Author Topic: PIP SEARS!! :-(  (Read 6665 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: PIP SEARS!! :-(
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2018, 04:54:20 PM »
How does a company lose 10 billion in a year lol
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
How does a company lose 10 billion in a year lol

Because the store usually looks like this:

X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »
Because the store usually looks like this:

after one month u should be able to look at the ledger n see ur taking massive loses then make immediate changes... Was this a sudden turn ? Or progressi vly gettin worse
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
after one month u should be able to look at the ledger n see ur taking massive loses then make immediate changes... Was this a sudden turn ? Or progressi vly gettin worse

Like most companies, I assume progressively worse.

It seems like most major chain stores try to hold on to the bitter end until it reaches a breaking point.
X

Kwon3

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
if you were acting like the CFO of the company, I'd say you're entirely right, he should've been sandbagged

but if you were referring to a store manager - lol, those guys had zero control over their inventory, what products they stocked, or how many sales they made. They sat in an office 37.5 hours a week and never walked the floor or talking to anyone, even customers (something Walmart and Target often do with their store managers). They didn't fucking check any ledgers or sales forecasts or P&L statements. They just fucking coasted by on their fat butts until the Regional Manager chalked too lines in their loss column and booted them out to find someone else to scapegoat for 8 weeks. It's why they were always being kicked out and replaced in most stores but the oldest ones (where it was usually a guy in his 90s who refused to retire).

This poisonous culture and highly outdated retail model is what killed SEARS. Not one crappy hedge fund manager who lined his pockets and is now taking a parachute out of the plane he crashed.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
I dont understand where there loses come from, the kenan oil copany owns the mall here with a sears, there rent wasnt that high not many employees so im thinking someone in the company stole this money
A

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
The hedge fund/equity companies "stole" it...

Kwon3

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
The hedge fund/equity companies "stole" it...
yeah
and they didn't even leave a nest egg for the company's retirees, current and upcoming
at least that's what I read about them in Canada - they shafted tens of thousands of employees of their pensions except for a few high-ups who got payouts, as usual. I bet they'l do the same in America if the courts let them.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »
Sync bringin foth trufs
A