Author Topic: sly has a new watch  (Read 7959 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: sly has a new watch
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »
Serious question: What makes a watch that expensive? There is no way the machinery in that watch is more complex than the machinery of, say, a Ferrari, which can be a few hundred thousand less.  ??? ???
Joe Rogan asks the same question. Matt Farah “a watch guy” explains.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:28 PM »
The complexity of some of these watches like a tourbillion is crazy,so many little moving parts.Id say more complex than a Ferrari.i mean think of how tiny all those moving parts are?Also the name adds a lot of value and the limited production of such watches.

Rob you think this is more complex than an Apple watch?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 07:09:12 PM »
Apple Watches lose value far quicker. Just like the iPhone X versionswill be replaced by a newer iPhone, the Apple Watch will be replaced by another more updated one. A Tag Heuer Monaco like the one Steve McQueven wore in the movie “Le Mans” has changed very little to the Monaco Calibre 11 of today.
And then you have that Richard Mille watch, which complicated, just because they can do that. And its a million dollars.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 07:11:54 PM »
Whatever happened to Big_ache? he was all about the time pieces

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
The problem with high end watches is all the counterfeiting going on through China. China will make a cheap Rolex counterfeit and an expensive Rolex counterfeit. So many guys are buying up all these fake high end watches for $3K over the internet then  they brag they have a $20K watch.  In actuality they have a 2 K watch that they paid 3k for. I was listening to a jeweler talk about how these watches coming to him for either repair or band adjustments. He said some are really good counterfeits and some are really bad. He said a competent guy in the business can tell because they have their methods.

I wear with dress clothes a $200 dollar watch and I wonder why?  We all have phones. Truth be told the only watch I really enjoy is my GPS running watch.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 07:29:46 PM »
Apple Watches lose value far quicker. Just like the iPhone X versionswill be replaced by a newer iPhone, the Apple Watch will be replaced by another more updated one. A Tag Heuer Monaco like the one Steve McQueven wore in the movie “Le Mans” has changed very little to the Monaco Calibre 11 of today.
And then you have that Richard Mille watch, which complicated, just because they can do that. And its a million dollars.

Oh I know. I was just trolling.

I was at a baby shower over the summer and some guys there were talking watches and the best high end watches to get and this dude who was a personal trainer said that an apple watch has to be consider as a legit option.

He was serious.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 01:58:12 AM »
I can't tell the time, so many numbers.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 02:17:49 AM »

Not a fan of Richard Mille or hublot, seems to be the rave with the younger “millionaires”

Prefer patek, panerai or even AP

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 02:38:36 AM »
Just the fact that you can recognize these types of watches puts you on a whole different level. My cousin is a watch salesman and I'm going to show him this pic this weekend and see if he recognizes it. He works for Ben Bridges (sp?).

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 03:52:55 AM »

Hahahahaha yup.men should not wear digital watches.Just my thinking but I could never do it.

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51:27 AM »
does not look practical , too many visible parts and decorations

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 06:43:29 AM »
fucking pathetic how much idiots pay for these things and how many men lust over such ugly time pieces...guess what my cell phone tells the exact same time!!!

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 06:59:06 AM »
tag heuer is for entry level khunts who dont know any better

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 07:00:41 AM »
Not a fan of Richard Mille or hublot, seems to be the rave with the younger “millionaires”

Prefer patek, panerai or even AP
hublot is the richman poorman ap having said that ap should be renamed royal oak

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 07:04:52 AM »
That's a Mille.  Damn, those are even out of my price range.  Was looking at a used one and even that was not in my budget.

The BS on GetBig never disappoints.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »
I choose the watch every time.Id rather have a 30k watch and a 10k car verse a 10k watch and 30k car.

But German engineering goes so well with Swiss!

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 10:28:50 AM »

the design of the watch looks quite generic though

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
the design of the watch looks quite generic though

I've always liked Breitling's. 72hr power reserve in the Chronomat 44 is nice too.

Pilot bracelet is the most comfortable I have ever worn.

To each his own.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »
tag heuer is for entry level khunts who dont know any better
I was giving an example. And you never commented on the historical significance of the Monaco...but, you didn’t know any better, right?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »
I was giving an example. And you never commented on the historical significance of the Monaco...but, you didn’t know any better, right?

im well aware but vintage monaco doesnt change the fact that tag heuer is overrated

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »

How much for the monthly lease payments?  ;D

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »
Expensive watches are for absolute fagggots.  It's somewhere between "jewelry for men" and "collecting Funko POP." 

I understand things that serve a purpose and can be fun, like cars.  But to spend that kind of money on a gay piece of useless jewelry? 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 10:28:01 PM »
How much for the monthly lease payments?  ;D

Zero.  :)

Expensive watches are for absolute fagggots.  It's somewhere between "jewelry for men" and "collecting Funko POP." 

I understand things that serve a purpose and can be fun, like cars.  But to spend that kind of money on a gay piece of useless jewelry? 

I'm not as big into watches as I used to be but It's like anything else one might like/collect. I wish I kept the first Rolex watches I purchased they would be worth a tidy sum now.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 11:02:11 PM »

Expensive watches are like any other expensive item if it Your $ and you like said items you buy them.
Goes for any expensive items - be they cars / motorbikes / paintings / houses / clothes / shoes etc
I get it’s not your thing only each their own.

Also expensive is relative to how much $ wealth you have.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2018, 03:46:15 AM »

IG posts like this are sad imo

"look at me I made it!"

Caring to show off any material posessions is shallow and douchy