Author Topic: Don Long given 1 ½ years in prison for drug charges  (Read 14149 times)

gh2

• Getbig II
Re: Don Long given 1 ½ years in prison for drug charges
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 06:59:40 AM »
Its more of a diffrent focus in politics. Instead of punishing a person with a small quantity of drugs for personal use its shifted to helping people living better more productive lives. Getting contact with doctors etc. Alot of people involved in drugs stay away from making even minor health checks because they are afraid.

This thinking is based on what Portugal implemended with great succes in 2001.

Well it isn't implemented yet. Just 3 months ago a bunch of competitors were snitched upon to the police and where hauled in the night before the comp. I think 11 were busted using AAS and will receive fines and bans from competing for 2 years. I don't know which is worse though; the idiotic law or the pieces of human shit that have so low self esteem that they need to rat out other people to the police. The jealousy must be gnawing at their weak minded egos.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »
Well it isn't implemented yet. Just 3 months ago a bunch of competitors were snitched upon to the police and where hauled in the night before the comp. I think 11 were busted using AAS and will receive fines and bans from competing for 2 years. I don't know which is worse though; the idiotic law or the pieces of human shit that have so low self esteem that they need to rat out other people to the police. The jealousy must be gnawing at their weak minded egos.

Really? Are you talking Norway or the Us now? I thought roids where legal in Norway since always but I might be wrong. I hate rats nontheless!
MIRAGETROPIN

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 08:05:45 AM »
Hahahaha

What’s he going to do once he gets out? No money, no education, no skills, no brains

It depends whereas he is just Long, or Thick also.

Girth matters.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »
It depends whereas he is just Long, or Thick also.

Girth matters.

T

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »
What's stupid is that they are legalizing marijuana, a drug that keeps you dumbed down and eventually a paranoid lunatic but you can't take testosterone or derivatives of. Fucking lame.
Somebody thinks reefer madness is real ::)
A

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »
He should've never pursued bodybuilding and stayed a male stripper,  he never would have had to use the huge dosages of anabolics and diuretics.  He never would've fried his kidney and would be in a completely different life situation,  not to mention he never even was a top tier pro, never made significant prize money or endorsements, which is why he was selling steroids at such a late stage of his life.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 09:16:34 AM »
What's stupid is that they are legalizing marijuana, a drug that keeps you dumbed down and eventually a paranoid lunatic

is that what happened to you? how much did u smoke daily 4 25 years?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 09:27:03 AM »
that photoshoot his did with flex wheeler made it all worth it

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
that photoshoot his did with flex wheeler made it all worth it
;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 09:41:56 AM »
A professional bodybuilder has been sentenced in Florida to a year and a half in prison for illegally distributing anabolic steroids.

A federal judge on Monday handed down the sentence to 51-year-old Don Long in Jacksonville. The judge also sentenced Long's wife, Sarah, to a year of home confinement and gave his steroid supplier, Gregory Baker, a sentence of three years in federal prison.

U.S. District Judge ordered the Longs to forfeit $250,000 and Baker was ordered to forfeit more than $124,000 and five vehicles.

Prosecutors say the Longs supplied clients with steroids and human growth hormone as part of a training regimen for bodybuilding competitions.

Prosecutors say Baker imported the drugs from China.

The Longs pleaded guilty earlier this year and Baker entered a guilty plea last year.

http://www.tampabay.com/bodybuilder-given---years-in-prison-for-drug-charges-ap_floridadfc12f02ca67410b82a88a2f084b92e3

He got off pretty lightly....prob because he doesn't have all of his essential body parts.   He prob has some hidden assets in other countries that can't be touched as I doubt that they got everything of his.

I honestly don't like Don....I once was walking around an expo and he confronts me asking if I'm Vince Goodrum and then states that I was a piece of shit for some post on Getbig of a Mock Contest between Tom Princes Dialysis Machine and Don Long's Machine.   I told him that I didn't have anything to do with that thread but he just kept threatening to beat my ass so I just shrugged and walked away from him.   
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 09:46:36 AM »
Although I can't completely agree with the "paranoid lunitic" part ... I completely agree with the rest that Bindare said.

And I've been totally involved in all phases of the MJ business longer than the vast majority of you GetBiggers have been on this planet,

And I also believe that roids should be leglized but 'somehow' controlled so that they can only be sold by 'legal' entities and not some well known pro in the local gym. (Tough subject ... I know!)

And .. Do you think that pro body building contenders could ever be tested by some 'legal' government agency prior to a pro contest.

Or are US BB contenders protected bt the US Constitution in some way??

Dumb question! But maybe NOT!

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 09:57:08 AM »
if u tards dont think that cannabis has profound medical applications then you are wrong.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
VINCE, As 'popular' as you may be within the bodybuilding world, there are most likely many others who feel the same way as Don did/does about you.

I am NOT one of those persons, but you do offer a bit of controversy when it comes to this game and those within it and cause some 'dislike' as a result.

I've known Don for a good number of years and consider him to be a 'good guy' .... but of course most GetBiggers cannot consider 'good' and 'steroids' to be _______. (I cannot think of the word I want to use.  synominous???)

Anyway .... No intent to be offensive, Vince, but I am surprised to see t that you fail to realize that your admitted actions and/or adverse comments can be most offensive to others.

BUT ... I do believe you did the right thing and simply walked away.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
Here ae some questions I forgot to ask you more than knowledgeable GetBiggers"

1. Why Don Long when there are so many others?

2 Is the state of Florida tougher than most other states concerning the question of 'roids'.

3. Do you GetBiggers realize that the AMA (American Medical Association( recommended that steroid use  NOT be considered to be a felony but was the only legal association to do so. I don't believe that the IFBB had any say in the matter whatsoever.

