Author Topic: the body ideal  (Read 7809 times)

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
Re: the body ideal
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
"A study commissioned by Jacamo, a British menswear label reveals that when it comes to long-term dating 72 percent of women in the UK actually prefer men with the "boy next door" look as opposed luscious hulks. "

""While  men  state  that  a  woman's  ideal  man  would be made up of Justin Bieber's  hair,  Gerard  Butler's  chiselled face, Hugh Jackman's moviestar arms,  David  Gandy's  tight  abs  and Cristiano Ronaldo's smooth legs, the response  from  women  showed a contrasting view, set to be welcomed by men across the country.""

"The study suggests that as many as 62 percent of men in the UK are still persuaded that ladies would rather go for a man with "the gladiator look," and that many men suffer "pangs of anxiety when they fail to match up this image.""
There isn't much in that study to go by though.  What does "boy next door" mean in terms of physique?  Boy next door seems like it wouldn't be a dad bod.  Maybe it's just a guy with a little muscle but not too much.  Like Brad Pitt in fight club....or Sean William Scott in the Run Down. ??

I need this info so I can alter my training and maximize my results in clubs. 

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 03:05:09 PM »
There isn't much in that study to go by though.  What does "boy next door" mean in terms of physique?  Boy next door seems like it wouldn't be a dad bod.  Maybe it's just a guy with a little muscle but not too much.  Like Brad Pitt in fight club....or Sean William Scott in the Run Down. ??

I need this info so I can alter my training and maximize my results in clubs. 

it means the type of body displayed by rob lowe and justin bieber in this thread

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 12:28:25 AM »
Women like whatever they're told to like. They don't know the difference between a guy who juices and a natural who eats like Jesus. One day they'll like your eyebrows, the next they'll say they're over eyebrows and like butts instead. Overall, women care VERY little about looks - if they did, only models and athletes would get laid, not fat/ugly/bald/average men. Their brains basically shut off once you charm their stupidity off their faces and they quit looking at appearance.

As usual, money trumps everything, but not every guy has money yet they don't necessarily have issues getting women. It's basically how well you can lie to them.

This.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 02:06:59 AM »
what do you mean "this"

its an obvious bullshit post.

like what they're "told" to like? you cant TELL a woman what to like. thats like telling somebody to be gay or straight.

i dont know whats worst, people who post obvious shit that make no sense or people that quote the whole thing just to tell they agree with that shit.

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 03:17:25 AM »
The following photo are not real but they are my ideal bodies!  Very wide, very thick and very huge!  

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 03:53:58 AM »

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 04:34:30 AM »
Both those shitbags have look like average untrained physique. Women are generally very stupid and their opinion on anything physique related dhould be disregarded entirely

The problem with muscular bodies ( bodybuilders) is the stigma that comes with it , they only talk about training all day, measuring food , flexing in front of mirror etc. on the other hand , those two shitbags " are famous and successful plus good hair and decent facial features.   Take that in to account and Women are not that stupid. 

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 05:01:59 AM »
Once I was over 260, women told me in the gym that I was gross looking. But I do bodybuilding for myself. And 260 at 6'2" isn't freaky looking.

Everybody has an opinion.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
These things never end well, I remember Larry Scott almost killing a man for disparaging his physique -

damn - never seen that photo -

they like 6'2'' 180lbs with some abs, long limbs, nice face, good skin - pretty simple shit

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »
women claim that is their "ideal" as most women are self absorbed, narcissistic, jealous animals with low self esteem and insecurity issues. They would much rather have a man that no other women desire so they wont have to compete with them.
Interesting view. I have also met men with the same views, bragging about their hippopotamus wife. The truth is, she is the best they can do, because they have no game or money.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
what do you mean "this"

like what they're "told" to like? you cant TELL a woman what to like. thats like telling somebody to be gay or straight.

i dont know whats worst, people who post obvious shit that make no sense or people that quote the whole thing just to tell they agree with that shit.

What makes it a bullshit post? Women are social creatures who generally take their cues from society at large and the more specifically the other women around them. Do you honestly think this whole duck lip - fat arse trend would be as ridiculously popular as it is if it wasn't for social media or mainstream media pushing images that tell them this is a desirable look?

When Paris Hilton was everywhere a few years ago, how many young women held her up as the ideal? Paris Hilton is an ok looking woman, nothing more, but she had a tv show, was in magazines and being portrayed as the 'it' girl. At the uni I was teaching at then pretty much every young woman was copying her look.

All it takes is two women to agree on some guy who they think is attractive for whatever reason, and that guy will suddenly be attractive to a whole range of women. It might be his money, it might be his personality, it might be the way he looks - but there'll be a whole lot of subtle social programming underlying his attractive status.

Again - tell me why it's a bullshit post? Because I happen to agree with something you don't?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »
rob lowe, 1985.

not one single woman (or man) thought he needed more muscle, more definition, bigger arms, bigger chest, bigger legs or abs.

fast forward 30 years, here's justin bieber

nothing changed in 30 years. the ideal is still the same.

