Author Topic: Steve Reeves at his biggest  (Read 20610 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Steve Reeves at his biggest
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
one of his last covers at age 57.
F

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2018, 08:44:08 AM »
one of his last covers at age 57.

Looked great for 57. still think he juiced & was BI

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »
Looked great for 57. still think he juiced & was BI

So he juiced in the 40's, 50's, 60', 70's and 80's. That's how long he was built. He had a better build than almost everyone on this board when he was 15.  He was built in the military during World War II.  Was he juicing in the war?  His physique only went south when his health failed. He competed before the first anabolic steroid was made. Yes, testosterone was available but who would have known in the bodybuilding world to inject it?  I think fans and users of steroids can't believe anyone can be muscular with drugs because they can't do it. Reeves was about 6'1" and 215lbs. That is not huge. He will be talked about long after Health is forgotten. 

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
So he juiced in the 40's, 50's, 60', 70's and 80's. That's how long he was built. He had a better build than almost everyone on this board when he was 15.  He was built in the military during World War II.  Was he juicing in the war?  His physique only went south when his health failed. He competed before the first anabolic steroid was made. Yes, testosterone was available but who would have known in the bodybuilding world to inject it?  I think fans and users of steroids can't believe anyone can be muscular with drugs because they can't do it. Reeves was about 6'1" and 215lbs. That is not huge. He will be talked about long after Health is forgotten. 

But was he BI? he used Test.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »
But was he BI? he used Test.

lol- that idea of bisexuality has taken hold of you.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »

Arnold was nearly 6 ft 2 (187 cm) in his prime and off gear weighed about 210 lbs or 95 kilos

Perhaps Reeves his weight was a bit exaggerated, so maybe he was also around 210 lbs

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
 :D
F

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »
I’ll take the word of a (storied) man who routinely hung and lifted with these men. But thanks.

did kennedy, a gay man... who spent a lot of time with reeves, also a gay man... have any gay stories about reeves?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
Why does every single thread on GetBig become "gay-themed" ? WTF?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »

cant speak 4 'every thread', but when the thread is specifically about a phaggot... well

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2018, 03:48:19 PM »
did kennedy, a gay man... who spent a lot of time with reeves, also a gay man... have any gay stories about reeves?

Bob was absolutely not gay. The man was as hot for tits and pussy as any I’ve ever encountered. Now, his fashion sense was a little ... unique ... LOL

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2018, 03:50:34 PM »
Bob was absolutely not gay.

did he ever mention anything about reeves, tho?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »

U A COMPLETE MORON ..................

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
did he ever mention anything about reeves, tho?

Ask your allah ..................

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
Facially Reeves resemble my buddy Kevin perod

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2018, 01:20:42 AM »

It was very Gay in them Days.. :D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2018, 02:27:20 PM »
BEVO, What ever did happen to Kevin?

The last time I saw him was while he was working one of the booths for a major suppliment company at the Oly Expo ...maybe two to two three years back ..... and I did mention to him that he was better than Reeves when Reeves was at his best at the time when he (Perod) received that sword as the winner of one of the regional NPC contests in Tx.

If I recall right Kevin was the owner of a thriving auto detail business down Texas way.

Is he still competng or at least still   training hard?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
Steve Reeves was heterosexual.  Women LOVED him.  The man was handsome and built like no one before or since (Jim Haislop came close).  Just because you hang out with your friends who are, like you, male, doesn't mean you're homosexual.  I really don't know many guys that hang out predominately with women.

Okay.  I don't know of any that do so.  ;D  And Reeves was married three times in his life.

straight as straight can be

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »
Steve's size with that level of conditioning is absolutely attainable drug free. His structure,muscle shape,proportions and symmetry combined with handsome face is what made him the legend that he is,not that he was unbelievably huge/ripped. This+the lack of evidence steroids were used in his era makes his natural status pretty believable to me.

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2018, 02:56:45 PM »
BEVO, Thanks ... and YES, I've have personally experienced and seen most and met most of the individuals and events that have been mevtioned on this GetBig Board with the exception of feet in paper bags and some damn ice-machine in the Mirage.

I first met Reeves around the age of six (my dad knew him well) and  I continued to run into Steve during various parts of my lifetime and had the pleasure to work with him and his wife a few years before he passed away.

