most productive lift there is. for the first few years of training was pretty much the only back exercise i did.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 01:12:14 PM »

because you are a fucking moron if you truly believe a compound, multi-joint movement such as the deadlift is in any way useless!!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:12 PM »
because it's one of, if not the single most productive lift there is. for the first few years of training was pretty much the only back exercise i did.

No it isn't. I've gone over this countless times in a number of different threads. People always start out defending deadlifts but then eventually admit it's not a good bodybuilding exercise at all and not really good for any particular bodypart, but still stick to claiming it's the king of exercises.

Cliffs:

*You have old people who pick up deading in their senior years and end up pulling hundreds of pounds. Would not happen on any other exercise.

*You have people who look like holocaust survivors who can pull hundreds of pounds. You can put up amazing deadlift numbers and it doesn't reflect at all in your physique. Does not happen with any other exercise.

*The strength you acquire on deadlift doesn't translate to other exercises. Those old people and teenage girls who put up amazing deadlift numbers aren't usually doing amazing squat numbers or breaking records doing chin up or lat pull downs.  

I could go on and on and I have across multiple threads. If you thought about it rationally, you would come to the same conclusion.  You don't find videos like this of other power movements.

I'm sure you can find some anomalies of people benching or squatting more than it looks like they are capable of, but there are pages and pages of vids of people who look like they'd have trouble setting up their own bar pulling hundreds of pounds.  You just don't find a similar thing with other power movements.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 03:17:45 PM »
You are aware there isn't any evidence of you doing either of those as well aren't you?

I manage perfectly well interacting with others, its my job you moron...

No it isn't. You dont interact with anybody. Id be surprised if you could even order food at a restaurant without fucking it it up or typing it out on your flip phone for the waitress to read. Fucking crosseyed autistic adult with zero social skills hahahaha holy fuck everything you type is comedy.