Author Topic: Just did legs -- feel like crap  (Read 16885 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Just did legs -- feel like crap
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2018, 11:55:32 AM »
Pellius has those "what you" blockas on.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
Fuck Groink......... 57 years old best shape of my life.

2011,two weeks after my last contests.

Hmm, Where is your "safety fat"at? You must be doing something wrong. ;D ;D

I can assure you that my body didn't look like this when I was 57 years old which was 22 years ago.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
Pellius looks as fit as a fiddle for any age but it is a huge accomplishment for an advanced traineee.

A lifetime of training is more than worth it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
Yes, Pellius is an inspiration.

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2018, 01:41:54 PM »
Pellius looks as fit as a fiddle for any age but it is a huge accomplishment for an advanced traineee.

A lifetime of training is more than worth it.

I showed both Pellius's and your pictures to this chick I hook up with. All she could say was "gross".

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2018, 01:51:02 PM »
I showed both Pellius's and your pictures to this chick I hook up with. All she could say was "gross".

Assuming your hookup likes how you look and thinks these two very fit dudes are gross looking, what does this say about your physique and/or fitness level?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
The old volume vs intensity argument. If intensity was the magic bullet and the most effective way to train the majority of bodybuilders would be training that way. The majority train with volume. Arthur Jones would find a volume trainer and invite them down to Florida then take credit for their success. When Viator was no long on Jones's pay roll he trained with volume.  His third place in the Olympia was by far his best ever physique. He was doing volume and a lot of it. Joe Means is featured throughout  the Nautilus book and was another bodybuilder invited down to Florida. For his contests he did use Nautilus along with conventional weights but he used volume. Sergio is not a product of Nautilus. He spent a couple of weeks down in Florida and was highly paid for that. He trained with a ton of volume prior to Arthur Jones and after Arthur Jones. Even Mentzer in his best condition trained 4 to 6 work sets a body part. The only ones I can see that truly embraced the Jones intensity were guys like Yates, Cardillo (Mr. Canada) and Dave Mastorakis. Here's where someone says they saw the Yates tape and he did plenty of sets. Nope, one set to failure. Those are warm up. You don't take 410lbs for inclines with no warm up sets.  

There is no true definition of high intensity. For some it's one set to failure. For someone like Lee Labrada it's three sets to failure per exercise. Some say train a body part once every 7 to 10 days and others say 2 to 3 times a week. 3 times a week is going back to Darden's many early books. No, we don't have training facts in bodybuilding. We have training theories. If we had training facts we would all doing the same training routine using the same exercises barring injuries and sets. If intensity was the magic bullet then we would do the most intense training we could do. It would be something like 4 sets of one rep per exercise. Highest intensity achieved. Olympic and Power lifters do not train to failure every training session. They cycle their training.

Let me preface what I wrote is that I have been heavily influenced by Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer. When Jones burst onto the scene I read everything he wrote. Ironman Magazine was his platform. I still have his original book that was put together with staples to hold the papers. I still train with low sets. I remember back in the day being selected from my job to go through a high intensity workout by a guy who owned a pure Nautilus and MedX gym. I still think he was trying to kill me. It was a whole body routine. One set to failure and beyond. No warm up. No rest between exercises. I nearly threw up and down on the floor at the end knowing I couldn't stand. There was no way anyone could train like that on a regular basis hence his suggested once every 5 day training session.

My empirical conclusions based on over 40 years of training. Volume has merit. A lot of merit. It's not easy as HIT followers claim. It's like a 400 meter runner saying to a marathoner your training is easy. The 400 meter runner knows he trains more intensely but he would be in world of hurt trying to train like a good marathoner.

My conclusions it that  a bodybuider's muscle is a result of muscular endurance training. This is not to be confused with aerobic cardio training. Yes, two sets is better than one set. Three sets is also better than two but it's better fractionally. You reach a point of diminishing returns. I think all bodybuilders would be better off cycling their their training between volume and intensity.  Many volume trainers use heavy days as their concession to intensity.  Arnold wrote many times he would take an exercise like a bench or deadlift to it's one rep max on a heavy day.

