Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 67416 times)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2018, 02:36:33 AM »
So desperate to mask your insecurities. So now it's not about taste but it's a drug. A Big Mac is now a drug.

There is nothing about me to even remotely suggest that I feel inferior because of my social status. My history on this board shows unequivocally that I feel vastly blessed and grateful for the life that I have here in Hawaii. It is you that is trying to impress us with your superior status, taste, and culture.

Why don't you tell us where you live? What culture do you come from that bred such class and distinction? That has plenty of good restaurants. You think the U.S. has a dearth of such highfalutin eateries -- lol. If your country is so great why are you here? Isn't there a bbing board you can troll there and be more with your kind instead of us ugly, uncouth Americans. 

I live in Paris, I've been on this site for a while and I just come here once in a while (you probably don't remember you calling me an antisemite and having to apologize after as you couldn't find any evidence of that).
Have nothing against Americans, I always hung out even here with a lot of English speaking folks, American or else.
i'm actually "dating" a girl who lives in NYC.
I just happen to love food and wines and this has probably nothing to do with living in Paris, it's just a question of curiosity and inclination. There's plenty of people who live here and have no passion for it.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2018, 03:25:59 AM »
I live in Paris, I've been on this site for a while and I just come here once in a while (you probably don't remember you calling me an antisemite and having to apologize after as you couldn't find any evidence of that).
Have nothing against Americans, I always hung out even here with a lot of English speaking folks, American or else.
i'm actually "dating" a girl who lives in NYC.
I just happen to love food and wines and this has probably nothing to do with living in Paris, it's just a question of curiosity and inclination. There's plenty of people who live here and have no passion for it.

Yes, I do remember calling someone an anti-Semite and I withdrew that accusation and apologized not because I couldn't find any evidence. I simply took your word for it. If you told me it wasn't you then that was good enough for me and I had obviously mistaken you for someone else.  When I am wrong I freely and enthusiastically admit it. That's far more of an indication of class and honor than whether or not I eat Big Macs.

But you are in France. Well, now it all makes sense. And you call me a pussy.

Allahu Akbar!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2018, 03:32:29 AM »
Yes, I do remember calling someone an anti-Semite and I withdrew that accusation and apologized not because I couldn't find any evidence. I simply took your word for it. If you told me it wasn't you then that was good enough for me and I had obviously mistaken you for someone else.  When I am wrong I freely and enthusiastically admit it. That's far more of an indication of class and honor than whether or not I eat Big Macs.

But you are in France. Well, now it all makes sense. And you call me a pussy.

Allahu Akbar!

I'm not disputing that. I can respect people with totally different opinions than mine. But I won't stop arguing with them. I also can have no sympathy for people who share the same interest as I do. You can't break down intellectual integrity just to opinions, ideas. And so your location is an indication of whether or not you're a pussy? There's some deep logic at work there.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2018, 05:06:07 AM »
I'm not disputing that. I can respect people with totally different opinions than mine. But I won't stop arguing with them. I also can have no sympathy for people who share the same interest as I do. You can't break down intellectual integrity just to opinions, ideas. And so your location is an indication of whether or not you're a pussy? There's some deep logic at work there.

A shame France is collapsing because they have given the world some great food. But thanks to good old American know how I can have my own little bit of France right here in Hawaii. Mcd's makes a great AUTHENTIC FRENCH croissant. Comes with the real French butter and everything. Here's how they describe it:

"This authentic croissant is made with real French butter. This flaky treat is a great complement to your Cappuccino."

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2018, 05:14:26 AM »
A shame France is collapsing because they have given the world some great food. But thanks to good old American know how I can have my own little bit of France right here in Hawaii. Mcd's makes a great AUTHENTIC FRENCH croissant. Comes with the real French butter and everything. Here's how they describe it:

"This authentic croissant is made with real French butter. This flaky treat is a great complement to your Cappuccino."

Enjoy. A good croissant is great, though you still have to be reasonable as it's basically butter and butter. France is not doing good but people tend to exaggerate. Of course, I'm not living anywhere near the worst places and I'm pretty privileged in that sense. But I don't think French culture will just collapse. There will always be people who understand the legacy there generations have handed to them and will keep that spirit alive somehow, even if it's no longer the mainstream.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »
People arguing about McDonalds food on the webz, hilarious.  8)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
This 2004 documentary is a stinging indictment of McDonald’s.  This guy ate only McDonald’s food for 30 days and his bloodwork went to shit.

