Author Topic: What age did you give up that gym life?  (Read 10602 times)

be back

Re: What age did you give up that gym life?
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »
Yeah, the insomnia has been part of my life since I was around 9 years old..I never chose not to sleep..just happened.

It has gotten better with age, and now medication does work. But admittedly, if I am busy at work or with private business I will go days without my meds just to get ahead of my schedule. But I won’t allow myself to go beyond 3 days. If I went 4 days and had to be hospitalized again, my wife would sew her snatch shut!

Bench

I dont think esfitness can top that but you never know....

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
I dont think esfitness can top that but you never know....
Indeed

Bench

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »
Can't explain the excitement I got when I received these bad boys in the mail a few weeks ago, when back day rolls around I'm so happy to break out these attachments out of my gym bag, good times!!

What is it? How does it work? I don't understand....

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
What is it? How does it work? I don't understand....
They are attachment for back training,  pulldowns/rows

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
I was forced  due to health reasons, which was 3 years. I only do light walks on the treadmill but no weightlifting. I still use hrt because my meds destroyed my testosterone levels.
Sickle cell syndrome?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »

I just ordered them too. Can't wait to try them.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
I just ordered them too. Can't wait to try them.
Should have a back like Dorian in no time!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »

Maybe Pee Wee Herman's back for me.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2018, 03:36:43 PM »
Even when I've been injured badly I push through it and keep training. It keeps you from being and old man. I'm too vain to quit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2018, 04:27:06 PM »
Liar, they are boat anchors.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
Even when I've been injured badly I push through it and keep training. It keeps you from being and old man. I'm too vain to quit.

Vanity is certainly a part of it. I like the attention of women who notice I'm in shape. I was at a party and woman sitting next to my wife said to me,  "Do you work out every day? You're built." Can't say I didn't enjoy it if I'm being truthful. LOL. Don't get me wrong. I couldn't compete in any bodybuilding contest. I just have an athletic build.

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2018, 07:20:38 PM »
I have noticed I feel happier going to the gym. There was a time when I stopped thinking I would do more meningful things. Then I noticed I spent the extra time on shit like this (forum etc.). Better going to the gym, feeling better, living longer, looking better, being happier, and you can still do "shit like this".  :D

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2018, 07:24:31 PM »
the gym is loserville... all manner of tards there tarding about

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »
mods please lock this thread

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »
mods please lock this thread

Do you know you can drink beer and still be a bodybuilder? I thought I could only drink horse piss.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
Do you know you can drink beer and still be a bodybuilder? I thought I could only drink horse piss.

muslims drink camel piss ( ::) ::) ::))  & is refreshing for them  ;D ;D ;D

be back

« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2018, 12:29:43 AM »
and forearms like Branch...

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2018, 01:27:09 AM »
Been training 31 years, gave it away at 27 after being told by Charles Glass chemically what it was going to take to get to the next level, Never really got into the sport to make a living from it, there was no way I was doing that many mgs and Ius, near felt that comfortable taking gear, but had to to be competitive once you got past the initial competition levels, I  still train 6 days a week at 4am on an empty stomach, eat fairly well and get cardio in when i can. Do TRT periodically but dont like the weight gain,or negative cardio effects more interested in my resting heart rate these days than my muscular bodyweight. 45 pounds off my biggest, but happy just training and being healthy 47 now, have no interest in competitive bodybuilding like most from my day think the 70s 80s and 90s were the best years, Todays look is all drugs and guys have zero personalty

be back

« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »
Been training 31 years, gave it away at 27 after being told by Charles Glass chemically what it was going to take to get to the next level, Never really got into the sport to make a living from it, there was no way I was doing that many mgs and Ius, near felt that comfortable taking gear, but had to to be competitive once you got past the initial competition levels, I  still train 6 days a week at 4am on an empty stomach, eat fairly well and get cardio in when i can. Do TRT periodically but dont like the weight gain,or negative cardio effects more interested in my resting heart rate these days than my muscular bodyweight. 45 pounds off my biggest, but happy just training and being healthy 47 now, have no interest in competitive bodybuilding like most from my day think the 70s 80s and 90s were the best years, Todays look is all drugs and guys have zero personalty

you cant write that and not say what the dosage was...

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2018, 06:53:28 AM »
Been training 22 years now 38. Usually get to the gym 10-11 at night due to work. Yes I would rather be doing other stuff sometimes but I still do what I have to do. Look better in the face and body now than I ever have, why stop.

It does get a bit boring and I would rather be playing Clash Royale sometimes LOL but fuck not looking the best I can.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:46 AM »
I have been training for over 30 years, and it has gone through many phases. Initially I was entering highschool. I gained on my arms and shoulders fairly quickly. My bicep shape had peak so people asked me to flex frequently. My arms got up to 15.5. inches in highschool, and fellow students talked like I was jacked, lol. In my 20s I really got into the lifting as a student, it was my identity. It also aided in getting me laid, and feeling alpha. After university the game was changing. Guys advancing in their careers were getting the top girls. I didn't really care, I loved lifting for lifting. I worked some part time job and lifted with a group almost every night. We would go feast after training, and have some drinks.

One day a friend was trying out for a fitness test for policing. We all went to try out. My performance was terrible. I had no wind. I was in my late 20's at the time, and quickly realized the weight training I was doing wasn't helping me in real life. I wasn't fit enough to even pass a police physical, or fire fighter physical. I also had no idea on how to defend myself. I was stronger than the average Joe on the street but it had little practical application. My energy levels were also not the best which I needed for career and family. For the last 15 years I have been doing more structural integrity training. Lots of core, some compound, smooth and controlled. 2 times a week for an hour. At different times, I have practiced boxing, kickboxing, and some wrestling. I also row fairly intensely at home, cycle and play a few sports. The live for the gym lifestyle probably ended at around 30.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
I can't recall the exact date but I do know that I woke up one morning, looked at the pile of Iron Man, Muscle/Builder, Muscle Training Illustratred and Muscle Mag International magazines and then the mirror and realized that I was not going to be a "Mr. Anything"! LOL!

I threw them away and went back to school.  There is only one Arnold and no one is going to duplicate his life anytime soon.  Bodybuilders are a dime a dozen and since the film "Pumping Iron" and the realization that what truly separates "them" from the rest of "us" is drugs (and to some extent genetics), everyone takes that shit now.  You can't go into a gym without seeing a dopers, including "women".

Mentzer also influenced me as he showed that less time in the gym meant more time living a real life.  Yeah, he took a shitload of drugs and without those he wouldn't have been even a blip on Weider's gaydar.  But that fact doesn't detract from the truth that spending your life in the gym is a waste. I've never looked back in regret that I returned to school, got married and have children and a wife that actually love me. 

Waking up to that every day is a whole lot better than waking up to next to a schmoe and a bunch of needles and pills and the realization that your life is even worse off than the imitation of life that ESFitness has. ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2018, 09:22:43 AM »
Some good honest posts here. Is this getbig?

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »
Some good honest posts here. Is this getbig?

Yes, it's a very touching subject.