You should go back to lookism.com

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 12:34:43 AM »
what do you mean "this"

lol, how fucked in the head do these people have to be to settle for these kindergarden rationalizations as grown adults?

this thread is gold.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 12:46:46 AM »
same thing goes for women, too

very odd behavior for guys to worship instagram dolls

weight-lifting, tupperware-toting, hormone/plastic injections, favorite hobby is melting down over photos:

never lifted a weight in her life, capable of appearing in front of a video camera, too:

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 12:48:07 AM »
This thread was made by a guy who openly erotisizes morphed photos of men with GH bellies. If you think this is good thread, you're gayer than he is. Speaking of kindergarten, you into that stuff too? Sounds like it.

???

i think you mistook prince anabol for elvish

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 12:57:49 AM »
What makes it a bullshit post? Women are social creatures who generally take their cues from society at large and the more specifically the other women around them. Do you honestly think this whole duck lip - fat arse trend would be as ridiculously popular as it is if it wasn't for social media or mainstream media pushing images that tell them this is a desirable look?

When Paris Hilton was everywhere a few years ago, how many young women held her up as the ideal? Paris Hilton is an ok looking woman, nothing more, but she had a tv show, was in magazines and being portrayed as the 'it' girl. At the uni I was teaching at then pretty much every young woman was copying her look.

All it takes is two women to agree on some guy who they think is attractive for whatever reason, and that guy will suddenly be attractive to a whole range of women. It might be his money, it might be his personality, it might be the way he looks - but there'll be a whole lot of subtle social programming underlying his attractive status.

Again - tell me why it's a bullshit post? Because I happen to agree with something you don't?

fair enough, but surely social trends, fashion etc only is part of the answer, there's still a huge biological component as far as to what women are attracted to

james dean died in 1955 and yet, regardless of trends, he would still be considered hot today.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:27 AM »
This thread was made by a guy who openly eroticizes underwear photos of celebrity men. If you think this is good thread, you're gayer than he is. Speaking of kindergarten, you into that stuff too? Sounds like it.

well when talking about their bodies, it kinda make sense that they are not wearing a tracksuit in the photos

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 05:12:28 AM »
Soccer players with their runner's body do really well with the women so it's not muscles. I think fitness is a real attribute over the steroid build. Women ultimately want a man capable of taking care of her and her children financially. That's why you see so many good looking women with guys that look like they crawled out from under a bridge.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »
Sorry ... off track, but whatever happned to Sean William Scott who was mentioned someplace above?

I thought he deserved an Academy Award consideration for that tough guy role he played in that great Ice Hockey movie. (GOON)

After that he was seldom seen in a leading role.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »
Sorry ... off track, but whatever happned to Sean William Scott who was mentioned someplace above?

I thought he deserved an Academy Award consideration for that tough guy role he played in that great Ice Hockey movie. (GOON)

After that he was seldom seen in a leading role.

He's the new second lead in the Lethal Weapon tv show, he'll be taking over the Riggs role for that other actor no one liked.

He had a lot of trouble not being cast as a jock or party boy, so he was mainly doing voice over work and indie films for the last few years. He also had a rumored drinking problem that he had to get under control too.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 09:57:32 AM »
Both those shitbags have look like average untrained physique. Women are generally very stupid and their opinion on anything physique related should be disregarded entirely

In my experience this is pretty accurate. Heavily muscular guys appeal to a very small % of women in general. In order of importance to most women is a fit build with: abs, shoulders, moderately vascular and built arms, moderate sized pecs, and reasonably sized calves. No woman cares about massive quads, traps or lats.  Once a guy goes on the gas you can predict the disgust 99% of women will exhibit.

Guys lift to look impressive to other guys - a simple fact. It's the alpha male syndrome.

And btw, women typically dress and stay in shape to get admiration and compliments from other women. Went out for a while with a women who had modeled and was about a 10/10 in looks. She told me that when another woman commented on how she dressed or looked she felt flattered. When a guy said the same thing thing she said she gets that all the time and it means little!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
All the women I know, both young and old, seem to want a man that keeps relatively low bodyfat levels, high vascularity (yes, veins that show throughout forearms and calfs etc) and a moderate level of muscle.

IFBB pros are out of the question. Powerlifters are also not in contention.

Ryan Reynolds is one guy that always comes into conversation. Women like guys like him. Guys that can look great in a suit or tux, can be business casual, can wear a pair of jeans with a T-shirt or even walk around topless and still appears to be in great shape. No bloat, just a healthy look.

At a pool, beach or gym, no one will see him as small and weak. More importantly, he keeps bodyfat levels low enough that his facial features aren't distorted by excess fat or bloat from water weight.

"1"

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:40 AM »
BB, Thanks!

Do you feel like I do about his acting role in GOON?

I thought he did an Academy Award job in that film even though I have never seen him in a major picture role before.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
Ideal is subjective.
Genetics want you to be a fat.
Fashion wants you to be anorexic twinkie.
Movies want you to be ripped or 10 pounds under weight.
Health mags want you to be a roidhead in contest shape.
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »
Ideal is subjective.
Genetics want you to be a fat.
Fashion wants you to be anorexic twinkie.
Movies want you to be ripped or 10 pounds under weight.
Health mags want you to be a roidhead in contest shape.

But what does MELVIN want?
Q