Kwon3

« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
This 2004 documentary is a stinging indictment of McDonald’s.  This guy ate only McDonald’s food for 30 days and his bloodwork went to shit.
That's because his body wasn't used to that type of food. His then-vegan cook wife had made all his food before he chose to eat fast food 3 times a day.

You can tell he wasn't a McDonald's customer because he vomited after his first meal, like a total pussy. Eat a stick of butter every day and you'll probably end up in the hospital, too, so I never understood the point of his film. It made me go to McDonald's that very day, actually. Morgan was the equivalent of a never-smoker going through three packs of cigs a day - of course it fucked him up. I know people who eat McDonald's 4-5 times a week and they're all doing OK.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #333 on: August 14, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »
Getbiggers only dine at the finest restaurants known to man.

They surround themselves with expensive food and wine, as they watch reruns of Spobgebob Square Pants.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
This 2004 documentary is a stinging indictment of McDonald’s.  This guy ate only McDonald’s food for 30 days and his bloodwork went to shit.

Then there was the documentary "Down Size Me" which showed just the opposite. The guy lost weight and got in better shape.

It's just three macros, brah; fats, carbs, protein. It's how you combine them and mostly how much you consume.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »
MCD is the best fast food peroid

good decaf coffee - awesome playpens , breakfast tastes awesome hung over

chicken mcnuggets - best tasting
fries - the fucking best
simple cheeseburger with the yellow wrapping = epic - so simple so small

if you want a fancy burger/fries go to legit steakhouse

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
MCD is the best fast food peroid

good decaf coffee - awesome playpens , breakfast tastes awesome hung over

chicken mcnuggets - best tasting
fries - the fucking best
simple cheeseburger with the yellow wrapping = epic - so simple so small

if you want a fancy burger/fries go to legit steakhouse

Wendy’s or Arby’s or Chik Fil A or Steak and Shake > McDonalds
X

Kwon3

« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »
Wendy’s or Arby’s or Chik Fil A or Steak and Shake > McDonalds
And they're twice the price, have far fewer locations (or none, depending on where you live), and don't have the same convenient options for order, like doing so from your phone and picking it up at the counter or ordering from a touchscreen computer.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
And they're twice the price, have far fewer locations (or none, depending on where you live), and don't have the same convenient options for order, like doing so from your phone and picking it up at the counter or ordering from a touchscreen computer.

A number 2 at McDonald’s costs about 8 bucks.

Can you show me what meal on the Arby’s menu cost 16 dollars?

Further, Tres never said anything about location, prices or convenience. Those were variables you just added in.

I’m simply going by taste and quality.
X

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
i rememeber all EVMS EXTRA VALUE MEALS WERE $2.99 at one time

what does one cost now?

Kwon3

« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Further, Tres never said anything about location, prices or convenience. Those were variables you just added in.

I’m simply going by taste and quality.
But you didn't say those were your metrics. You just used the mathematical symbol for something greater than something else.

A number 2 at McDonald’s costs about 8 bucks.

Can you show me what meal on the Arby’s menu cost 16 dollars?

Yep. Just add sides and a desert and upsize your fries and drink, and you're pushing $15. Not to mention, unlike McDonald's, they don't have a dollar menu. You can order a meal from McDonald's that comes out to less than $4.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2018, 06:57:33 PM »
But you didn't say those were your metrics. You just used the mathematical symbol for something greater than something else.

Yep. Just add sides and a desert and upsize your fries and drink, and you're pushing $15. Not to mention, unlike McDonald's, they don't have a dollar menu. You can order a meal from McDonald's that comes out to less than $4.

The most expensive Arby’s meal including sandwich, drink and fries is 8.39.

About the same price as McDonald’s most expensive meal.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »
The most expensive Arby’s meal including sandwich, drink and fries is 8.39.

About the same price as McDonald’s most expensive meal.
Yeah, but I said upsize your meal and add a desert and the price goes up. Therefore, it can easily be $15 to eat a full meal with a dessert and larger portions, which is in fact double the price of a McDonald's meal with the same add-ons. Think about it, McDonald's has some meals for $5-$6, so adding a sundae and supersizing your fries and drink would make that about $7.50, half the amount.

You can find the full price list here.

https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/arbys-prices/

And, like I said, they have no dollar menu. There's no way to buy five sandwiches at Arby's anywhere on the menu and keep it under $10. You certainly can do that at McDonald's.