4. And how many of you GetBiggers even know the background on how roids became a felony?

5. And the xacy number of steroid users/distributors suffered the consequencies with jail time as a result of that felony decision? Or who was even the first to be incarcerated?

6. And is there any valid  reason why there are not more prosecutions similar to he situation Don is in at present?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
is there any valid  reason why there are not more prosecutions similar to he situation Don is in at present?

Why Don Long when there are so many others?

lack of manpower, luck of the draw

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
if u tards dont think that cannabis has profound medical applications then you are wrong.
There has been some interesting findings regarding the lesser side effects, in comparison with typical anti-inflamatory drugs.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
If you go to a country where steroids and other prescription drugs are legal its an absolute non issue. Go to Thailand, Mexico, Greece,  and see how many local are buying steroids from the pharmacies. Its only when you restrict things creates this kind of demand for it, same goes with alcohol. America restricts alcohol until the age of 21, go to Spain or Italy, kids start drinking wine as early as 12, yet you dont have Dui's or AA and all this extreme consumption you see in America. Why is that?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »
VINCE, As 'popular' as you may be within the bodybuilding world, there are most likely many others who feel the same way as Don did/does about you.

I am NOT one of those persons, but you do offer a bit of controversy when it comes to this game and those within it and cause some 'dislike' as a result.

I've known Don for a good number of years and consider him to be a 'good guy' .... but of course most GetBiggers cannot consider 'good' and 'steroids' to be _______. (I cannot think of the word I want to use.  synominous???)

Anyway .... No intent to be offensive, Vince, but I am surprised to see t that you fail to realize that your admitted actions and/or adverse comments can be most offensive to others.

BUT ... I do believe you did the right thing and simply walked away.

You are quite correct on that.  A lot of people see me as the face of Getbig so they will confront me over postings...usually ones that have nothing to do with me.  King Kamali confronted me on a thread I wrote on Muscle Mayhem that he felt insulting and when I explained everything as to the reason I wrote it, he understood where I was coming from and we've been cool since.  Vince Taylor had gotten angry at me because of an article to wrote about Visalus Science and didn't speak to me for a few years until he cooled down although I did apologize to him for using his name as part of an article to sell Advocare products.

Ultimately, while some people at expo vent their anger at me...a lot of them respect me for using my name and not hiding behind a keyboard.  It is what it is
A

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »
If you go to a country where steroids and other prescription drugs are legal its an absolute non issue. Go to Thailand, Mexico, Greece,  and see how many local are buying steroids from the pharmacies. Its only when you restrict things creates this kind of demand for it, same goes with alcohol. America restricts alcohol until the age of 21, go to Spain or Italy, kids start drinking wine as early as 12, yet you dont have Dui's or AA and all this extreme consumption you see in America. Why is that?
Speaking of Italy I have to say Keto is right but honestly don't know the reasons, maybe it's just human nature : if something is prohibited it becomes a magnet.
North of Italy

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 11:35:19 AM »
There has been some interesting findings regarding the lesser side effects, in comparison with

any pharmaceutical drug. cannabis is a marvel... the number 1 plant

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
Speaking of Italy I have to say Keto is right but honestly don't know the reasons, maybe it's just human nature : if something is prohibited it becomes a magnet.
It's the same thing with nudity, Europe/South America they have thongs, topless women on variety shows, newspaper adds, tons of nude beaches, its not looked at as taboo and restricted. If you go to a town pool or waterpark in America and see a girl in a thong the place is in an uproar and all eyes are on this girl. Its the restriction aspect of it.

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »
Did he really go through 3 kidneys?

I knew a few people who had him to their training regiments and they swore they were Nattys.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

He got off pretty lightly....prob because he doesn't have all of his essential body parts.   He prob has some hidden assets in other countries that can't be touched as I doubt that they got everything of his.

I honestly don't like Don....I once was walking around an expo and he confronts me asking if I'm Vince Goodrum and then states that I was a piece of shit for some post on Getbig of a Mock Contest between Tom Princes Dialysis Machine and Don Long's Machine.   I told him that I didn't have anything to do with that thread but he just kept threatening to beat my ass so I just shrugged and walked away from him.  

I’m guessing it was this

Don Long has been cleared to compete in the Atlantic City show. He and his family have signed all the necessary waivers and taken the steps asked of them by the IFBB. This is official and he will be competing at the Atlantic City. Jim Manion and legal counsel Rick Collins gave the official word to Don on Wednesday. Larry Pepe gave more details about it on the first segment of muscleradio.com

Good luck in Atlantic City Don!

Hope there's a doctor and a kidney machine standing by........ :P

Thats in pretty bad taste man  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »
Hahahaha

What’s he going to do once he gets out? No money, no education, no skills, no brains
What he did originally, before becoming a bodybuilder.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2018, 02:09:06 PM »
Its more of a diffrent focus in politics. Instead of punishing a person with a small quantity of drugs for personal use its shifted to helping people living better more productive lives. Getting contact with doctors etc. Alot of people involved in drugs stay away from making even minor health checks because they are afraid.

This thinking is based on what Portugal implemended with great succes in 2001.
Hahahahaha.

I love the belief in this.

"Drug addicts Unite. We can live better more productive lives through addiction, self medicating and escapism, because Western Life is too boring, we have everything we want, except for purpose and meaning."