Author Topic: This is why CNN trails so far behind in the ratings  (Read 4532 times)

Kwon3

Re: This is why CNN trails so far behind in the ratings
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 03:25:30 AM »
No more unhinged that those who watch FOX News.
This thread was not about the degree of hinge-worthiness of the audience. It's about the extraordinary bias, bald partisanship, and cheap provocations engaged in by CNN's 8-figure on-air 'talent' and how they misinform or whip up the base feelings of their viewers with artificial outrage at non-events and one-sided guests on the show who agree with everything they say. I could post any number of panels Don Lemon or Wolf Blitzer have had on their programs and there's not one dissenting voice in the anti-Trump cacophany. It's basically 2-3 hours of self-righteous gladhanding by millionaires pretending to care about the people Trump doesn't (yet his economy is doing just that).

Fox News is more balanced than CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, or CBS. They invite guests with opposing views on all their programs, their anchors asks specific and sometimes inconvenient questions of the people they interview (for a recent example, see Martha MacCallum's interview with justice Kavanaugh on her show), and they don't decide who's right and who's wrong in their reporting and forcefeed it to their audience. They merely show the facts, underline the Left's hypocrisy in not reporting those facts, and let their viewers draw their own conclusions.

The American people are optimists by nature and disposition. They don't, generally, traffic in the business of negativity and defeatism; it's at odds with the country's history and the visionary nature of the founding fathers' foundation for the country embodied in its constitution and bill of rights. The Democrats are currently locked into a private war with this way of thinking, and by extension the people of this country. Their negativity and pessimism is common in countries with cynical political cultures like France, the UK, and the Russian Federation. There's no optimism or faith in leadership there because it's not part of their culture and they don't believe the future holds anything good or positive, and the best days are behind them. That is not what America is about, and the Left and its radicals in the streets fundamentally misunderstand the people they claim to represent. It's why they all got it wrong with their predictions for the 2016 election. It's why their 'experts' said Kavanaugh was all but finished a week ago, because women clearly wouldn't stand for him being appointed. It's why they predicted a blue wave in November, yet recent polls don't corroborate their enthusiasm. And it's why they think pandering to special interest groups is going to win them elections, yet they continue preaching and lecturing the majority on these slanted, far-left news networks without realizing we're increasingly tuning them out. They live in an echo chamber.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 05:16:43 AM »
And even though the leftist news is being tuned out they continue being more and more vile everyday.  You would think they would learn from the low ratings but they don't care.  Just like Hollywood being a leftist comes first even when totally failing.

Kwon3

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 06:14:52 AM »
The latest and greatest celebrity-lefty-radical insight from CNN's plastic surgery-loving crown jewel Brooke Baldwin:

The left just doesn't give up.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »
The latest and greatest celebrity-lefty-radical insight from CNN's plastic surgery-loving crown jewel Brooke Baldwin:

The left just doesn't give up.

I really believe that these fake news actors DO NO believe a single word that they peddle..they know and we know its all shite.
K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »
This thread was not about the degree of hinge-worthiness of the audience. It's about the extraordinary bias, bald partisanship, and cheap provocations engaged in by CNN's 8-figure on-air 'talent' and how they misinform or whip up the base feelings of their viewers with artificial outrage at non-events and one-sided guests on the show who agree with everything they say. I could post any number of panels Don Lemon or Wolf Blitzer have had on their programs and there's not one dissenting voice in the anti-Trump cacophany. It's basically 2-3 hours of self-righteous gladhanding by millionaires pretending to care about the people Trump doesn't (yet his economy is doing just that).

Fox News is more balanced than CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, or CBS. They invite guests with opposing views on all their programs, their anchors asks specific and sometimes inconvenient questions of the people they interview (for a recent example, see Martha MacCallum's interview with justice Kavanaugh on her show), and they don't decide who's right and who's wrong in their reporting and forcefeed it to their audience. They merely show the facts, underline the Left's hypocrisy in not reporting those facts, and let their viewers draw their own conclusions.

