Author Topic: Metformin Effects in Bodybuilding  (Read 9766 times)

BodybuilderinThailand

• Getbig II
Metformin Effects in Bodybuilding
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »
Metformin Effects in Bodybuilding
What it does and why it is so effective.

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
Re: Metformin Effects in Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »
Metformin is a terrible choice for any bodybuilder! It impairs both T3 and T4 production (rather extremely in some cases), it KILLS IFG-1 production (don’t believe me? Read up, or just ask Collette Nelson, or watch her interview with Dave Palumbo).

Metformin has proven negative effects on androgen receptors which also impact protein synthesis. In some cases, it actually kills androgen receptors.... not good for those of us on gear!!

My advice is stay far away from Metformin. If your still foolishly set on taking an “insulin sensitizer” look into berberine... it does everything metformin does but without the numerous bad side effects from metformin.

PizzaTrenSlin

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 02:39:13 AM »
Metformin is a terrible choice for any bodybuilder! It impairs both T3 and T4 production (rather extremely in some cases), it KILLS IFG-1 production (don’t believe me? Read up, or just ask Collette Nelson, or watch her interview with Dave Palumbo).

Metformin has proven negative effects on androgen receptors which also impact protein synthesis. In some cases, it actually kills androgen receptors.... not good for those of us on gear!!

My advice is stay far away from Metformin. If your still foolishly set on taking an “insulin sensitizer” look into berberine... it does everything metformin does but without the numerous bad side effects from metformin.

Oh yeah and Berberine fucks MTOR. Good luck.

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 05:35:53 AM »
Oh yeah and Berberine fucks MTOR. Good luck.

Remember, these are compounds and herbs used to help regulate insulin sensitivity..... none of them have anything to do with promoting protein anabolism.

They are all terrible for any bodybuilder in my opinion, however, as I stated... IF you are still foolishly set on taking one of these products, Berberine one is a better choice, but still a stupid one, hands down compared to Metformin.

The increases in atrogin-1 that doth cause to some varying degree, cause muscle atrophy.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 07:49:07 AM »
It's believed that metformins suppression of IGF is why fewer people get cancer while on it

plebian

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »
lol @ taking metformin

Heres a novel idea if you want better insulin sensitivity: stop eating so much damn fat.

The diet of the average gym rat these days is fucking horrible.

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
Doesn't do much

I take it every now and again taken it for long periods to test it's efficiency.

Nothing magic about it.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 08:19:39 AM »

Not convinced you are correct, and asking Ms. Nelson or Mr. Palumbo is highly questionable.
When blood sugar levels are an issue this is an appropriate med to use, as far as Thyroid and IGF levels being lowered by usage, that's not accurate.

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »
Not convinced you are correct, and asking Ms. Nelson or Mr. Palumbo is highly questionable.
When blood sugar levels are an issue this is an appropriate med to use, as far as Thyroid and IGF levels being lowered by usage, that's not accurate.

Ms. Nelson a questionable source...? Really buddy?
She is a type 1 diabetic, a certified diabetic educator, works in a medical office and has real-world clients (both type-1 and type-2). She understand more about insulin and insulin sensitizers (like the evil Metformin for type-2) than almost everyone on this forum (including you probably). What are you basing your assertion on? Actual experience with Collette, or simply your arrogance or lack of knowledge? Dave, although not a diabetic, was an early "experimenter" with this stuff. He knows the science behind these drugs (anabolics, insulins, hgh, etc) better than most in the scene.

Educate yourself, buddy, and check out these links!
Metformin Downregulates IGF-1 Pathways https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3631250/
Metformin Reduces FT (free Test) and TT (Total Test) in healthy males https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12235466
Metformin induced hepatoxicity https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1345/aph.1p099
Metformin causes lactic acidosis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22386881
Metformin can cause B12 deficiency https://www.bmj.com/content/340/bmj.c2181

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
Ms. Nelson a questionable source...? Really buddy?
She is a type 1 diabetic, a certified diabetic educator, works in a medical office and has real-world clients (both type-1 and type-2). She understand more about insulin and insulin sensitizers (like the evil Metformin for type-2) than almost everyone on this forum (including you probably). What are you basing your assertion on? Actual experience with Collette, or simply your arrogance or lack of knowledge? Dave, although not a diabetic, was an early "experimenter" with this stuff. He knows the science behind these drugs (anabolics, insulins, hgh, etc) better than most in the scene.

Educate yourself, buddy, and check out these links!
Metformin Downregulates IGF-1 Pathways https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3631250/
Metformin Reduces FT (free Test) and TT (Total Test) in healthy males https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12235466
Metformin induced hepatoxicity https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1345/aph.1p099
Metformin causes lactic acidosis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22386881
Metformin can cause B12 deficiency https://www.bmj.com/content/340/bmj.c2181

Hey buddy,
I am not your buddy, Nelson and Palumbo are clueless and both show the physical issues they have predicated on a shared mental illness. I hope that they live a long and productive lives and enjoy themselves the best they can. You quote articles, wonderful, there are articles regarding every medication and every use and every side to each of them. Consider getting an education and maybe lose the hate and attitude.
You have no clue, pathetic child that you are.

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »
Okay... not-my-buddy! Its regrettable that you are offended by me calling you "buddy".

Are you saying the sources I cited are invalid and provide you with no education as to the "good and bad" of Metoformin or validate my point that Metformin is BAD for bodybuilding? I remind you, I made no suggestion that Metformin isnt a proper choice, in some cases, for Type-II diabetics..... heck, Tresiba is an even better choice. My points were that Metformin is counter productive to bodybuilding. You obviously missed that one.

You stated my comments were inaccurate. I proved otherwise and you obviously don't want to accept that. I didnt mean to set you off, but only to validate my claims.

You stated Ms. Nelson and Mr. Palumbo were "highly questionable" sources. I proved otherwise and you went a step further to imply they share some mental illness. That is just a ridiculous thing to say.

I believe it is you that requires further education and may I recommend you refine your social skills, as they are about as useful as a wet rag!

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 01:21:42 PM »
Okay... not-my-buddy! Its regrettable that you are offended by me calling you "buddy".

Are you saying the sources I cited are invalid and provide you with no education as to the "good and bad" of Metoformin or validate my point that Metformin is BAD for bodybuilding? I remind you, I made no suggestion that Metformin isnt a proper choice, in some cases, for Type-II diabetics..... heck, Tresiba is an even better choice. My points were that Metformin is counter productive to bodybuilding. You obviously missed that one.

You stated my comments were inaccurate. I proved otherwise and you obviously don't want to accept that. I didnt mean to set you off, but only to validate my claims.

You stated Ms. Nelson and Mr. Palumbo were "highly questionable" sources. I proved otherwise and you went a step further to imply they share some mental illness. That is just a ridiculous thing to say.

I believe it is you that requires further education and may I recommend you refine your social skills, as they are about as useful as a wet rag!

I'm not going to argue with you, whatever you say is fine, good luck.  ::)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »
old ladies in their 70's are on Metformin.  That's really not the look I'm going for... :-\
X