Author Topic: Is it just me or is open bodybuilding dying before our eyes?  (Read 6543 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Is it just me or is open bodybuilding dying before our eyes?
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
We are both philosophers.

"I see" (and therefore I am) ;)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »
FORTRESS, It seems that the "following posts" are saying that the bodybuilding contest parts of the NPC sponsored events and the bodybuilding contest parts of the IFBB sponsored events are ether dieing or have already passed away .... but the other competitive contests that are held within NPC and/or IFBB sanctioned  events, such as each of the women's contests plus men's physique and men's classic, are alive and doing well enough to produce  the monetary income to financially support and carry the bodybuilding portions of the event.

If that is what  the "following posts" insinuate, I MIGHT agree but any possible competitive bodybuilding funeral will not occur while Jim Manion or his successor remain in office.

They will fight to keep it alive if necessary!

Death means "It exists no more", but competitive bodybuilding has a long life ahead of it.

At present and in line with some of the comments on this GetBig Board it appears that  ...  It just needs a "second opinion".

Of course it still exists. I’m not arguing that.

But its time as what it once was is long, long gone.

It’s essentially gone back underground ... and produces physiques dramatically worse than we’ve ever seen, overall.

Bodybuilding gym culture has all but vanished.

And the cat’s (regarding drug use) out of the bag, thanks to the internet.

I entered the scene in the ‘80s.

Hardcore bodybuilding, in generalized terms, is dead.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 12:24:10 PM »
OK, FORTRESS!

Thanks.

Interesting comments above and very little that I can disagree with.

Maybe this comment may be appropriate regarding the future of this bodybuilding contest 'thing" ....

"Bodybuilding contests as we witness them today .... Will continue throughout the future with all its 'deadness'!

But maybe we both agree entirely that there is nothing more boring than sitting through and watching a professional bodybuilding contest .... unless you are a good friend of one or more of the contestants.

Othewise I'd rather watch Marty's wet paint dry.

Thanks again, FORT, for your intelligent responses even though we may be in disagreement mode.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
OK, FORTRESS!

Thanks.

Interesting comments above and very little that I can disagree with.

Maybe this comment may be appropriate regarding the future of this bodybuilding contest 'thing" ....

"Bodybuilding contests as we witness them today .... Will continue throughout the future with all its 'deadness'!

But maybe we both agree entirely that there is nothing more boring than sitting through and watching a professional bodybuilding contest .... unless you are a good friend of one or more of the contestants.

Othewise I'd rather watch Marty's wet paint dry.

Thanks again, FORT, for your intelligent responses even though we may be in disagreement mode.

:)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
that is incorrect.
the winners gets more money, but collectively there is less $ given out. They used to award money to all that placed at the olympia.
The arnold has dried up funds as well, winner used to get a hummer + 100k

The NY pro is now a joke. zero prize money. I have stated before, that even natural pro shows give out $3k to the winner. DeAsha got a brass ring and a cheap plaque.

only the top 10 got money at the olympia, the early 2000's had 20+ contestants so more than half of the olympia competitors left with nothing

E
E