Author Topic: UFC 229 - Discussion  (Read 37855 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 229
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2018, 06:15:29 PM »
What Conor did was a purely legal matter that didn't involve the UFC organization. And it was handled as a legal matter. What Khabib did was done during a UFC event which is now both a legal matter and a violations of UFC rules.

He attacked a bus that the UFC provided to UFC fighters for a UFC press conference.   Conor was in a building the UFC was hosting, which would technically be a UFC event.

So now that that is cleared up what rules did the UFC have against a fighter leaving the cage post fight and accosting a coach of a UFC fighter? Please note that the coach is not a UFC employee.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: UFC 229 - Discussion
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
Based on Khabib's latest IG post he may be hyping a rematch or walking away. Good timing based on a record setting 2.4M PPV buys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boy2zCpn_m_/?hl=en&taken-by=khabib_nurmagomedov

“I would like to address the UFC,” Nurmagomedov wrote on Instagram.

“Why didn't you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

“Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

“In any case, punish me, Zubaira Tukhugov has nothing to do with that.
“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You cancelled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my brother FIRST, just check the video.

“If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I'll break it myself.

“And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honour and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.”

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
Uncle Dana..
Will back down..
He will not dare lose all those $$$
On the rematch....

;D ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
Based on Khabib's latest IG post he may be hyping a rematch or walking away. Good timing based on a record setting 2.4M PPV buys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boy2zCpn_m_/?hl=en&taken-by=khabib_nurmagomedov

“I would like to address the UFC,” Nurmagomedov wrote on Instagram.

“Why didn't you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

“Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

“In any case, punish me, Zubaira Tukhugov has nothing to do with that.
“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You cancelled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my brother FIRST, just check the video.

“If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I'll break it myself.

“And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honour and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.”

Could go either way. I don't think they'll call his bluff though.
Was Zubaira the guy in red that hit Conor from behind? Or the guy in black that jumped in the cage after the fight and went after Conor?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2018, 07:23:01 PM »
Could go either way. I don't think they'll call his bluff though.
Was Zubaira the guy in red that hit Conor from behind? Or the guy in black that jumped in the cage after the fight and went after Conor?

Pretty sure the guy in red.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
Well now....effectively what we have here is a “Mexican stand off”...with the EMPLOYEE....holding a shotgun too the head of his EMPLOYER...over what???? his “brother” or “friend” GTFOH....White isn’t about too lose face in Backing down over “threats” from his employee...

Conor win lose or draw is the ACTUAL cash cow NOT Khabib I would be completely surprised if White would back down...as in “allow” the low life that hit Conor in the back of the head too actually fight again on a UFC card....

IMO he won’t do it for the Russian...Conor absolutely simply because White could match Conor with ANYONE on the UFC roster...and sit back and watch the PPV sales go though the roof....With Khabib Champion or not he’s too hard a sell and that’s the nuts n bolts of it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
Well now....effectively what we have here is a “Mexican stand off”...with the EMPLOYEE....holding a shotgun too the head of his EMPLOYER...over what???? his “brother” or “friend” GTFOH....White isn’t about too lose face in Backing down over “threats” from his employee...

Conor win lose or draw is the ACTUAL cash cow NOT Khabib I would be completely surprised if White would back down...as in “allow” the low life that hit Conor in the back of the head too actually fight again on a UFC card....

IMO he won’t do it for the Russian...Conor absolutely simply because White could match Conor with ANYONE on the UFC roster...and sit back and watch the PPV sales go though the roof....With Khabib Champion or not he’s too hard a sell and that’s the nuts n bolts of it.

That's  why I added walking away to my post. However, if Zubaira Tukhugov were to fight Dillion Danish on the same card that would be worth paying for!  :D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »
There'll be a peace conference in a few weeks, and everything will go back to normal. White will shift the decision over to McGregor, and McGregor will allow Khabib's guy back in to maintain his street cred and get a piece of the rematch money.  

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
Pretty sure the guy in red.
Then he should be fired.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2018, 09:25:04 PM »
That's  why I added walking away to my post. However, if Zubaira Tukhugov were to fight Dillion Danish on the same card that would be worth paying for!  :D

if Danis won that would hype the rematch a bit... could become an epic inter-team feud for real

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2018, 09:47:03 PM »
Isn't this true for every UFC fighter?  They're marketed as the best fighter EVER and then they're beat and that person becomes the GREATEST of all time.  Tito -> Randy -> Chuck -> Rampage-> Rashad-> Jon Jones.

Champions lose. They're always hyped beyond belief.

Every fighter gets old and starts to lose. But Conor lost while in his prime. And I agree with Walter. Mendez took the fight on short notice and still he was getting the best of Conor until he gassed and took a few shots from Conor, who is a heavy hitter.

Conor is a good fighter but he wasn't great in the way Anderson Silva, GSP, Aldo, Fedor, and Jon Jones were.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »
Every fighter gets old and starts to lose. But Conor lost while in his prime. And I agree with Walter. Mendez took the fight on short notice and still he was getting the best of Conor until he gassed and took a few shots from Conor, who is a heavy hitter.

Conor is a good fighter but he wasn't great in the way Anderson Silva, GSP, Aldo, Fedor, and Jon Jones were.

You may be right that Connor wasn't at the same level of greatness as the  aforementioned fighters but every fighter I mentioned lost at his physical prime (except Couture he held on for a long time in 2 weight classes but he was well past his prime), they were exposed and it was over. They were all over hyped. Obviously anyone who wins a championship is a great fighter but the UFC is a hype machine, don't forgot there were many topics started here about Rhonda Rousey beating Floyd Mayweather and many other men.

