Author Topic: Recovering from drug addiction?  (Read 4196 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Recovering from drug addiction?
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »
Has anyone had to deal with it and managed to stay clean ? Any tips for me ?

Shawnwhite

• Getbig II
Re: Recovering from drug addiction?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Coke 7 years then opiates 4 years had to go on methadone to clear that up now my only addiction is roids ....alcohol would always bring that demon  out before ! Unfortunately addiction is something I will always struggle with!

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 05:30:33 AM »
Coke 7 years then opiates 4 years had to go on methadone to clear that up now my only addiction is roids ....alcohol would always bring that demon  out before ! Unfortunately addiction is something I will always struggle with!

5 years opiates im still trying to get off suboxone.. and been on coke for 2 years now... so tired of relapsing... i never get to clean up for more than 3 weeks. How do you get your mind of it..

Shawnwhite

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »
Just keep trying bro...i should be going to NA meetings but can never stick with it....perhaps you can give your bank card to girlfriend or family member and they help monitor your spending! I might have too go that route eventually.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Just keep trying bro...i should be going to NA meetings but can never stick with it....perhaps you can give your bank card to girlfriend or family member and they help monitor your spending! I might have too go that route eventually.

I tried for the first time the 12 steps. Found it helped a lot.. but waited to long on the 4 step.. think that made me relpase.. if you havent try. Try it

Bill2233

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 03:20:42 AM »
2 years cocaine abuse. It almost ruined my life and family. I'm happy to have a wife who went all the way of overcoming with me. She put up with me, you know what I'm talking about... And she found a drug treatment center for me https://addictionresource.com/drugs/cocaine/. It took about 2 months. I've been clean for about 5 years now. The hardest time was when I got out, sometimes I thought I wouldn't cope with it. But I understood that it was only me who could do this, and I continued to struggle.  And I like my present life. I hope, you guys will also overcome your addictions.