And I  have met or worked with some of Steve's good friends and associates  ... noteably George Eifferman and a handful of other old-timers most of  whom you have never heard of but actually were the pioneers of this fitness, bodybuilding, supplement industry.

As we all grow older, we will most definitely claim that the earlier decades of our lifetime were better than the present .... and that is DEFINITELY TRUE when I remenis about my own personal lifetime experence.

And as your own years pass you by, I am positive that you will definitely agree!

I just hope you live long enough to agree.

Thanks for that.

Reeves was definitely on something, even if it was certain drugs such as cocaine to cut. Way too lean and big for a natural, especially at his height. A definitive 3d look to him attained by some sort of substance. Not that I'm knocking the dude, he was the definition of aesthetics, but if you don't think he was using substances then you are mistaken.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
The people who believe Steve Reeves was on gear must have never had their own good physiques, so they claim anyone who is superior to them are on drugs. Losers!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2018, 04:23:16 PM »
Thanks for that.

Reeves was definitely on something, even if it was certain drugs such as cocaine to cut. Way too lean and big for a natural, especially at his height. A definitive 3d look to him attained by some sort of substance. Not that I'm knocking the dude, he was the definition of aesthetics, but if you don't think he was using substances then you are mistaken.

Anyone can think something but to actually know the truth is entirely different.  Reeves never looked like he was on even testosterone.  He was what everyone wishes they could be, the much storied "God's gift to women everywhere" as well as an inspirational figure to young men the world over.

People want to believe that something unattainble by everyone is impossible.  I suppose Reeves just said, "Impossible?  Nah...I'm possible" and went to work developing himself to his potential.

Aesop wrote of this form of jealousy.  I suggest reading the fable of the fox and the grapes.    I will never look as good but that doesn't mean someone didn't.  That someone was Steve Reeves.

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »
Anyone can think something but to actually know the truth is entirely different.  Reeves never looked like he was on even testosterone.  He was what everyone wishes they could be, the much storied "God's gift to women everywhere" as well as an inspirational figure to young men the world over.

People want to believe that something unattainble by everyone is impossible.  I suppose Reeves just said, "Impossible?  Nah...I'm possible" and went to work developing himself to his potential.

Aesop wrote of this form of jealousy.  I suggest reading the fable of the fox and the grapes.    I will never look as good but that doesn't mean someone didn't.  That someone was Steve Reeves.

So what does someone on testosterone look like? Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the dude was using any form of substance as I stated, cocaine being a great substance used to cut, even most likely used by the OG bodybuilder Eugene Sandow. There is no "genetics" factor to bodybuilding you either roid and get big or stay natty and be small, it's really that simple. Steve Reeves was on things, what, I don't know but in an era where bodybuilding was barely a thing and they didn't even have a proper working out method or any idea of eating right he had to be on something, whether drugs or steroids or both.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2018, 04:39:09 PM »
cocaine to cut

probably got coked out 4 his homo activities as well lol

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »
So what does someone on testosterone look like? Sorry to burst your bubble man, but the dude was using any form of substance as I stated, cocaine being a great substance used to cut, even most likely used by the OG bodybuilder Eugene Sandow. There is no "genetics" factor to bodybuilding you either roid and get big or stay natty and be small, it's really that simple. Steve Reeves was on things, what, I don't know but in an era where bodybuilding was barely a thing and they didn't even have a proper working out method or any idea of eating right he had to be on something, whether drugs or steroids or both.

Um...I don't have a bubble to burst.  I've been around too long and seen enough 'roided out pigs to know what they look like.  On top of all that, there is no evidence except for hearsay and the random "testimony" of those that did take them and wish to divert the truth of their physiques away and on to Reeves.  Example?   I do recall it being reported by Sergio Oliva that he took steroids with Reeves.  LOL!

As stated elsewhere, Reeves was well built at 16 and continued to improve over the years.  Not instantly, but over the years.  Reeves was also tall and a person that takes steroids prior to reaching puberty tends to be shorter than average because the onslaught of testosterone in a human male signals the body that maturity has been reach and the epiphyseal plates seal.  Reeves was 6' 1".  Just look at the average dope builder of today and most are much, much shorter.  And dumber.  ;D

You can choose to believe what you want but that does not make it so.   ;) ;D