In the end this is nothing but a hobby for the majority of us. Train the way you feel is most effective and gives you the most satisfaction. To say you found the most effective way to train and all should follow your lead is foolish. Like I said before. We have training theories and not training facts. A hard core work ethic will take you far with the only limitations is of course genetic predisposition. On a side note be wary of training advice from steroid users. Consider what they look like if they are clean for 6 months then reevaluate their advice.

On a side note Arthur Jones did not invent the cam he used on his machine. He did not invent pre exhaust. He did not invent selectorized plates on his machine. Not saying this as a dig. His achievements stand on their own.

This is a good summary of training over the last 50 or so years. You conclude that "a bodybuider's muscle is a result of muscular endurance training". Yes, this is correct but needs to be qualified. The particular kind of muscular endurance sought is that using significant resistance, eg, reasonably heavy weights. Warm up, then do many sets with the heavy resistance for 10 or more reps. Why more than 10? Twofold, first to help get a pump and second to compensate for the drop in reps after the third maximum set. There is no need to cycle intensity and volume. You must combine both. HST theory recommends taking a layoff regularly to allow the body to be able to grow more. I am not so sure about this strategic deconditioning.

I agree there are many theories and methods about gaining large muscles. In the confusion we find that just about everyone considers themselves experts.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
I think someone may have hacked Vince B's account.

Only someone new to Getbig would think this. What you!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2018, 02:33:34 PM »

Only someone new to Getbig would think this. What you!
Your posts seemed different earlier, not the usual writing style.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2018, 02:34:51 PM »

I am far more educated and well-read than you are regarding physical training. I keep an open mind and explore and experiment with new ideas. And I have vastly -- VASTLY -- more hands-on and real-world experience than you will ever have unless you start training now and live to be a 125 years old.

Ah, it is always refreshing to hear the words of a true expert! 2018 marks the 60th anniversary of bodybuilding for me.

I used to think that Pellius was an ok guy who got picked on here at Getbig. He replies to criticism to the bitter end.

Now I see he is quite an aggressive critic which disappoints me. Instead of debating hypertrophy he attacks me as a person.

What you, Pellius!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
Your posts seemed different earlier, not the usual writing style.

You are an expert re writing styles? Amazing.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »

You seem very annoyed lately.  Is everyone getting under your skin?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
A lot of reinventing the wheel 

Go to the gym 3-4 per week consistently. Lift up heavy weights and put them down. Don't train like a pussy.

How big your muscles will get will be dependent on how much drugs you take and genetics.

Thread/

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »

This is a good summary of training over the last 50 or so years. You conclude that "a bodybuider's muscle is a result of muscular endurance training". Yes, this is correct but needs to be qualified. The particular kind of muscular endurance sought is that using significant resistance, eg, reasonably heavy weights. Warm up, then do many sets with the heavy resistance for 10 or more reps. Why more than 10? Twofold, first to help get a pump and second to compensate for the drop in reps after the third maximum set. There is no need to cycle intensity and volume. You must combine both. HST theory recommends taking a layoff regularly to allow the body to be able to grow more. I am not so sure about this strategic deconditioning.

I agree there are many theories and methods about gaining large muscles. In the confusion we find that just about everyone considers themselves experts.

"I am not so sure about this strategic deconditioning."

Really? Then why have you been in deconditioning mode for the last 30 year?

"In the confusion we find that just about everyone considers themselves experts.

Although people like Coach, Vanb, myself and others are far more knowledgeable than you are, none of us ever referred to ourselves as experts. You, and ONLY YOU, are the only one that refers to himself as a hypertrophy expert. How you can preach and lecture to others looking like you do shows how grossly unaware you are. Such gall and nerve. And you wonder why people don't respect you and you had to beg for years for "stars".

One thing GetBig has never tolerated and that is poseurs.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »
A lot of reinventing the wheel 

Go to the gym 3-4 per week consistently. Lift up heavy weights and put them down. Don't train like a pussy.

How big your muscles will get will be dependent on how much drugs you take and genetics.

