Author Topic: WRESTLEMANIA 34 PICKS  (Read 9149 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: WRESTLEMANIA 34 PICKS
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 06:03:27 AM »
whats with that kid and strowman?

Was it a setup or did strowman choose the kid randomnly?
The kid was one of the WWE referee's sons that was travelling with him at the moment.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
I know...I mentioned in the other thread you posted that I absolutely cringed at Charlotte losing to Carmella via the briefcase cash in...after that spectacular match at Mania. The Iconics are actually great together its nice that they got the call to the main roster. I heard rumors that Reigns may win the title at that Saudi Arabia show to the more "accepting" fans there as he is notoriously booed and unaccepted in North America.

Lesner is also signed to UFC (he will be allowed to fight when not wrestling) but his WWE contract is extended till Sumerslam where he is expected to fued with Lashley.

Listening to some of these podcasts from YouTube, it appears I was far from the only one who thought that Lesnar was leaving, thus doing the THT for Reigns.

Even Mark Henry hinted as such at the Hall of Fame. When talking about how he can still go and take world titles from people, he called out AJ Styles and how he could beat him for the WWE world championship. Then, instead of hitting Lesnar about the Universal title, he aimed at REIGNS, "You ain't won it yet. But, you can give it up or get it took from you."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
Ok, I understand that Taker lost to Roman for the second loss in the streak.  The first loss to Brock was believable and a great climax.  Losing to Roman.... wtf?   Taker comes back and Shane gives him a longer harder match than Cena.   WTFx2?  Ok, I know they are trying to get Taker back to his badass image.  (whatever), but beating Cena that quick does nothing.  Cena can take a loss with no consequences.  His spot in the company isn't going anywhere.   Taker's return accomplished nothing.  A last  minute surprise that failed to deliver.  Could have had an impact, but it didn't.  

EXACTLY!! There was no rhyme nor reason for it. BTW, you forgot about his match with Bray Wyatt at WM31 (but I don't think you cared).

For nearly a year, Cena has been chasing another world title to break the tie he has with Flair. He lost the #1 contender match for the WWE world title to Nakamura (for SummerSlam). He lost in the Rumble (to face either champion), lost in the Elimination Chamber (for the Universal Championship #1 contender spot), and lost the six-pack challenge for the WWE world championship.

Fighting an old Undertaker with NOTHING AT STAKE? No Streak? No world title? Not even Cena's career (which might have been the only way to make this match palatable)? How pathetic, ESPECIALLY after all that tear-jerking we got last year, thinking it was the end after the Deadman lost to Reigns.

I disagree with Roman not being shoved down our throats.  He is in those main events because Vince is trying so hard to get him over and popped to the crowd.  No one really likes him.  They just tolerate his matches hoping to see him get beat.  The sad part is he is my niece's favorite wrestler and I have to sit there and keep my shitty sarcasm to myself while he is on tv.   >:(

I still don't get how Reigns was so red hot, when he and the other guys of the Shield were heels. Then Rollins went heel, Reigns got hot as a face, winning Superstar of the year.

Yet, all that went POOF, simply because he (not Daniel Bryan) won the 2015 Royal Rumble. Sorry, but there ain't NO WAY you're selling Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar, especially after having the Beast pummel Cena half to death.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 05:18:26 AM »
Well, according to the dirt sheets, Undertaker "is not done yet" and scheduled to wrestle 4 times by years end.
Brock's has a unique contract that will see him wrestle part time in the WWE while allowing him to fight in UFC. Dane White being ringside at WM was proof that he and McMahon are in cahoots and doing business. He is scheduled to wrestle Lashley at SS.
Reigns is scheduled to start a feud with Samoa Joe.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »
Well, according to the dirt sheets, Undertaker "is not done yet" and scheduled to wrestle 4 times by years end.
Brock's has a unique contract that will see him wrestle part time in the WWE while allowing him to fight in UFC. Dane White being ringside at WM was proof that he and McMahon are in cahoots and doing business. He is scheduled to wrestle Lashley at SS.
Reigns is scheduled to start a feud with Samoa Joe.

If the Deadman isn't done yet, why did he (and WWE) put the fans through all that emotional CRAP from WrestleMania last year?

Taker is fighting Rusev in a Casket Match at the "Greatest Royal Rumble" in India.

Another feud with Reigns and Samoa Joe? Oh brother!!!

Lesnar and Lashley sounds interesting. But, I think Lesnar is coughing up the Universal title to Reigns in India.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
If the Deadman isn't done yet, why did he (and WWE) put the fans through all that emotional CRAP from WrestleMania last year?

Taker is fighting Rusev in a Casket Match at the "Greatest Royal Rumble" in India.

Another feud with Reigns and Samoa Joe? Oh brother!!!

Lesnar and Lashley sounds interesting. But, I think Lesnar is coughing up the Universal title to Reigns in India.
You mean Saudi Arabia  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 05:49:11 PM »
You mean Saudi Arabia  ;D

Did they switch venues or did I goof this one up?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 04:13:03 AM »
Did they switch venues or did I goof this one up?
No, apparently this "Greatest Royal Rumble" is in Saudi Arabia and it airs this Friday at 6pm standard eastern time. The women are not on the show as women there are not liberated as they are here and they all have very strong religious beliefs so they were kept off the card. Why the hell they would want to promote WWE in a middle eastern place like that is beyond me. I'm thinking for their safety. At least in Iraq they were surrounded by 1 million of their own troops armed to the 9's. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »
No, apparently this "Greatest Royal Rumble" is in Saudi Arabia and it airs this Friday at 6pm standard eastern time. The women are not on the show as women there are not liberated as they are here and they all have very strong religious beliefs so they were kept off the card. Why the hell they would want to promote WWE in a middle eastern place like that is beyond me. I'm thinking for their safety. At least in Iraq they were surrounded by 1 million of their own troops armed to the 9's. 

I thought the women were allowed to wrestle there, as long as they had on full body suits. There was some special with Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss, wrestling in a Muslim country. But, they're covered from head to toe in Goldust-style body suits.

Boy, if they think the women need to be covered up now, it's a good thing the women didn't go over there during the "Divas" era. I don't think they'd take too kindly to a pudding match.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
I thought the women were allowed to wrestle there, as long as they had on full body suits. There was some special with Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss, wrestling in a Muslim country. But, they're covered from head to toe in Goldust-style body suits.

Boy, if they think the women need to be covered up now, it's a good thing the women didn't go over there during the "Divas" era. I don't think they'd take too kindly to a pudding match.

That's what I thought too but apparently the rules are different in Saudi Arabia then they are in Dubai.