Therefore, since the business model of fast food is speed rather than quality (that's more a dine-in restaurant thing, as mentioned by another poster), McDonald's is currently far in the lead in terms of revenue and stores worldwide.

McDonald's: 35000 stores
Arby's: 3342 stores

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2018, 07:16:29 PM »
Yeah, but I said upsize your meal and add a desert and the price goes up. Therefore, it can easily be $15 to eat a full meal with a dessert and larger portions, which is in fact double the price of a McDonald's meal with the same add-ons. Think about it, McDonald's has some meals for $5-$6, so adding a sundae and supersizing your fries and drink would make that about $7.50, half the amount.

You can find the full price list here.

https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/arbys-prices/

And, like I said, they have no dollar menu. There's no way to buy five sandwiches at Arby's anywhere on the menu and keep it under $10. You certainly can do that at McDonald's.

Therefore, since the business model of fast food is speed rather than quality (that's more a dine-in restaurant thing, as mentioned by another poster), McDonald's is currently far in the lead in terms of revenue and stores worldwide.

McDonald's: 35000 stores
Arby's: 3342 stores

But I don’t upsize or get dessert.

As such, I spend roughly 8-9 dollars on an Arby’s meal which is not double the price of most McDonalds meals, as I originally stated. I’m getting better quality food for roughly the same price.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2018, 07:17:08 PM »
But I don’t upsize or get dessert.

As such, I spend roughly 8-9 dollars on an Arby’s meal which is not double the price of most McDonalds meals, as I originally stated. I’m getting better quality food for roughly the same price.
What if you're in England or Spain?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »
What if you're in England or Spain?

I ordered an Arby’s meal (about 8 dollars) about 4 weeks ago, then a few weeks later I ordered a McDonalds meal (about 6-7 dollars). I think I maybe paid 1-2 dollars more at Arby’s. How is that double the price?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

X

Kwon3

« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »
I ordered an Arby’s meal (about 8 dollars) about 4 weeks ago, then a few weeks later I ordered a McDonalds meal (about 6-7 dollars). I think I maybe paid 1-2 dollars more at Arby’s. How is that double the price?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Like I said, you picked meals that were on the top-end of the menu. There's $5-6 meals and $8-9 meals at both places. The difference is at Arby's that's as low as they go, while at the other place there's full meals that can cost no more than $3-$4, making some of the Arby's meals twice the price even WITHOUT the add-ons, since you have a small stomach.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
Like I said, you picked meals that were on the top-end of the menu. There's $5-6 meals and $8-9 meals at both places. The difference is at Arby's that's as low as they go, while at the other place there's full meals that can cost no more than $3-$4, making some of the Arby's meals twice the price even WITHOUT the add-ons, since you have a small stomach.

the lowest Arby’s meal are around 6-7 dollars, which is only a 1-2 dollar difference when compared to the 5-6 meals.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2018, 07:36:47 PM »

the lowest Arby’s meal are around 6-7 dollars, which is only a 1-2 dollar difference when compared to the 5-6 meals.
1 double cheeseburger
1 small fry
1 small drink
Total: $4.84 (CA)

https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/mcdonalds-prices/

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2018, 10:50:16 PM »
What's wrong with you Luddites? Use that phone you always have in your hand anyway. They're begging you to order from your phone. All the sandwiches, except the Signature brand, are just a dollar. Big Macs, QP w/cheese, Artesian Chicken Breast..., all the stuff I order anyway.

I never spend over $5 for a meal and it's usually under $4 because I just get a sandwich and fries. This order was almost $5 because I splurged and ordered a couple of apple pies. New PR on the Hammer leg press so I felt I deserved it.

In the locker room when I get my stuff, before I head out I send in my order using their app. By the time I get there it almost ready. I have just enough time to get my table, some extra napkins, ice water, and sanitize my hands with the wipes they provide.

NO STANDING IN LINE! NO WAITING! Right when I got my phone set up on Twitter I didn't even get a chance to sit down before my order was called out.

Another bonus: Every time you order using their app you get entered into a contest to win free McDonald's for life! Dear God! Now that's a dream come true!

One Artesian Chicken sandwich, one small fries (but they always give me a medium and just tell me that's what they do for phone orders) and two pipping hot apples pies. Then there's the filtered ice water, sanitary wipes, clean tables and bathrooms... I'm in hog heaven!