Author Topic: Crooked McCabe Sacked  (Read 22301 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Crooked McCabe Sacked
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »
Let's see if the IG has found more interesting incidents. However, aside from "damning reports" and hollow speeches about political catharsis, some people need to go prison. McCabe's excuses are pathetic; the agency he used to work at routinely used instances like this to catch and extort people when they couldn't get any other charges to stick. He (and several others) belong in prison.

I agree, but don't hold your breath. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
I agree, but don't hold your breath. 
x2
Far too many internal connections. One goes, there will be massive outings, it would be awesome. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
Let's see how this goes.

DOJ watchdog sends criminal referral for McCabe to federal prosecutor

The Justice Department’s internal watchdog has sent a criminal referral for fired FBI official Andrew McCabe to the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington.

The move follows a recent DOJ inspector general report that found McCabe leaked a self-serving story to the press and later lied about it to then-Director James Comey and federal investigators, prompting Attorney General Jeff Sessions to fire him on March 16.

A source confirmed to Fox News that the referral was sent.

The Washington Post reported earlier that the IG referred the finding that McCabe misled investigators "some time ago," asking the top federal prosecutor for D.C. to examine whether he should be charged.

Representatives with the Justice Department, inspector general’s office and U.S. attorney’s office all declined to comment.

Republican Rep. Mark Meadows backed the move in a tweet Thursday afternoon.

"The criminal referral from the IG is the right decision. It's about time we have some accountability for this type of conduct at the Justice Department," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/19/doj-watchdog-reportedly-sends-criminal-referral-for-mccabe-to-federal-prosecutor.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/12/andrew-mccabe-justice-department-643386

McCabe sues Justic Dept for cause of firing....more discovery coming.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2018, 08:12:08 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/12/andrew-mccabe-justice-department-643386

McCabe sues Justic Dept for cause of firing....more discovery coming.
[/quote Trying to get some money to pay for his coming legal bills.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »
US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.

A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, "The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office."

McCabe, who recently was hired as a paid CNN commentator, spent 21 years with the FBI. He became the acting director in May 2017 after President Trump fired former director James Comey.

Last month, a source close to the process told Fox News that McCabe had a “target on his back” because of the Justice Department inspector general findings.

Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe in March 2018 after the inspector general found he had repeatedly misstated his involvement in a leak to The Wall Street Journal regarding an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The IG report faulted McCabe for leaking information to then-Wall Street Journal reporter Devlin Barrett for an Oct. 30, 2016 story titled “FBI in Internal Feud Over Hillary Clinton Probe.” The story -- written just days before the presidential election – focused on the FBI announcing the reopening of the Clinton investigation after finding thousands of her emails on a laptop belonging to former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, who was married to Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

The Journal's account of the call said a senior Justice Department official expressed displeasure to McCabe that FBI agents were still looking into the Clinton Foundation, and that McCabe had defended the agent's authority to pursue the issue.

That leak confirmed the existence of the probe, the report said, which Comey had up to that point refused to do.

The report said that McCabe "lacked candor" in a conversation with Comey when he said he had not authorized the disclosure and didn't know who had done so. The IG also found that he lacked candor when questioned by FBI agents on multiple occasions since that conversation.

McCabe has denied any wrongdoing and said the inspector general's conclusions relied on mischaracterizations and omissions, including of information favorable to McCabe.

Last month, McCabe sued the FBI and the Justice Department over his firing, arguing it was part of Trump's plan to rid the bureau of leaders he perceived as disloyal to him. McCabe argued in his complaint that the two officials responsible for demoting and then firing McCabe — FBI Director Chris Wray and Sessions — created a pretext to force him out in accordance with the president's wishes.

The stated reason for the firing was that McCabe had misled investigators over his involvement in a news media leak, but McCabe says the real reason was "his refusal to pledge allegiance to a single man."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-attorney-recommends-proceeding-with-charges-against-mccabe-as-doj-rejects-last-ditch-appeal

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.

A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, "The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office."

McCabe, who recently was hired as a paid CNN commentator, spent 21 years with the FBI. He became the acting director in May 2017 after President Trump fired former director James Comey.

Last month, a source close to the process told Fox News that McCabe had a “target on his back” because of the Justice Department inspector general findings.

Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe in March 2018 after the inspector general found he had repeatedly misstated his involvement in a leak to The Wall Street Journal regarding an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The IG report faulted McCabe for leaking information to then-Wall Street Journal reporter Devlin Barrett for an Oct. 30, 2016 story titled “FBI in Internal Feud Over Hillary Clinton Probe.” The story -- written just days before the presidential election – focused on the FBI announcing the reopening of the Clinton investigation after finding thousands of her emails on a laptop belonging to former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, who was married to Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

The Journal's account of the call said a senior Justice Department official expressed displeasure to McCabe that FBI agents were still looking into the Clinton Foundation, and that McCabe had defended the agent's authority to pursue the issue.

That leak confirmed the existence of the probe, the report said, which Comey had up to that point refused to do.

The report said that McCabe "lacked candor" in a conversation with Comey when he said he had not authorized the disclosure and didn't know who had done so. The IG also found that he lacked candor when questioned by FBI agents on multiple occasions since that conversation.

McCabe has denied any wrongdoing and said the inspector general's conclusions relied on mischaracterizations and omissions, including of information favorable to McCabe.

Last month, McCabe sued the FBI and the Justice Department over his firing, arguing it was part of Trump's plan to rid the bureau of leaders he perceived as disloyal to him. McCabe argued in his complaint that the two officials responsible for demoting and then firing McCabe — FBI Director Chris Wray and Sessions — created a pretext to force him out in accordance with the president's wishes.

The stated reason for the firing was that McCabe had misled investigators over his involvement in a news media leak, but McCabe says the real reason was "his refusal to pledge allegiance to a single man."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-attorney-recommends-proceeding-with-charges-against-mccabe-as-doj-rejects-last-ditch-appeal

I have to admit I am surprised. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
I have to admit I am surprised. 
About time.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2020, 02:43:01 PM »
Ordinary people go to prison for "lying" to police, FBI or courts but goons like McCabe and his ilk can lie or conveniently "omit" information with impunity.

McCabe apologized for misleading investigators on leak, transcripts show

Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe apologized for lying to federal investigators concerning an October 2016 leak to The Wall Street Journal about the Hillary Clinton email probe, newly released transcripts indicate -- underscoring McCabe's legal jeopardy as U.S. Attorney John Durham continues the Justice Department's criminal probe into bureau misconduct.

The transcripts specifically raised the possibility that McCabe, now a paid CNN commentator, could face a false statements charge similar to the one leveled against former national security adviser Michael Flynn. The account of McCabe's remarks was released by the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general (IG) because of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, D.C.

The IG concluded in 2018 that McCabe "lacked candor" when speaking to then-FBI Director James Comey and DOJ Oversight and Review (O&R) internal investigators about the leak to the Journal on May 9, 2017. In the transcripts, released Thursday, an unidentified O&R investigator asserted that McCabe had claimed "he did not grant anyone permission to divulge the information to the media" and that he "personally hadn't shared the information" or "granted anyone else permission to."

But on Aug. 18, 2017, McCabe's story changed when he was confronted with other evidence, including emails and witness accounts, that conflicted with his prior statements. Asked again whether he was aware of the leak to the Journal and had personally authorized it, McCabe was unequivocal.

"And as nice as could be, he said, 'Yep. Yep I did,'" the FBI agent said, according to the transcripts.

“I remember saying to him, ‘Sir, you understand that we’ve put a lot of work into this based on what you told us,’” the investigating agent told McCabe, according to the documents. “I mean, and I even said, long nights and weekends working on this trying to find out who amongst your ranks of trusted people would, would do something like that. And [McCabe] kind of just looked down, kind of nodded and said, ‘Yeah, I’m sorry.’”

The agent said McCabe's lie had caused weeks of investigative "sidetracking," and indicated that criminal liability popped into his mind: “In our business, we stop and say, look, now we’re getting into an area for due process,” the agent said, per the transcript.

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu recommended moving forward with charges against McCabe last year.

But McCabe has denied any wrongdoing and said the inspector general's conclusions relied on mischaracterizations and omissions, including of information favorable to McCabe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-apologized-misleading-investigators-leak-transcripts

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »
Ordinary people go to prison for "lying" to police, FBI or courts but goons like McCabe and his ilk can lie or conveniently "omit" information with impunity.

Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe apologized for lying to federal investigators concerning an October 2016 leak to The Wall Street Journal about the Hillary Clinton email probe, newly released transcripts indicate -- underscoring McCabe's legal jeopardy as U.S. Attorney John Durham continues the Justice Department's criminal probe into bureau misconduct.

The transcripts specifically raised the possibility that McCabe, now a paid CNN commentator, could face a false statements charge similar to the one leveled against former national security adviser Michael Flynn. The account of McCabe's remarks was released by the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general (IG) because of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, D.C.

The IG concluded in 2018 that McCabe "lacked candor" when speaking to then-FBI Director James Comey and DOJ Oversight and Review (O&R) internal investigators about the leak to the Journal on May 9, 2017. In the transcripts, released Thursday, an unidentified O&R investigator asserted that McCabe had claimed "he did not grant anyone permission to divulge the information to the media" and that he "personally hadn't shared the information" or "granted anyone else permission to."

But on Aug. 18, 2017, McCabe's story changed when he was confronted with other evidence, including emails and witness accounts, that conflicted with his prior statements. Asked again whether he was aware of the leak to the Journal and had personally authorized it, McCabe was unequivocal.

"And as nice as could be, he said, 'Yep. Yep I did,'" the FBI agent said, according to the transcripts.

“I remember saying to him, ‘Sir, you understand that we’ve put a lot of work into this based on what you told us,’” the investigating agent told McCabe, according to the documents. “I mean, and I even said, long nights and weekends working on this trying to find out who amongst your ranks of trusted people would, would do something like that. And [McCabe] kind of just looked down, kind of nodded and said, ‘Yeah, I’m sorry.’”

The agent said McCabe's lie had caused weeks of investigative "sidetracking," and indicated that criminal liability popped into his mind: “In our business, we stop and say, look, now we’re getting into an area for due process,” the agent said, per the transcript.

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu recommended moving forward with charges against McCabe last year.

But McCabe has denied any wrongdoing and said the inspector general's conclusions relied on mischaracterizations and omissions, including of information favorable to McCabe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-apologized-misleading-investigators-leak-transcripts

so basically no different than Trumptard and his cast of criminal traitors that surround him

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »
so basically no different than Trumptard and his cast of criminal traitors that surround him

Do your parents, if alive, still refer to you as "son" in public?  In truth, I seriously doubt it.  You are one dumb twatling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2020, 11:20:41 PM »

I really hope they prosecute this criminal, but I'm not all that optimistic. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
Not surprised. 

DOJ won't pursue criminal charges against McCabe
By Brooke Singman, Jake Gibson | Fox News

Former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe claims there is an 'inherent weakness' in the process the FBI uses to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

The Justice Department said Friday it will not pursue criminal charges against former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, after a nearly two-year-long investigation into accusations brought by the agency's independent watchdog who found that he lacked "candor" when questioned about leaking to the media.

TRUMP INSISTS HE HAS ‘LEGAL RIGHT’ TO INTERVENE IN DOJ CASES, BUT HAS CHOSEN NOT TO

In a letter to McCabe attorney Michael Bromwich obtained by Fox News, Justice Department attorney J.P. Cooney said the investigation is now “closed.”

“We write to inform you that, after careful consideration, the government has decided not to pursue criminal charges against your client, Andrew G. McCabe,” Cooney wrote.

The DOJ added: “Based on the totality of the circumstances and all of the information known to the government at this time, we consider the matter closed."

In a statement to Fox News, Bromwich and McCabe counsel David Schertler confirmed they received the information through a phone call from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Washington, D.C. They said that call was followed by the letter notifying them that “the criminal investigation of Andrew McCabe has been closed.”

“This means that no charges will be brought against him based on the facts underlying the Office of the Inspector General’s April 2018 report,” Bromwich and Schertler said. “At long last, justice has been done in this matter.”

Steve Pomerantz on Andrew McCabe's 'lack of candor'Video
“We said at the outset of the criminal investigation, almost two years ago, that if the facts and the law determined the result, no charges would be brought,” they said. “We are pleased that Andrew McCabe and his family can go on with their lives without this cloud hanging over them.”

