Author Topic: Porter Cottrell interview on the Bodybuilding Legends Podcast  (Read 6759 times)

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Porter Cottrell interview on the Bodybuilding Legends Podcast
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »
Wow, that last picture is awesome!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »
Porter had great build
Won his first 3 pro shows impressive,he tried to go heavy weight Wise and it ruined his look,his most muscular looked like a mini Gary strydom

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 07:48:21 AM »
Porter had great build
Won his first 3 pro shows impressive,he tried to go heavy weight Wise and it ruined his look,his most muscular looked like a mini Gary strydom

That's exactly what Porter said in the interview. He said the testosterone he started taking made his waist wider.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2018, 02:08:45 PM »
Excellent interview.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
Yes, because at my height 5'11 or so my natty weight would be 170.

If you could only ever achieve 170 pounds naturally as a bodybuilder at 5ft 11, you know nothing about training and nutrition my friend.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 07:58:33 AM »
Yes, because at my height 5'11 or so my natty weight would be 170.

You're comparing yourself to an elite bodybuilder?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 09:01:37 AM »
You're comparing yourself to an elite bodybuilder?
Elite??? Or average. He’s no RC.
T

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »
Elite??? Or average. He’s no RC.

top 6 at the olympia is elite

E
E

Big ronster

• Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »
 Great podcast John as usual, Good interview, too bad he completely lies about his drug use… I don’t mean to be one of these sour grape people who whines about this stuff, but he blatantly lies and says the “first time he ever used GH“ was in 93, right at the 1 hr and 1 minute mark,completely forgetting that he already admitted to using humatrope in 1990 for the drug tested did show at the 33:00 mark… He also claimed to have been completely natural for the drug tested show, yet “somehow“ tested positive… That just doesn’t happen if you’re not taking anything, or he had deca or a stanoz stuck in his fat cells, which he at least could’ve admitted... he just says “I’m not gonna lie to you“, way too many times…  there are people on this board who have consulted him for nutritional advice and he has recommended WAY higher levels then supposedly he ever took according to this podcast… He was also known to supply other pros with IGF in the early 90s when it first became available and no one could get it...Again, not trying to be one of those “all drugs” guys,  I think these podcasts are very refreshing because John does not ever press those guys about that… But when Porter willingly volunteers this information that is contradicting itself from other info in the same podcast, it makes you wonder…

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2018, 06:43:52 AM »
Great podcast John as usual, Good interview, too bad he completely lies about his drug use… I don’t mean to be one of these sour grape people who whines about this stuff, but he blatantly lies and says the “first time he ever used GH“ was in 93, right at the 1 hr and 1 minute mark,completely forgetting that he already admitted to using humatrope in 1990 for the drug tested did show at the 33:00 mark… He also claimed to have been completely natural for the drug tested show, yet “somehow“ tested positive… That just doesn’t happen if you’re not taking anything, or he had deca or a stanoz stuck in his fat cells, which he at least could’ve admitted... he just says “I’m not gonna lie to you“, way too many times…  there are people on this board who have consulted him for nutritional advice and he has recommended WAY higher levels then supposedly he ever took according to this podcast… He was also known to supply other pros with IGF in the early 90s when it first became available and no one could get it...Again, not trying to be one of those “all drugs” guys,  I think these podcasts are very refreshing because John does not ever press those guys about that… But when Porter willingly volunteers this information that is contradicting itself from other info in the same podcast, it makes you wonder…

Interesting, thanks for those comments. Yes, I don't like to press anyone about what drugs they used or what dosages they used because I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I just want to hear their side of the story and hear their memories from competing. I think bodybuilders in general play down the amount of drugs they used because they don't want anyone to think their physique is all drugs. They also trained very hard and ate correctly for years but the drugs are definitely a big factor as well.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2018, 08:03:23 AM »
Interesting, thanks for those comments. Yes, I don't like to press anyone about what drugs they used or what dosages they used because I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I just want to hear their side of the story and hear their memories from competing. I think bodybuilders in general play down the amount of drugs they used because they don't want anyone to think their physique is all drugs. They also trained very hard and ate correctly for years but the drugs are definitely a big factor as well.

John,

you just summed up why one can never trust a "pro".
this industry is so full of BS, it is amazing that despite this, some of us old timers still follow it

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2018, 08:23:00 AM »
A hugely professional and friendly guy.

Terrific physique.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »

Thanks for that,
I was considering listening to the interview
Only if he lies that much & cant remember what he said 30min previous
It’s likely a load of Baloonie he’s talking.

He did have a great physique when competing though.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
What dosages did he quote, haven't had time to see the interview yet.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
What dosages did he quote, haven't had time to see the interview yet.

Contest prep stack for very first MR Olympia:

150 mg Winstrol per week (50 mg M/W/F)
200 mg Masteron per week
Clenbuterol in last 6 weeks

First time used GH in 1994 Mr Olympia at 10IU per day.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
Contest prep stack for very first MR Olympia:

150 mg Winstrol per week (50 mg M/W/F)
200 mg Masteron per week
Clenbuterol in last 6 weeks

What about the humatrope usage in 1990 ?

1st time he used growth  ::)
Liar caught himself out.