Author Topic: Blue states rally to upend Electoral College, with addition of Connecticut  (Read 4280 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Is that largest population wise ? And No I didn’t know.

I was reading an article, well several over the last few days that say the EC was great in its inception, but for example, California vs Wyoming, Wyoming gets a lot more EC votes per population than california. It made me readjust my  anti EC position to say yeah, if you equal out the population to votes, I can live with it  I can look for the most compelling article if it is something you are interested in

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Move to Wyoming......problem solved.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
One man one vote - Majority wins in Principle is Right & Correct.
Only in Practice often times to many other factors can & do affect how people vote.

I tend to agree with you regarding "one man, one vote - majority wins." I also agree that there are other factors to consider. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
I was reading an article, well several over the last few days that say the EC was great in its inception, but for example, California vs Wyoming, Wyoming gets a lot more EC votes per population than california. It made me readjust my  anti EC position to say yeah, if you equal out the population to votes, I can live with it  I can look for the most compelling article if it is something you are interested in

Yes I would be interested as I’d like to know more.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I tend to agree with you regarding "one man, one vote - majority wins." I also agree that there are other factors to consider. 

How good is that - Even we can agree on something’s at times.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
On rare occasions, electors do not vote as pledged. The Constitution and federal law do not require electors to abide by the results of the popular vote in their states, so occasionally “faithless electors” go rogue and cast ballots for candidates other than the one to whom they are pledged.

Nebraska and Maine are the only states that do not automatically award all of their electors to the winner of the state popular vote.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Thanks
Yes it is in depth.!!

what's your thoughts after reading it?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
The majority of people are idiots.

Do you want majority rule?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
This one is pretty indepth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/how-fair-is-the-electoral-college/
In regards to Commiefornia, Texas, Florida and NY....what percentage of the population is being counted on the census that 1) have had their right to vote stripped away due to crimes? 2) are in the country illegally and aren't supposed to vote (unless they vote democrat of course)?

Florida has estimated 1.6 million people that have lost their right to vote.
Commiefornia has estimated 225k (seems very low to me living in this state) that have lost their right to vote.

Florida has an estimated 77k illegal immigrants
Commiefornia has an estimated 2.6M illegal immigrants
NY has an estimated 725k illegal immigrants
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
In regards to Commiefornia, Texas, Florida and NY....what percentage of the population is being counted on the census that 1) have had their right to vote stripped away due to crimes? 2) are in the country illegally and aren't supposed to vote (unless they vote democrat of course)?

Florida has estimated 1.6 million people that have lost their right to vote.
Commiefornia has estimated 225k (seems very low to me living in this state) that have lost their right to vote.

Florida has an estimated 77k illegal immigrants
Commiefornia has an estimated 2.6M illegal immigrants
NY has an estimated 725k illegal immigrants

How are they able to register to vote if they are illegals and or lost the right to vote ?

chaos

• Getbig V

How are they able to register to vote if they are illegals and or lost the right to vote ?

Just fill out some forms to register. As far as voting goes, you tell them a name and address, if they can't find it in their little book, you write it down. It's a terribly flawed system and voter ID laws would help tremendously in proving who is/has voted. But demoncrats have continually voted down such laws claiming them to be racist. LMAO gotta show ID to buy beer, cash a check, board a plane.....but show ID to vote? Racism!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Just fill out some forms to register. As far as voting goes, you tell them a name and address, if they can't find it in their little book, you write it down. It's a terribly flawed system and voter ID laws would help tremendously in proving who is/has voted. But demoncrats have continually voted down such laws claiming them to be racist. LMAO gotta show ID to buy beer, cash a check, board a plane.....but show ID to vote? Racism!!!

That’s an awfully flawed system - Ridiculous Really - So it would be possible to vote more than once.

Now how can anyone legitimately defend the Democraps being against Voting For reforming that
Flawed system.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

In Florida, where I reside I had to show a drivers license. When I signed in I didn't put a lot of effort into my signature. It didn't match the signature on my license close enough for the person checking my registration. They called a supervisor over. I had to show a couple other forms of ID before they let me vote. So I don't think it is as easy in real life as you make it out.

chaos

• Getbig V
In Florida, where I reside I had to show a drivers license. When I signed in I didn't put a lot of effort into my signature. It didn't match the signature on my license close enough for the person checking my registration. They called a supervisor over. I had to show a couple other forms of ID before they let me vote. So I don't think it is as easy in real life as you make it out.
Really?  How was Texas? In Ca (a lovely sanctuary state with over 2 million illegals) I gave them an address and a name. No ID was every asked for.

As a matter of fact, a few years back I went to the wrong polling place, wrote in my own name and address by hand and voted. Never showed ID then either. I don't think it's as hard as you're making it out to be.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Really?  How was Texas? In Ca (a lovely sanctuary state with over 2 million illegals) I gave them an address and a name. No ID was every asked for.

As a matter of fact, a few years back I went to the wrong polling place, wrote in my own name and address by hand and voted. Never showed ID then either. I don't think it's as hard as you're making it out to be.

Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
United States Passport (book or card)
With the exception of the U.S. Citizenship Certificate, which does not expire, for voters aged 18-69, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place. For voters aged 70 or older, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired for any length of time if the identification is otherwise valid.

Election Identification Certificates are available from DPS driver license offices during regular business hours. Find mobile station locations here.

Here is a list of the supporting forms of ID that can be presented if the voter does not possess one of the forms of acceptable photo ID and cannot reasonably obtain one:

copy or original of a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, including the voter’s voter registration certificate;
copy of or original current utility bill;
copy of or original bank statement;
copy of or original government check;
copy of or original paycheck; or
copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document).
After presenting one of the forms of supporting ID listed above, the voter must execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration.

Procedures for Voting
When a voter arrives at a polling location, the voter will be asked to present one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of photo ID that is current or, for voters aged 18-69, expired no more than four years. Voters aged 70 or older may present one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of photo ID that is expired for any length of time that is otherwise valid. If a voter does not possess one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of photo ID and cannot reasonably obtain one, the voter may present a supporting form of ID and execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo identification, stating that the information contained in the declaration is true, that the voter is the same individual personally appearing at the polling place to sign the declaration, and that the voter faces a reasonable impediment to procuring an acceptable form of photo identification.

Election officials are still required by State law to determine whether the voter’s name on the identification provided (acceptable photo ID, or supporting form of ID, if applicable) matches the name on the official list of registered voters (“OLRV”). After a voter presents their ID, whether it’s an acceptable form of photo ID or a supporting form of ID (if applicable), the election worker will compare it to the OLRV. If the name on the ID matches the name on the list of registered voters, the voter will follow the regular procedures for voting.

chaos

• Getbig V
Texas sounds great.

According to the Office of the California Secretary of State, "in most cases, California voters are not required to show identification at their polling place."
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!