UFC builds hype, and there's nothing wrong with that as they are a promotion business.

Silva, GSP and Jones may actually be fighters the UFC didn't over hype, they lived up to their billings.

And Fedor beat everyone, EVERY name put in front of him he prevailed over. And he did it without the UFC hype machine.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
kebab is a legend now he doesnt need to fight again his celeb status will get him pussy anywhere that shit he did was ultra badass new kinda crazy a muzzie white boy

If he gives up his purse I don't think his celebrity status will get him much. What will someone pay him for if not to fight? And he's hardly a "new kinda crazy muzzie" for trying to punch someone in the audience. I don't know if you've been following the news for the past twenty years but Muslims do some pretty crazy shit that makes trying to punch someone seem pretty mild.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »
Well UFC is kinda fucked now.....

Makes sense given they created the elements to allow this to boil over.

UFC will back down and do a behind closed door deal to solve the Russia issue. No way would the UFC right a Russian market boycott. They see Russia as a key growth market.

It sounds true what someone said earlier, Putin or someone stepped in and covered his money. No way would be back off from 2M so someons ponied up for bim.

When i saw the Putin interview it was clear there is now political pressure on the UFC. So Dana will find himself backpedaling or losing the Russian market. A shitty thing to do but its penance for not sanctioning Conor for the  bus incident.

I think Conor lost fans from that fight. In the 2yrs he has been away ive seen heaps beffer fighters. im not interested in seeing him fight again.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »
He attacked a bus that the UFC provided to UFC fighters for a UFC press conference.   Conor was in a building the UFC was hosting, which would technically be a UFC event.

So now that that is cleared up what rules did the UFC have against a fighter leaving the cage post fight and accosting a coach of a UFC fighter? Please note that the coach is not a UFC employee.

What rule did Khabib break jumping into the audience and attacking someone? You want me to quote some Title and Section in a rulebook or legal manual? What rule is there that you that you can't spike your water with cocaine? Name the source, chapter, and verse.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:30 PM »

Conor was charged, found guilty and sentenced. It cost him millions of dollars for that little stunt.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »

According to Dana, the PPV was below expectations. I think Conor has lost a lot of his luster. He's not this "Mystic Mac" that can "back it up". He's lost four times! I know I have lost a lot of interest in him. He was mostly hype. Hard to keep bragging about how great you are when you tap to a neck crank losing for the fourth time. Even Holly Holmes wouldn't tap and fought until she couldn't fight anymore. Until her body was no longer able to move.

Held on to the bitter end.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2018, 11:01:56 PM »
What Conor did was a purely legal matter that didn't involve the UFC organization. And it was handled as a legal matter. What Khabib did was done during a UFC event which is now both a legal matter and a violations of UFC rules.

Conor was charged, found guilty and sentenced. It cost him millions of dollars for that little stunt.

Unless you know something different he only had to pay for repairs to the bus. He didn't get charged with anything else. He wasn't sentenced for a crime and unless he has civil cases pending he didn't lose millions.

And it was at a UFC event just like Khabib was.

What rule did Khabib break jumping into the audience and attacking someone? You want me to quote some Title and Section in a rulebook or legal manual? What rule is there that you that you can't spike your water with cocaine? Name the source, chapter, and verse.

Spiking your water with cocaine would be a clear violation of the UFC's policy on illegal drugs. I was asking if the UFC has a rule that says you can't strike an opponent's teammate (I said coach previously), which you said was a violation of the rules.  Let's not forget Brock Lesnar came into the ring post fight and shoved Daniel Cormier, and Cormiers corner shoved (attacked) Brock. Wouldn't this be a violation of the rule you referred to?

I'm willing to guess they don't have a rule against any of this but I'm sure it will fall under some established guidelines.

Don't get mad bro, it's a discussion board.

I'm not saying Khabibs actions were okay but they are justified when you take everything into context. ?

Do you really think what he did was way worse than what Connor did (he used an object as a deadly weapon, injured someone and caused physical damage to private property. If I recall correctly he was also trespassing as he wasn't supposed to be allowed into the garage)?

Dana White has blurred the lines. He uses Brock coming into the cage to create a physical situation. He allowed Connors attack on the bus to be used to hype the fight.

But everyone feigns shock and disgust when the guy who grew up wrestling bears can't distinguish "manufactured hype" from reality......

Please.🙄

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2018, 06:43:50 AM »
Preliminary reports suggest UFC 229 pay per view numbers came in at around >2.4million (highest in the company's ppv history/4th highest ppv event in sports history). If that's the case, it broke all former UFC ppv records and stands to make Conor just about $50million USD.

That's a lot of money to go in there and get strangled by Russian bear.

"1"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2018, 06:56:34 AM »
Preliminary reports suggest UFC 229 pay per view numbers came in at around >2.4million (highest in the company's ppv history/4th highest ppv event in sports history). If that's the case, it broke all former UFC ppv records and stands to make Conor just about $50million USD.

"1"

This is yet more proof that the UFC needs Conor

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2018, 07:27:23 AM »
kebab is a legend now he doesnt need to fight again his celeb status will get him pussy anywhere that shit he did was ultra badass new kinda crazy a muzzie white boy

Don’t insult my kind.

That filthy Muzzie is anything but white.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »

"1"
I'd fight them both at the same time for half that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
I'd fight them both at the same time for half that.

I'd fight them both at the same time for $1million tax free. I'd also get my ass royally whooped, but it would be fun and worth it. Not to mention that I would become instantly famous.

"1"

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
I'd fight them both at the same time for $1million tax free. I'd also get my ass royally whooped, but it would be fun and worth it. Not to mention that I would become instantly famous.

"1"

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »

"1"
Lowballer!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!