The announcement Friday comes at the end of a dramatic week at the Justice Department relating to the case of former Trump associate Roger Stone. The week saw federal prosecutors recommend a tough sentence for Stone, only to have the leadership at the Justice Department overrule the prosecutors and call for a lesser sentence. That provoked withdrawals and resignations from several of the prosecutors on the case.

After the president expressed his frustrations about the case against Stone over Twitter, Attorney General Bill Barr said in a television interview on Thursday that “it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases.”

President Trump responds to Attorney General Barr's headline-making interviewVideo
Trump, who has railed against McCabe and has argued prosecutors have been tougher on his allies than people on the other side of the political spectrum, is likely to decry the Justice Department’s decision on McCabe.

As for the case against McCabe, the 2018 inspector general’s report faulted the former deputy director for leaking information to then-Wall Street Journal reporter Devlin Barrett for an Oct. 30, 2016 story titled “FBI in Internal Feud Over Hillary Clinton Probe.” The story, written just days before the presidential election, focused on the FBI announcing the reopening of the Clinton investigation after finding thousands of her emails on a laptop belonging to former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, who was married to Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

MCCABE CALLS ON DOJ TO CLOSE INVESTIGATION AMID SPECULATION OVER POSSIBLE CHARGES

McCabe served at the FBI for 21 years. He became the acting director in May 2017 after President Trump fired former director James Comey.

Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe in March 2018 after the inspector general found he had repeatedly misstated his involvement in a leak to The Journal regarding an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Throughout the investigation, McCabe denied any wrongdoing and said the inspector general’s conclusions relied on mischaracterizations and omissions, including of information favorable to McCabe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-wont-pursue-criminal-charges-against-mccabe

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2020, 10:31:55 AM »
Not surprised. 

Me neither

Just another politically motivated witch hunt

Next up.....John Bolton

Trump will go after him to try prevent him from publishing his book but Trumptard will fail yet again

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
Not surprised. 

DOJ won't pursue criminal charges against McCabe

As usual. Ordinary people lying or "lying" to law enforcement: prison. Cops, government goons and their ilk lying to law enforcement/Congress: impunity.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2020, 03:47:54 PM »
As usual. Ordinary people lying or "lying" to law enforcement: prison. Cops, government goons and their ilk lying to law enforcement/Congress: impunity.
Yep, I don't expect anything to happen in any remotely meaningful way.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »
Me neither

Just another politically motivated witch hunt

Next up.....John Bolton

Trump will go after him to try prevent him from publishing his book but Trumptard will fail yet again

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, BROTHER!

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BADLY TRUMPTARD IS FAILING, BROTHER!!

THIS IS GREAT, BROTHER!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, BROTHER!

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BADLY TRUMPTARD IS FAILING, BROTHER!!

THIS IS GREAT, BROTHER!!!

You misspelled sister.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
Old but still timely commentary. 

McCabe and Papadopoulos: Two-Tiered Justice
By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY
August 24, 2019

“Equal justice under the law” is not supposed to be an aspiration or a quaint slogan. It is supposed to be a guarantee.
The date of a meeting, that’s all the lie was about.

George Papadopoulos claimed that a meeting he’d had with the mysterious Maltese professor, Josef Mifsud, happened slightly before the green-as-grass 28-year-old was recruited into the Trump campaign. In reality, it was slightly after.

It wasn’t a very important lie. It was of no consequence to the FBI or the special counsel’s investigation. Papadopoulos was such an afterthought that the Bureau did not bother to interview him until late January 2017 — about 10 months after he met Mifsud. By the time Papadopoulos was charged, the Trump–Russia investigation had been ongoing for well over a year — it was already clear that there was no conspiracy.

Yet that didn’t stop Mueller’s staff and Rod Rosenstein, their Justice Department superior, from indicting Papadopoulos on a felony charge. Nor did it stop them from exhorting a federal court to impose a sentence of incarceration. (The judge thought so little of the case, a prison term of 14 days was imposed.)

It wasn’t enough that prosecutors and agents had scared the bejesus out Papadopoulos by scheming to arrest him as he disembarked from a flight in the early evening – after the court was closed, ensuring that young George would spend the night in jail. The fact that he had voluntarily spoken to the feds, that he had counsel who’d made themselves and him available to Mueller’s prosecutors, that he was no flight risk – none of that counted for anything. After all, what fun would it be to call his lawyers and arrange his surrender for processing and quick release on bail? Not when government officials could flex their muscles and show him who’s boss, right?

