Author Topic: R.I.P Leon White AKA Vader  (Read 12403 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
R.I.P Leon White AKA Vader
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »
"Around a month ago my father was diagnosed with a severe case of Pneumonia," the tweet reads. "He fought extremely hard and clinically was making progress. Unfortunately, on Monday night his heart had enough and it was his time."

White played for the Los Angeles Rams in the Super Bowl before becoming a professional wrestler. He had successful stints in Japan, where he became Big Van Vader and first donned his iconic mask.

White would eventually make his way to WCW in America, becoming world champion. He then signed for WWE in 1996. His last match was in 2017 in Japan

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: R.I.P Leon White AKA Vader
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »
I know family members and patients with CHF.
The condition's got less to do with profession/career than lifestyle choices and genetics.

Based on what I know, Leon was living on borrowed time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:20:46 AM »
I'll never forget when Hansen accidently popped his eye out in Japan and Vader being tough continued the match and re-popped it back in  :o

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
I'll never forget when Hansen accidently popped his eye out in Japan and Vader being tough continued the match and re-popped it back in  :o

CLASSIC MOMENT!!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 11:42:16 PM »
He was diagnosed with heart failure a while ago so his time was certainly limited. I remember him appearing on Boy Meets World, and of course his wrestling.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »
He was diagnosed with heart failure a while ago so his time was certainly limited. I remember him appearing on Boy Meets World, and of course his wrestling.

I remember that too. That's when Corey had a date with Topanga, while he also agreed to be in Vader's corner.

That was a copy of what he saw on the Flintstones.

The last time I saw him when he beat up Heath Slater, as a bunch of other legends did on Raw.

His biggest WWF moment appears to be beating up Gorilla Monsoon and getting "suspended" (a cover so he could take time off for shoulder surgery, I believe). Turning him babyface was a horrible idea, especially since the WWF fed him to Kane and basically neutered him.

He's been called the most athletic big-man in the business.....THE MASTODON of the WWF, THE MAN THEY CALL VADER!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »
"Around a month ago my father was diagnosed with a severe case of Pneumonia," the tweet reads. "He fought extremely hard and clinically was making progress. Unfortunately, on Monday night his heart had enough and it was his time."

White played for the Los Angeles Rams in the Super Bowl before becoming a professional wrestler. He had successful stints in Japan, where he became Big Van Vader and first donned his iconic mask.

White would eventually make his way to WCW in America, becoming world champion. He then signed for WWE in 1996. His last match was in 2017 in Japan

Vader and Bigelow are the only two "big men" I know of that were able to do Moon Saults off the top rope. Unbelievable.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
Vader and Bigelow are the only two "big men" I know of that were able to do Moon Saults off the top rope. Unbelievable.

Hugh Morris

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 05:37:09 AM »
Hugh Morris
He was good but not 450lb or 350lbs like Vader and Bam Bam. Hugh did do a sick moonsault though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »
RAW moment for The Man They Call Vader:

This is where Vader started going south, but he really got this guy over!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 06:12:59 AM »
Vader's best days were in NJPW / AJPW and WCW. His little 2 year WWE run was a farce.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 04:42:44 PM »
Vader's best days were in NJPW / AJPW and WCW. His little 2 year WWE run was a farce.

His WWF run seemed a little "diluted."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »

His WWF run seemed a little "diluted."

According to Jim Cornette, Vader was supposed to beat Shawn Michaels for the WWF title at Survivor Series, after that controversial match at SummerSlam '96.

But, due to either Michaels' complaints about how stiff Vader was or (more likely) how over Psycho Sid became after replacing the Ultimate Warrior for "In Your House: International Incident", the WWF had a match between Vader and Sid at "In Your House: Buried Alive".

The winner got Michaels at Survivor Series for the belt. Sid beat Vader and later took the title from HBK.

Vader faded after that, despite beating the Undertaker at the 1997 Royal Rumble. He pretty much got buried once Kane got done with him.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
He was good but not 450lb or 350lbs like Vader and Bam Bam. Hugh did do a sick moonsault though.

I would say he was at least 300 or very close. But yeah Vader was bigger for sure.