Author Topic: Are you overthinking this??? ... Best way to build muscle...  (Read 3972 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Are you overthinking this??? ... Best way to build muscle...
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
When you have good genetics not much thought goes into getting big,  in shape, whatever. Sure you find what works best for you through trial and error. Tweak your diet, etc. But its guys trying all these diff training programs diets blah blah blah their genetics suck for most part. I go lift heavy I eat food and done no overthinking involved

It has taken me a lifetime, but I'm finally embracing my good genetics despite that it means I will never become legitimately huge. I'm a slim fellow, born of slim parents and grandparents. In fact, almost no one in my family is big. I wasted a lot of time trying to overcome my natural genetic makeup. Fortunately, I didn't sacrifice my good health doing this.

Tbomzisback!

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »
-Lift 1-3 days per week full body
-keep volume low
-focus on compounds
-6-8 rep range
-eat at or around maintanence calories, macros 40/30/30ish
-eat whole foods - lean meat, rice, potatos, oatmeal, fruit/vegs
-sleep 8 hours per night and drink plenty of water
-go for walks/jogs or play a sport for cardio

do this consistently for 3-4 years and you'll be at least 90% of your potential and you won't feel like you are on sone crazy regimine.

agreed  8)

If you're training that infrequently, why not just go full keto?

"losing weight" isnt a primary goal, but rather, functional strength.

Welcome back Taylor. As you can see, Getbig never changes which is unfortunate. Negativity, prejudice, hate and fear of the unknown remain at the core of many posts and their authors' beliefs.

It's great that you've found your weight training niche. You look healthy and reasonably fit. BTW, I think your glasses look great. I recently got my first pair of horned rimmed glasses and I really like them. 

Hahah getbig is getbig, I wouldnt expect it to be any different.

Cool glasses!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »
Cool glasses!

Thanks. They are available in several combinations and colors. I chose these because I thought the fake wood temples were fun. I would have preferred the fronts to be blue, but that combination was not available. Before these, my frames have been rather conservative.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
"losing weight" isnt a primary goal, but rather, functional strength.
I agree that functional strength is very important, but you should aim for 12% bodyfat or so.  You already have enough size and if you cut bodyfat your functional strength will improve quite a bit.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
You've come a long way Taylor!

Tbombz easily looks his best here

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
hire a good personal trainer to help you out - enough with the DYI bullshit

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »
bunny suit prostitute
now quite destitute
because too few polish guys called Janus
are showing their meat into his anus

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
id love to wrestle  him
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »
id love to wrestle  him

You wrestle? I thought that was reserved for the women in you life.  ;)

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2018, 01:32:13 AM »
Whats up Getbig. As some of you know, I used to be obsessed with bodybuilding. Tried all sorts of drugs, every diet and workout plan under the sun. Well, its been 4 years now since I last used any drugs, and for the most part of the past 4 years I have only trained once or twice a week, not very seriously, and only eaten one or two meals per day, usually just focusing on some sort of meat. I havent put much thought or effort into my body whatsoever. And over the years, I did lose quite a bit of muscle and strength, to the point where I was only dead lifting 225 for 8-10 reps and benching 185 for 1-3 reps. Well, a few months ago I began taking training more seriously. I consistently go every monday, no more no less, and when I do go I focus just on the big compound movements with heavy weight, very explosive reps. Otherwise my diet has stayed the same. And over the course of a couple months I am starting to build up some good strength and muscle mass. My shoulders arent anywhere near as wide as they were when I was on juice, but I am bench pressing nearly as much as I did back then. Now the question is, are you overthinking your training? I know I was back when I used to train. It seems obvious to me now. Lift heavy and explosive. At least, thats what works for me.

Well..two things:

1. Most of the people in the gym are overthinking their training, most of them with the brains which are complete useless for that task. It is more like over-planning than overthinking, they add this and that and all old, new and semi-new exercises in their training and end up with the training schedule which force them to train twice every day of the week.  
2. You still look like a retard..

For all so called natural bodybuilders: Fact is that all time you spend lifting weights, is out from your recovery. Smart split to three workouts, heavy lifting and lots of recovery is far better than lifting semi-hard every day/twice every day, 5 split etc. nonsense. Problem is that most of us doesn't know what heavy lifting means. They use moronic overloads and pitiful range of motion, and then they are disappointed because "it doesn't work". Well, it works only  if you have good form and full range of motion, so you have to learn these simple things. Too difficult? That's why there is so few muscular naturals..So what is lifting heavy? Something like this:

As you see, it doesn't mean moronic weights, but more like exhausting muscles completely by using natural range of motion and quality reps.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2018, 02:04:31 AM »
Heavy, explosive lifting is great but your body won't last too long doing it. I'd rather power through the weights in a smooth, controlled manner and keep going. The diet part is the key, the pre and post workout meal. Overcomplicated? Sure. If the magazines told you everything you needed, only 1 issue would be required. People need to make money.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2018, 12:08:51 PM »

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »
What are your best lifts now, Mr. President 2025?  And while I know about that bunny suit crap, do you really have AIDS or HIV?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »
Whats up Getbig. As some of you know, I used to be obsessed with bodybuilding. Tried all sorts of drugs, every diet and workout plan under the sun. Well, its been 4 years now since I last used any drugs, and for the most part of the past 4 years I have only trained once or twice a week, not very seriously, and only eaten one or two meals per day, usually just focusing on some sort of meat. I havent put much thought or effort into my body whatsoever. And over the years, I did lose quite a bit of muscle and strength, to the point where I was only dead lifting 225 for 8-10 reps and benching 185 for 1-3 reps. Well, a few months ago I began taking training more seriously. I consistently go every monday, no more no less, and when I do go I focus just on the big compound movements with heavy weight, very explosive reps. Otherwise my diet has stayed the same. And over the course of a couple months I am starting to build up some good strength and muscle mass. My shoulders arent anywhere near as wide as they were when I was on juice, but I am bench pressing nearly as much as I did back then. Now the question is, are you overthinking your training? I know I was back when I used to train. It seems obvious to me now. Lift heavy and explosive. At least, thats what works for me.

What's up TB. You have to remember one thing though, anything works after a layoff.

Gains look beyond linear but level off after the same stubborn routine, got to change it up and rethink when it stagnates.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2018, 03:12:39 PM »
It has taken me a lifetime, but I'm finally embracing my good genetics despite that it means I will never become legitimately huge. I'm a slim fellow, born of slim parents and grandparents. In fact, almost no one in my family is big. I wasted a lot of time trying to overcome my natural genetic makeup. Fortunately, I didn't sacrifice my good health doing this.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 03:57:59 PM »
l
o
l

always appropriate
always hilarious

Yes, isn't it. Any joke at someone else's expense is soooo funny. ::) How will you feel about being shut out when you're a senior.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
How to lose weight successfully:

1) Take a plane, or train, or drive to the East Coast/Atlantic Ocean.

2) Weigh yourself on an accurate scale.

2) Go to the shoreline and stand in the surf.

3) Face west.

4) Begin walking west.

5) Continue until you reach the Santa Monica Pier in California and walk to the end of it.

6) Do not eat on the way.  Drink water only.

7) Weigh yourself as soon as possible to see how much weight you have lost.  You will be amazed.