Author Topic: Any of you guys into the whole intermittent fasting thing?  (Read 5143 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Any of you guys into the whole intermittent fasting thing?
« on: March 10, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
I'm giving it a try for the first time today.  Trying to boost my fat loss.  Shooting for a 20 hour fast today.

If you study the science behind it it makes a lot of sense, not just for fat loss but for overall health.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Any of you guys into the whole intermittent fasting thing?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 09:25:33 AM »
I'm giving it a try for the first time today.  Trying to boost my fat loss.  Shooting for a 20 hour fast today.

If you study the science behind it it makes a lot of sense, not just for fat loss but for overall health.

It works. I stop eating about 7 pm, start again at noon.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »
It works. I stop eating about 7 pm, start again at noon.

I'm really interested in how it can impact insulin sensitivity and growth hormone.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 09:45:13 AM »
I only eat twice a day.  I have a big lunch and a normal size dinner.  Sometimes I'll throw in a snack if I feel like it.  Usually eat lunch around 11 or noon and dinner is usually between 6 and 7.  I feel soooo much better eating this way.  I never liked eating 6 times per day and I especially never liked eating breakfast.  I used to cram food in because I thought I needed to for my gainz.  I'd end up at work farting, bloated and feeling like total shit.  Eating the way I do now is a lot more convenient and I'm definitely leaner.  I think everyone is different and some people do well eating a bunch of smaller meals per day.  Just try it and see how you feel.

be back

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 10:12:21 AM »
I'm really interested in how it can impact insulin sensitivity and growth hormone.
go read a book...

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Not intentionally, skip breakfast on work days because find it easier to work and can’t be bothered to eat before work would rather sit around and have a few cups of tea before setting off

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »

The metabolic effects of fasting are overstated imo .. it works because you're naturally going to consume less calories in a 4-hour window compared to a 16-hour window

anyways, i've been doing it for years now.  more for convenience than anything else but it does work to stay trim with little effort. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 10:55:52 AM »

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »
Been doing it for a couple of months. Not so bad.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »
I've been watching this dude talk about it on Youtube and he was making sense.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
go eat a dick...

Been doing it for a couple of months. Not so bad.

I've been watching this dude talk about it on Youtube and he was making sense.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 11:09:31 AM »

;D  Funny

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 11:13:36 AM »
Good way to slow down your metabolism to a crawl

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »

I can't speak on those two aspects but you feel better. It gives your digestive system a break each day. I go cycling on an empty stomach most mornings and feel great doing this. As for the comment that it "slows your metabolism to a crawl"- I haven't experienced that all.

It works simply because you calorie restrict. It is easier to lose weight this way, for me, because it trains me to deal with being slightly hungry. I lose about 3 pounds a week on this approach.

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »
I tried it for a three months period from december 2016 till february 2017 but didn't do it right.I started again in mid june of last year and with zero effort lost 84 lbs. till now and I am almost to my desired weight.Start eating at 4pm with a big bowl of salad, then at 7pm I have bunch of seeds and nuts and at 10pm a protein bar /Costco's version of Quest bars/.Never had an issue with hunger except sometimes I start eating at 2pm instead of 4pm.Also during the summer I used to add a couple protein shakes in the mix at 5am and 12pm and do so occasionally.Used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and then for the last 4 months I am doing only 1-2 times per week /too much work/ but slowly getting back to 3-4 times a week.Also I take a lot of supplements on a daily basis for 10 months of the year.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 03:28:16 PM »
Good way to slow down your metabolism to a crawl

That's what I used to think.  I used to think that I had to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day to keep my muscles fed and to keep my metabolism going.

The dude in the video I posted above has a lot of videos on the science of fasting and it's pretty convincing.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
Our ancestors were likely intermittent fasters.

I stop eating at around 900pm and eat about 12pm next day.
X

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
shit works

for mesomorph type build (me) the best way to fast is do a 36 hour fast 1x a week.

so last meal is Saturday night (then dont eat all on sunday) then eat meal1 monday AM

hardest 1x per fast - no coffee, no lemon juice, no bcaas. only water

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »
Thread is Martin approved

https://leangains.com/

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »
Trying to boost my fat loss.

No such shortcut imo except drugs.  Any super fat loss strategy leads to super crappy workouts and muscle loss.  At most I'll do one day carb free if doing cardio only.

Broken record says: 500 cals under daily maintenance, high protein, low GI carbs, patience.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 06:12:34 PM »
I've done IF in the past, but don't strictly follow the clock anymore.  I like my breakfast and I like my dinners, and so I eat a couple of big meals each day with a lighter meal or snack in between.  Prefer this to the 5-6 meals per day which I did throughout my 20s & 30s.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »
Thread is Martin approved

https://leangains.com/
The originator/most balanced/sensical approach to this style of dieting for those who work out. Not a magic bullet by any means but just another form of a style of eating.

I found no difference between normal (4 meals throughout the day vs IF). As has the most recent study that followed the "Leangains" style (12-8). You can eat bigger meals probably and that helps with being fuller or helpful to immediately cut out a meal (breakfast) while dieting. Everything works essentially. Some are easier to stick to for people then others.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »
The originator/most balanced/sensical approach to this style of dieting for those who work out. Not a magic bullet by any means but just another form of a style of eating.

I found no difference between normal (4 meals throughout the day vs IF). As has the most recent study that followed the "Leangains" style (12-8). You can eat bigger meals probably and that helps with being fuller or helpful to immediately cut out a meal (breakfast) while dieting. Everything works essentially. Some are easier to stick to for people then others.

I like IF because I'm too lazy to cook.  :) :D
X

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
i think besides bbing - the unhealthy should try it - digestion is so backed up for most people

again do the 24-36 hour fast! no bcaas, no tea, no coffee, nada - 1 gallon of water

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 07:58:03 PM »
Mr. Canada John Cardillo use to fast one day per week during contest prep. Another interesting fact is that he trained with hit. Just like Yates he started using two work sets per exercise but eventually settled on one work set after warm up. He liked higher reps than Yates for his one set.