The American people are optimists by nature and disposition. They don't, generally, traffic in the business of negativity and defeatism; it's at odds with the country's history and the visionary nature of the founding fathers' foundation for the country embodied in its constitution and bill of rights. The Democrats are currently locked into a private war with this way of thinking, and by extension the people of this country. Their negativity and pessimism is common in countries with cynical political cultures like France, the UK, and the Russian Federation. There's no optimism or faith in leadership there because it's not part of their culture and they don't believe the future holds anything good or positive, and the best days are behind them. That is not what America is about, and the Left and its radicals in the streets fundamentally misunderstand the people they claim to represent. It's why they all got it wrong with their predictions for the 2016 election. It's why their 'experts' said Kavanaugh was all but finished a week ago, because women clearly wouldn't stand for him being appointed. It's why they predicted a blue wave in November, yet recent polls don't corroborate their enthusiasm. And it's why they think pandering to special interest groups is going to win them elections, yet they continue preaching and lecturing the majority on these slanted, far-left news networks without realizing we're increasingly tuning them out. They live in an echo chamber.

Well put. Thanks for sharing you're opinion regarding the network news media. I still maintain that the local news media is a better watch in many, if not most cases. At least they don't need to milk every last drop out of a story like network news does. -Boring, extremely boring and tiresome.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »
FOX News' high ratings might have something to do with their lack of network conservative news competition.

Kwon3

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2018, 05:11:02 PM »
Well put. Thanks for sharing you're opinion regarding the network news media. I still maintain that the local news media is a better watch in many, if not most cases. At least they don't need to milk every last drop out of a story like network news does. -Boring, extremely boring and tiresome.
Yep, still watch my local NBC news affiliate at 11 and have since 1992. It's short, only 30 minutes, and features local high school and college sports programming I don't care about, but it's enjoyable to watch and a nostalgic carryover from an earlier time when TV wasn't a large puddle of shit covered in diarrhea sprinkles.

Kwon3

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »
FOX News' high ratings might have something to do with their lack of network conservative news competition.

They don't need a competitor, they do just fine as is. In fact, if FOX wasn't started in 1996, it couldn't be started today in the hyper liberal and partisan media climate we live in. It's a legacy network. As for its viewership, if they wanted to wanted an alternative center-right news source, the Internet and satellite radio has a bevy of them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
They don't need a competitor, they do just fine as is. In fact, if FOX wasn't started in 1996, it couldn't be started today in the hyper liberal and partisan media climate we live in. It's a legacy network. As for its viewership, if they wanted to wanted an alternative center-right news source, the Internet and satellite radio has a bevy of them.

Unless FOXNews has higher ratings than all the liberal leaning news networks combined, claiming FOX has the highest rating is, at best, misleading. Someone's math is suspect.

"It’s important to note that, although Fox gets more viewers overall, CNN and MSNBC have been beating them in the key demographics. Since Trump took office, they’ve even been beating Fox in total viewers."  https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Fox-News-enjoy-better-ratings-than-CNN-and-MSNBC

Network media caters to whatever viewers want. That there more liberal leaning news networks than conservative ones suggests conservative audiences are smaller than liberal ones. Either conservatives don't own televisions or they are the minority group.

Kwon3

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »
Unless FOXNews has higher ratings than all the liberal leaning news networks combined, claiming FOX has the highest rating is, at best, misleading. Someone's math is suspect.
Ratings aren't defined by the cumulative total viewers based on political orientation. They're based on the network's total viewership, and within that rubric, the ratings of their individual programming (usually their prime time shows). By those two metrics, Fox News is far ahead of his competitors by Nielsen rating.

Kwon3

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 07:09:37 PM »
Goodrum lookalike takes radical anti-Trump dogma to a whole other level on MSNBC last Sunday, 8:15

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 02:44:54 AM »

"It’s important to note that, although Fox gets more viewers overall, CNN and MSNBC have been beating them in the key demographics. Since Trump took office, they’ve even been beating Fox in total viewers."  https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Fox-News-enjoy-better-ratings-than-CNN-and-MSNBC

Network media caters to whatever viewers want. That there more liberal leaning news networks than conservative ones suggests conservative audiences are smaller than liberal ones. Either conservatives don't own televisions or they are the minority group.

Look at the Rush Limbaugh show on radio.  No liberal comes remotely close to his ratings.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
Professional reporters should report facts, and not roll eyes or put their own personal opinions on the facts.
CNN only employs rejects and incompetents.