I couldn’t help thinking about the hardball treatment of Papadopoulos when, yesterday, CNN announced the hiring of Andrew McCabe as a commentator. McCabe, of course, was the FBI’s deputy director before being fired after the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, concluded that he made multiple false statements to the FBI — including under oath. McCabe was questioned in connection with his leak of investigative information to the media. The leak may have damaged the FBI’s investigation of the Clinton Foundation (it certainly exposed information the Bureau was trying to keep under wraps).

As I’ve previously recounted, McCabe is quite the operator: According to the IG report, to try to throw snoops off the scent, the then–deputy director indignantly reamed out subordinates in New York and Washington — as if these FBI field offices were guilty of the leak McCabe himself had orchestrated. His mendacity obviously obstructed the leak investigation, requiring additional interviews as agents ran down the misleading information.

McCabe has never been charged.

Government officials who leak while demonstrating their contempt for Donald Trump manage to land on their feet. McCabe joins a CNN stable that includes former Obama national intelligence director James Clapper, who is best known for lying to Congress about the government’s bulk collection of telephone metadata . . . and for discussing Steele dossier information with CNN shortly before the network published a report about it . . . and not long before it hired Clapper as a commentator. CNN missed out on former Obama CIA director John Brennan, who falsely denied to the Senate that his agency spied on the chamber’s intelligence committee. Brennan, who said he was really sorry, was inked by MSNBC.

As Papadopoulos can tell you, non-government types who mislead government investigations don’t do so well.

Viewed in isolation, the Papadopoulos prosecution is not the sort of thing that tugs at my heartstrings. One of the many reasons Americans are winners of life’s lottery is that we live in a country in which no one may be forced to be a witness against himself. Refusing to speak to police is always an option, so lying should not be. If people came to think they could lie with impunity, the justice system would break down.

But it is supposed to be a justice system. One tier, not two. Everyone systematically given equal justice, which is the only justice worthy of the name.

For about ten days, I’ve had a new book out on Russiagate, called Ball of Collusion. I’ve gotten to do lots of speeches and interviews. Most interesting are the ones when members of the audience ask questions. Without fail, they home in on the thing I least like to talk about: What is going to happen to government officials who are suspected of abusing their powers and misleading such bodies as the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court? A name that reliably comes up is Andy McCabe. People who have followed the story know the IG referred him to the Justice Department for a possible false-statements prosecution. They know other aspects of McCabe’s conduct are still under investigation.

I hate this topic because I am not one to cheerlead for comeuppance against law-enforcement people. I know how hard their jobs are, how readily errors can be made because one often has to act on imperfect information; because there is a natural zeal to catch bad guys that can easily become overzealousness. I have no problem analyzing their judgment calls — mine got analyzed plenty, and we all make our share of mistakes. But I am hard-wired not to presume bad motive.

So I tell people what they don’t want to hear: We don’t know all the salient facts; we should wait for the imminent reports of investigations being conducted by Horowitz and John Durham (the Connecticut U.S. attorney tasked by AG Bill Barr to probe Russiagate); and we should disabuse ourselves of the notion that errors in judgment and abuses of discretion, even egregious ones, necessarily entail criminal-law violations. It is much more important to have a factual accounting of what happened, and to take whatever curative measures are apt to prevent bad things from happening again.

Suffice it to say, this does not get a warm reception.

There is a great deal of anger out there. People see the kid-gloves approach to the Clinton-emails investigation, and they can’t square it with the aggression of the Trump–Russia probe. They see the laws contorted to let Mrs. Clinton slide, while the screws get put to Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort over the Logan Act and the Foreign Agent Registration Act – statutes the Justice Department almost never invokes.

They see the false-statements investigations of Andy McCabe and George Papadopoulos and think, “Hey, wait a second . . .”

“Equal justice under the law” is not supposed to be an aspiration or a quaint slogan. It is supposed to be a guarantee.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/andrew-mccabe-george-papadopoulos-two-tiered-justice/

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2020, 03:37:04 AM »