Author Topic: 2018 Arnold Classic - Ronnie Coleman - 9th Back Surgery coming up  (Read 2811 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
This was a cool vid. You get to see many classic bodybuilders come up and get interviewed by Bob Chic. Ronnie comes on at around 15:00 (right after Mike Francois). The poor guy can't even stand up without the aid of crutches. Anyway, cool vid nonetheless.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2018 Arnold Classic - Ronnie Coleman - 9th Back Surgery coming up
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »

Yes, was there this morning taking pics.

Somehow, the screws from the surgery keep breaking and so he needs a 9th surgery to repair two of them.    Not even sure how titanium screws break, if they are titanium??? 

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
Did Vince Taylor say he was 62 years old? He looks phenomenal.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:12:56 PM »

Somehow, the screws from the surgery keep breaking and so he needs a 9th surgery to repair two of them.    Not even sure how titanium screws break, if they are titanium??? 

I think at one point - after one of the surgeries, that is - Ronnie was given clearance to "begin training again".  That said, I don't think the surgeon was aware of what training comprises when it comes to Ronnie.  :-\

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 11:13:42 PM »

Vince was born in 1956, so he will be 62 this year...I thought he was born a little later in the year though, but I could be mistaken.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:06 PM »

They can break and actually become brittle when bent too much. He's really having bad luck and I think he should be getting additional opinions on his present situation.  His nerves are taking a beating and obviously he is having trouble walking.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 12:23:59 AM »
They can break and actually become brittle when bent too much. He's really having bad luck and I think he should be getting additional opinions on his present situation.  His nerves are taking a beating and obviously he is having trouble walking.

I can't watch it. Ron paid his dues. He should never lift again. It's just the reality of the situation. Any comeback should be for mobility and quality of life.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »

Vince Taylor A) is an obvious genetic freak, and B) typically trained with lighter weight and higher reps (pretty much the opposite of 8x Mr. O Ronnie Coleman).  I think I heard Vince say in an interview with Ron Harris that nowadays he trains maybe a few times a month. ??? ???

Compare and contrast the two and draw your own conclusions.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »
Health is a lot more important than looks. Nobody looks good in a wheelchair.....

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
bunch of debbie downers. I find his condition super inspiring... all he needs to do is crank it up a few notches.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »

They break because Ronnie breaks due to his herky-jerky training style. At some point, he needs to be told, "no you can't train like that" or "no, it is not recommended for you to train.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »
They can break and actually become brittle when bent too much. He's really having bad luck

I don't think "bad luck" has anything to do with it.  Ron is gonna train himself into a paraplegic

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »
It’s not that the screws are breaking, Ronnie’s bones are brittle and the screws can’t hold. He is hurting...

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »
Vince Taylor A) is an obvious genetic freak, and B) typically trained with lighter weight and higher reps (pretty much the opposite of 8x Mr. O Ronnie Coleman).  I think I heard Vince say in an interview with Ron Harris that nowadays he trains maybe a few times a month. ??? ???

Compare and contrast the two and draw your own conclusions.

And still on gear.....

Ssxa

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:12 AM »
I don't think there's ever been a 62 year old who has a better build than Vince Taylor? Looks like he could up the dose and be competitive.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »

Shockingly common if you Google it... wonder if he's got a good lawyer?
T

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »
Shockingly common if you Google it... wonder if he's got a good lawyer?

think of it like a mechanic deliberately damaging engine components during the course of fixing one problem creating another problem leading to further repair.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »
It’s not that the screws are breaking, Ronnie’s bones are brittle and the screws can’t hold. He is hurting...

Interesting thought. It’s no secret the use/abuse of testisterone-derived compounds robs bones and connective tissue of nutrients and will eventually render them brittle and weakened.

I used to chuckle at Ronnie’s goofiness-causing-issues, but now I’m just very sad for him. He’s not a smart man and he is actually putting himself into a wheelchair, permanently, through his idiocy.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
They break because Ronnie breaks due to his herky-jerky training style. At some point, he needs to be told, "no you can't train like that" or "no, it is not recommended for you to train.

there was one video he posted not to long ago on his ronniegram account, doing shrugs atrocious