#Fakenews is #CNN.

Kwon3

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
Question regarding the "fake news" ?

Team Trump declares "fake news" when they don't like the coverage on CNN or some other media outlet.

Ok, fine, but then the dems cry "fake news" over some coverage on Fox-news or conservative blog.

If nobody accepts basic facts, what happens?

The difference between Fox and the left-wing outlets you mentioned (and some you didn't) is those outlets are opinion channels, meaning they only dedicate a small portion of their programming to actual news reporting. Fox's daytime and afternoon programming is ALL news with virtually no opinion. Their PRIMETIME newsmagazines (like Hannity) ARE opinion, yet they still bring left wing guests on their programs. The other channels don't. They only invite hand-picked, screen, and vetted talking heads that will support their views. The 92% statistic of anti-Trump coverage isn't made up. It's been certified over and over from reputable media critic sources.

Kwon3

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »

Goes on the record supporting fascist, racist, anti-Jewish, anti-American violence by Anti-Fa and the Kavanaugh "protesters" (paid activists acting on the strict orders of Tom Steyer and George Soros).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
Look at the Rush Limbaugh show on radio.  No liberal comes remotely close to his ratings.

No one is as much of a joke as Limbaugh is. He's a controversial clown. His show is tantamount to the late Jerry Springer show on TV.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
The difference between Fox and the left-wing outlets you mentioned (and some you didn't) is those outlets are opinion channels, meaning they only dedicate a small portion of their programming to actual news reporting. Fox's daytime and afternoon programming is ALL news with virtually no opinion. Their PRIMETIME newsmagazines (like Hannity) ARE opinion, yet they still bring left wing guests on their programs. The other channels don't. They only invite hand-picked, screen, and vetted talking heads that will support their views. The 92% statistic of anti-Trump coverage isn't made up. It's been certified over and over from reputable media critic sources.

So who are all those folks arguing from a conservative viewpoint on CNN? Are they paper dolls?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
On this we may actually agree (* in related news , HELL just opened an ice skating rink)

1. Yup, a lot of OPINION news analysis all over cable news. That's NOT hard news, but it often gets quoted as such from all sides.

2. Rarely do any of the major cable news stations LIE. They simple omit certain things and focus on those they deem news worthy.

I think cable news (24/7) channels and social media have done more to divide people then anything else.

Cable news is somehow addicting. Why is this when the repetitious nature of these broadcasts are enough to make one want to hit their flat-screen with a sledge hammer. I'm weaning myself off all cable news. It's bad for my mental health.  ;D

Kwon3

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 07:20:32 PM »
So who are all those folks arguing from a conservative viewpoint on CNN? Are they paper dolls?
CNN = 4 vs one, including the host. See the video above.

Fox = 1 guest vs 1 guest, with the host moderating and occasionally cutting in to task pointed questions but nothing more.

There's no comparison. One is a gang beating and one is intelligent discourse between people of opposing views. You guys are thugs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »
CNN = 4 vs one, including the host. See the video above.

Fox = 1 guest vs 1 guest, with the host moderating and occasionally cutting in to task pointed questions but nothing more.

There's no comparison. One is a gang beating and one is intelligent discourse between people of opposing views. You guys are thugs.

You guys? I have never appeared on any news program or talk show. Who ya callin' a thug?

Kwon3

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
You guys? I have never appeared on any news program or talk show. Who ya callin' a thug?
I can no more separate myself from the hosts and anchors on Fox than you can the ones on CNN. They represent us and our political affiliations, respectively. They speak for both of us, like it or not.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »
I can no more separate myself from the hosts and anchors on Fox than you can the ones on CNN. They represent us and our political affiliations, respectively. They speak for both of us, like it or not.

Perhaps you are right and perhaps not. You may not know me as well as you think you do. I'd like to think that no one can speak for me.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »
You paper gangsta!

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 12:28:18 AM »
You paper gangsta!

Clever. I'm still no thug or a paper gangster for that matter. You're giving me more credit than I deserve.  :)

Kwon3

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
Don Lemon finally understands how the entire country feels about his show. Uses the term "minstrel show" at around 1:27, a racial hatred term to describe Black actors who danced to please White audiences 100 years ago. Where's the Left on that? Crickets.