Author Topic: 2018 Olympia - Phil Heath - Should he have won?  (Read 4686 times)

TheOne

• Getbig III
Re: 2018 Olympia - Phil Heath - Should he have won?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »
I know I know, I just wanted to use a line from Rocky IV

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 04:08:33 AM »
Truth be told perhaps Flex Lewis could also have beaten Phil this year. Maybe even Shawn!

Look at the striations in his glutes! No homo, of course.

Phil’s back double bi smokes Flex Lewis’. Lewis looks great from the front, though.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »
Agreed. I personally had him 4th but knew that wouldn’t have happened
Yeah,Bonac could've been ahead of him too(in addition to Roelly).

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
Re: Phil Heath
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
I am starting to feel a bit sorry for him now.
Why exactly? Because he has plenty of Olympia titles already (7) and failed to win N:8,while at the same time all the rest in the line up(except for Dexter) don't have a single one? Phil is actually enjoying denying these guys the chance to win the title,he brands himself as #dreamkiller so I don't feel sorry for him now when his dream to match the record was killed. I would've rather feel sorry for Shawn if the judges didn't give him the title he rightfully won.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 03:24:24 PM »
Phil’s back double bi smokes Flex Lewis’. Lewis looks great from the front, though.
Lewis looks great from every angle.Can't say the same for Phil.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
Why exactly? Because he has plenty of Olympia titles already (7) and failed to win N:8,while at the same time all the rest in the line up(except for Dexter) don't have a single one? Phil is actually enjoying denying these guys the chance to win the title,he brands himself as #dreamkiller so I don't feel sorry for him now when his dream to match the record was killed. I would've rather feel sorry for Shawn if the judges didn't give him the title he rightfully won.
No not for losing. I think Shawn deserved to win. I feel a little sorry for him because of how people are in the industry and all these threads. I know how it feels to lose and with social media it would be much worse.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
No not for losing. I think Shawn deserved to win. I feel a little sorry for him because of how people are in the industry and all these threads. I know how it feels to lose and with social media it would be much worse.
Well,if he was less of a douche things could've been different. No one hates Flex Lewis.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »
Phil brings the hate on himself
He should’ve retired after the gift of 1st place last year.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
I wonder what the backlash would have been if they gave him another gift.

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
Phil was huffing and puffing on stage as if he was experiencing agonal breathing before death.
Also, being a whopping 24" wide didnt help either

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
Well,if he was less of a douche things could've been different. No one hates Flex Lewis.
You are right.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
Flex Lewis can be the first to win both open and 212 Olympia’s

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »

Phil’s back smokes Shawn’s too and look at the results

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 04:51:40 PM »
Toney smokes Shawn

Kwon3

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »
Toney smokes Shawn

He does? I don't see any area of Toney's body that Trumps Shawn's, other than its length (he was 4" taller). Maybe arms, but Rhoden's were a lot bigger and sharper in 2018. Shawn's waist is way smaller also.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »
He does? I don't see any area of Toney's body that Trumps Shawn's, other than its length (he was 4" taller). Maybe arms, but Rhoden's were a lot bigger and sharper in 2018. Shawn's waist is way smaller also.

Really? Let us just do a quick rundown on a few body parts. It's hard to compare size because it's two separate pictures in different settings but look at each one's right arm in the same position. From biceps, especially triceps, forearms and overall separation and conditioning Toney wins. Same with the left side. Toney has better conditioning.

Toney has a right pec tear but it's not so bad. Better separation and striations than Rhoden. Rhoden has a better quad sweep but again Toney's quads are better conditioned with more separation. Toney's calves are not as good as Rhoden's not very good calves but hardly a deal breaker. And I don't see a glaring difference in ab and waistline. Both are very good.

I think the contrast would be even starker if they were standing next to each other because Toney is so much taller.

Kwon3

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 05:41:18 PM »
Really? Let us just do a quick rundown on a few body parts. It's hard to compare size because it's two separate pictures in different settings but look at each one's right arm in the same position. From biceps, especially triceps, forearms and overall separation and conditioning Toney wins. Same with the left side. Toney has better conditioning.

Toney has a right pec tear but it's not so bad. Better separation and striations than Rhoden. Rhoden has a better quad sweep but again Toney's quads are better conditioned with more separation. Toney's calves are not as good as Rhoden's not very good calves but hardly a deal breaker. And I don't see a glaring difference in ab and waistline. Both are very good.

I think the contrast would be even starker if they were standing next to each other because Toney is so much taller.

If he's better, than why was his highest placing at the Olympia 5th in 2008 and his last was 15th in 2013? Just curious.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 05:47:51 PM »
If he's better, than why was his highest placing at the Olympia 5th in 2008 and his last was 15th in 2013? Just curious.

How a person places in a contest is a totally different issue and one that is argued about constantly. Toney was from a different era. People can have a field day posting pics comparing Jay with past bbers that never won or placed in the top five in the Olympia.

All we are doing here is just comparing two photos of two different bodybuilders in similar positions.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 06:22:28 AM »

Well said , never was a fan of either nick names , and definitely agree if Shawn didn’t get the w many would be saying politics and I agree