Author Topic: Best No Carb-No Fat recipe for Canned Tuna....  (Read 5104 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Best No Carb-No Fat recipe for Canned Tuna....
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:45:29 AM »
Been doing this for years. NOTHING....I mean NOTHING comes close to this IMO. It adds ZERO carbs and ZERO fat to your already bland can of tuna. Whenever I competed or just did a yearly cut-up peak...I was always a very very low carb dieter. Hence my need for such. Here goes it.

2 cans of No Sodium Albacore Tuna ( a low mercury brand...or not if you prefer ). Dont drain out the water. Just dump both cans plus the water into a large bowl and spend a minute breaking up the tuna chunks well with a fork until minced up very well.

Then add these 2 ingredients to the tuna and mix up with a fork very very well for a minute or 2.

1 measured teaspoon of MRS DASH ONION & HERB powder. *** You could use 2 measured teaspoons if you want it stronger in flavor. It wont change the nutritional ratios.

1/4 quarter Teaspoon of iodized table salt.

As I said....mix these 2 ingredients into the tuna very well for a minute or 2.

And then add another nice generous extra sprinkle of Mrs Dash Onion&Herb all over the top of the tuna but dont mix...just leave on top....and then eat.

Trust me on this....it is incredible. I competed and dieted on canned tuna since the late 80's and spent years suffering and choking it down, but once I discovered this recipe....I would actually be craving more tuna after consuming the 2 cans.

Anyway...hope this helps some of you guys. FYI...I never tried it with a basic chunk light darker tuna...only albacore...as albacore is cleaner and lighter looking...as well as way less fishy tasting.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
Re: Best No Carb-No Fat recipe for Canned Tuna....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »
Interesting idea of not draining the water.

I always drain the water from tuna, but then I add back moisture in some form such as Tapatio or other hot sauce, apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar, or a little dijon mustard. This way you add more flavor while adding no fat or carbs.

Jona

• Getbig II
Re: Best No Carb-No Fat recipe for Canned Tuna....
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
hmm i will have to try this. I eat two cans of tuna each day but haven't bought ms. dash in years