Author Topic: Matt porter  (Read 5218 times)

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
Re: Matt porter
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:36 PM »
Fact of the matter is that you will not find one heavyweight bodybuilder who didn't eat a lot of food. Almost without exception the best bodybuilders have big appetites and are constantly eating. Although you can't force growth with food if your body doesn't want to grow muscle doesn't materialize out of thin air - growth takes energy and building blocks.

Gaining 20lbs of drug size is easy. Taking it to the next level and gaining another 20lbs on top of that is a completely different universe.

It's hard to say which part is most important, food, drugs or training because you need all. But most of all it's about genetics.

So not true. Lots of big guys don't eat massive amounts of food. There's plenty of giants on not much more than 4K cals / day.

be back

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »
So not true. Lots of big guys don't eat massive amounts of food. There's plenty of giants on not much more than 4K cals / day.

4000 cals...

K A N N I B A L

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »

4000 cals...

You found a pic of DJ after a months leg training?
Mass calories are junk. We all have thousands of stored calories available if required. Bodies are very adaptable.

Though awaiting DJs feedback on how many cals hed take to cruise to 105kg & 2%

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 01:00:32 PM »
You found a pic of DJ after a months leg training?
Mass calories are junk. We all have thousands of stored calories available if required. Bodies are very adaptable.

Though awaiting DJs feedback on how many cals hed take to cruise to 105kg & 2%

;D

I am a ripped 77kg right now, 90 kg ripped is maybe pushing it but I will be a ripped 82kg within 2 months mark my words

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 02:15:41 PM »
His DNP protocol, supposedly killed one guy and pout others in the hospital, now he tells no one to use it.

be back

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
His DNP protocol, supposedly killed one guy and pout others in the hospital, now he tells no one to use it.

as long as he learns from his mistakes its all good...

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »

4000 cals...

what a wasted potential... :-[

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
;D

I am a Moron right now, Idiot level is maybe pushing it but I will be a Imbecile within 2 months mark my words

Fixed

The 3 levels of stupidity

Eisberg

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »

Fixed

Hahaha!  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2018, 02:43:53 AM »

Fixed

Not bad, 8.5/10

I post a pic of me on scale.in 8 weeks and I will be at least 82 kg and at sub-7 ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 10:20:35 AM »

Not necessarily "massive" amounts but good bodybuilders don't eat like birds, they don't go for days eating one meal a day and so on, like I might do. They put away good amounts of food and protein consistently.

Someone like Mentzer back in the day ate a woefully inadequate diet IMO, especially precontest. I don't think such a low amount of protein is optimal with what the science has shown in the past decades. He thought you could count the amount of protein in a pound of muscle and then add that to maintenance diet over however long time it took to gain a pound of muscle but that's not how it works.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2018, 10:28:26 AM »
I know one pro who hired a well known
coach and IFBB pro but he couldn't follow the diet,
it was an "impossible" amount of food. This guy
hasn't been able to gain any size for years despite
all pharmacological help possible. I don't know
if force feeding would have helped but in general
it's very hard to gain real size when already advanced, no matter what.

be back

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
I know one pro who hired a well known
coach and IFBB pro but he couldn't follow the diet,
it was an "impossible" amount of food. This guy
hasn't been able to gain any size for years despite
all pharmacological help possible. I don't know
if force feeding would have helped but in general
it's very hard to gain real size when already advanced, no matter what.

People seem to overlook the importance of a good digestive system, without that the body isnt able to process all the nutrients from the food, if you have a shit digestive system then you are fucked.

I once looked into digestive enzyme supplementation but they gave me stomach ache...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
Not necessarily "massive" amounts but good bodybuilders don't eat like birds, they don't go for days eating one meal a day and so on, like I might do. They put away good amounts of food and protein consistently.

Someone like Mentzer back in the day ate a woefully inadequate diet IMO, especially precontest. I don't think such a low amount of protein is optimal with what the science has shown in the past decades. He thought you could count the amount of protein in a pound of muscle and then add that to maintenance diet over however long time it took to gain a pound of muscle but that's not how it works.

In his heavy duty journal he says he started prep for the 79 O at a soft and pudgy 225 and his on stage weight was 210

He claims he gained lean muscle tissue while losing fat on a very low cal diet and gear

Would have been interesting to know his starting bf

On stage for the O he was definatley sitting at 5%

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »
People seem to overlook the importance of a good digestive system, without that the body isnt able to process all the nutrients from the food, if you have a shit digestive system then you are fucked.

I once looked into digestive enzyme supplementation but they gave me stomach ache...

Yeah I know Palumbo and others push these fiber supplements to be able to eat a lot, he sells one himself of course. For me fiber in general gives stomach ache and insane gas. Lots of talk about probiotics on forums too, though some experts say they aren't necessarily totally innocuos; not always a good idea to introduce a ton of new bacteria through supplements. Gut health is interesting as the gut affects everything, even brain chemistry.

Never tried digestive enzymes.

For appetite mk-677 is absolutely nuts.