Author Topic: Has any wrestler done well after retiring?  (Read 10864 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Has any wrestler done well after retiring?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 05:01:51 AM »
You guys may enjoy this one:

I believe Larry Zbyszko once mentioned that Rene Goulet would actually count the number of slices in a loaf of bread, comparing it to others before deciding which to buy.
Bobby Heenan also commented on Goulet’s extreme frugality, as a preface to the fact that he and his wife both enjoyed a very comfortable retired life on/near a posh golf course in Florida.

Although Rene drew good money in the territory days, he never made "superstar" money. However, he is financially (and physically) better off than many guys who made a whole lot more with very little to show for it now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 04:48:48 AM »
You guys may enjoy this one:

I believe Larry Zbyszko once mentioned that Rene Goulet would actually count the number of slices in a loaf of bread, comparing it to others before deciding which to buy.
Bobby Heenan also commented on Goulet’s extreme frugality, as a preface to the fact that he and his wife both enjoyed a very comfortable retired life on/near a posh golf course in Florida.

Although Rene drew good money in the territory days, he never made "superstar" money. However, he is financially (and physically) better off than many guys who made a whole lot more with very little to show for it now.
I heard this too. Its about being smart. Paul Orndorff invested a lot of his earnings in properties, a bowling alley and a gym. Even Undertaker has a company he owns with another fellow outside of wrestling despite having a huge net worth.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
I heard this too. Its about being smart. Paul Orndorff invested a lot of his earnings in properties, a bowling alley and a gym. Even Undertaker has a company he owns with another fellow outside of wrestling despite having a huge net worth.

I seem to recall hearing that Taker owns/has owned a tattoo shop and real estate company over the years, but I can't remember any details apart from that.