Author Topic: Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President  (Read 2579 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
Since no Trumptard has bothered to post this maybe it's possible you haven't seen it (no idea if Faux News has covered it or not)

Architect of bin Laden raid issues stunning rebuke of Trump

Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

In an op-ed published by the Washington Post, McRaven, a former Navy SEAL who led US Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, not only called Brennan "a man of unparalleled integrity," but volunteered to have his own security clearance revoked in an act of solidarity.  "Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote. "Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.

His comments come just one day after Trump announced his decision to revoke Brennan's security clearance, marking an unprecedented use of a president's authority over the classification system to strike back at one of his prominent critics.

"This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent," Brennan tweeted after the announcement.

McRaven, who resigned as chancellor of the University of Texas in Austin earlier this year, is widely respected among the tens of thousands of active and retired special operators and his message will likely resonate within that community.
"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven said of Trump.

"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be," he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/revoke-my-security-clearance-too-mr-president/2018/08/16/8b149b02-a178-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5ba9055e1494

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »
Since no Trumptard has bothered to post this maybe it's possible you haven't seen it (no idea if Faux News has covered it or not)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/revoke-my-security-clearance-too-mr-president/2018/08/16/8b149b02-a178-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5ba9055e1494
Hadn't seen it, but so? Sounds to me like he probably has a shady past involved with Brennan. It's another opinion piece, again. Good for him expressing his opinion, yay! ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
Didn't this loser revoke Paronto, etc. from Benghazi clearance?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
Hadn't seen it, but so? Sounds to me like he probably has a shady past involved with Brennan. It's another opinion piece, again. Good for him expressing his opinion, yay! ::)

Haven't seen this ?

Why am I not surprised.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:42:17 PM »
Haven't seen this ?

Why am I not surprised.

You shouldn't be surprised, I don't live for Trump news 24/7 like you do, I just check for your posts on getbig. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
You shouldn't be surprised, I don't live for Trump news 24/7 like you do, I just check for your posts on getbig. :-*

I do my best to ignore most news about the pussy snowflake in the White House.
The Brennan story and the aftermath we're kind of hard to miss.
Pretty pathetic that you rely on this board for your news. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »

Until you use your security clearance to sell top secret information to the media in an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president.....dipshit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:23 PM »

You ignore everything. See you next week

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 10:38:14 PM »
Strawman bailed again

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 02:48:00 AM »
At the end of the day, the establishment candidate lost an election with the deck stacked in her favor. What followed, has been the most pathetic display of sore losing and whining in the history of the planet.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 05:58:20 AM »
Donny!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
Bin Laden Raid ??.........yet another fake act by the Gay Muslim Hussein.  Bin Laden was killed before that.
K

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
Read somewhere there are over a million people with a top secret security clearance.

Too many.

Do you think a few are spies?

You are not allowed to EVER reveal the classified secrets you know or knew, even if you are no longer in your position.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
At the end of the day, the establishment candidate lost an election with the deck stacked in her favor. What followed, has been the most pathetic display of sore losing and whining in the history of the planet.
This should be put on millions of flyers and dropped out of planes over big cities around the country. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »
You seemed to have done your best to ignore this as well.... :D

Kris Paronto
@KrisParonto

My principles are greater than clearances too John, especially when you and the @CIA kool-aid drinkers punished us for not going along with the Benghazi cover-up story in order to protect you, @HillaryClinton ‘s & @BarackObama ‘s failures. You put your politics before us.

John O. Brennan

@JohnBrennan

This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics.  It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent.
https://
twitter.com/NBCNews/status
/1029803310444892162

4:05 PM - Aug 16, 2018

BTW, his freedom of speech hasn't been suppressed, he's all over the place whining about it. ::) ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 12:04:14 PM »
You ignore everything. See you next week

As of late, just like clockwork

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »
In the era of endless leaking, profiteering, blackmail, etc...nobody should have endless clearance. Seems like common sense. I was surprised to find out they let people not actively employed by the govt keep clearance.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »
In the era of endless leaking, profiteering, blackmail, etc...nobody should have endless clearance. Seems like common sense. I was surprised to find out they let people not actively employed by the govt keep clearance.

The rationale I have heard from the liberal media who have been using this is yet another reason to attack Trump is that, an ex CIA director would need this clearance because he’s occasionally called in to provide information. That said, I don’t see why they couldn’t provide him with a temporary clearance when this is  necessary.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »
This is the swamp.  People that get top secret access for life and use it to enrich themselves.  Cut it off.  This needs to stop.