Author Topic: $1.89 For A Can Of Chicken Noodle Soup???? Fxxx That Shxx! I Got A Better Idea..  (Read 2809 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."

$0.75

Video coming soon ...

K

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
The only respectable soup is Campbells.
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!

$0.75

Video coming soon ...

Shouldn't you be axin' if the chicken in the can was saved or not?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
FOR THE SOUP

• 1 whole chicken, 3-4 pounds
  • 3 quarts water
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 3 large stalks of celery, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, diced
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

FOR THE NOODLES
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 whole egg

Place the chicken in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is falling off the bone, about an hour. Remove the chicken, and let cool to touch. Remove the meat from the bones.

Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, sage, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram to the broth. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes.

While the broth is simmering, make your egg noodles by mixing together the flour and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, and add in the egg yolks and egg. Using clean fingers, mix together until it is lumpy and yellow (it should look a bit like scrambled eggs). Add in water a few tablespoons at a time, kneading after each addition, until the dough comes together to form a ball.

Flour a work surface, and roll out the dough until paper-thin. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut into 1/4″ x 2″ pieces.

Add the noodles, just a few at a time, to the simmering broth. Once all noodles are added, also add in the chicken. Boil noodles for 3-5 minutes until they are tender and no longer doughy. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.