Thread/
True but nobody wants to talk about the drugs needed.  True natties can only gain 10-20 pounds of muscle over a lifetime but they don't want to admit this.  Vince seems to believe he is still packing on muscle at his age with no steroids.  If he got down to the bodyfat % he was at when he won the Mr. Canada he would be shocked how small he really is.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »

Ah, it is always refreshing to hear the words of a true expert! 2018 marks the 60th anniversary of bodybuilding for me.

I used to think that Pellius was an ok guy who got picked on here at Getbig. He replies to criticism to the bitter end.

Now I see he is quite an aggressive critic which disappoints me. Instead of debating hypertrophy he attacks me as a person.

What you, Pellius!

You haven't bodybuild since the mid 1980s.

Unlike me, you have never addressed any arguments that I made. You completely ignored all the inconsistencies you said about me on this very thread. You are the one that constantly attacks others personally by constantly referring to us as "self-proclaimed experts", floatsam, you just called Prime "dumb" on this thread. He never insulted you. But when it is turned around and you get a bit of your own medicine you cry like a baby.

You don' debate. You don't consider any other ideas. You dismiss categorically any and all real scientific studies. You just keep lecturing us on our ignorance and your tired, old, unproven theories.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »

I am, fwiw.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2018, 03:29:42 PM »
You haven't bodybuild since the mid 1980s.

Unlike me, you have never addressed any arguments that I made. You completely ignored all the inconsistencies you said about me on this very thread. You are the one that constantly attacks others personally by constantly referring to us as "self-proclaimed experts", floatsam, you just called Prime "dumb" on this thread. He never insulted you. But when it is turned around and you get a bit of your own medicine you cry like a baby.

You don' debate. You don't consider any other ideas. You dismiss categorically any and all real scientific studies. You just keep lecturing us on our ignorance and you tired, old, unproven theories.

Amen.

I like Vince, but I'm beyond tired of the "everybody's an expert, hur hur!" We hominenizing he employs.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

Hmm, Where is your "safety fat"at? You must be doing something wrong. ;D ;D

I can assure you that my body didn't look like this when I was 57 years old which was 22 years ago.
You really 79 years old?

What you, Pellius!

You really shouldn't call yourself a bodybuilder. I mean if you actually lift, you could call yourself a weightlifter. But you are no bodybuilder.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2018, 06:13:10 PM »
Assuming your hookup likes how you look and thinks these two very fit dudes are gross looking, what does this say about your physique and/or fitness level?
She likes my strong natural physique, big dick and my good looks. She thought Wes looked like a desperate older gay man trying to hold on to youth via steroids and she couldn't even look at Pelius. She thought the veins were gross.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2018, 08:17:40 PM »
She likes my strong natural physique, big dick and my good looks. She thought Wes looked like a desperate older gay man trying to hold on to youth via steroids and she couldn't even look at Pelius. She thought the veins were gross.

So - And your point is ?
Other than she doesn’t like the look of their physiques
1, I doubt very much they are bothered either way if she does or doesn’t approve
2, They May also not like / dislike her physique
3, They Very Likely do like how they look & are actively working on any improvements they think are needed

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »
So - And your point is ?
Other than she doesn’t like the look of their physiques
1, I doubt very much they are bothered either way if she does or doesn’t approve
2, They May also not like / dislike her physique
3, They Very Likely do like how they look & are actively working on any improvements they think are needed
The post was in response to a very specific question, shit-for-brains.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2018, 10:18:53 PM »

Yes, I've said repeatedly that most women do not find veins attractive.

BTW, have you ever posted a picture of your strong natural physique?

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
Yes, I've said repeatedly that most women do not find veins attractive.

BTW, have you ever posted a picture of your strong natural physique?
Why would I? I find the men here who plaster their photos to be very foolish. No, I seek no validation from strangers.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »
Why would I? I find the men here who plaster their photos to be very foolish. No, I seek no validation from strangers.

No bbing site would survive more than a day if no pictures were posted. It's the defining point of all things bbing. And they absolutely do seek admiration from strangers. Hence, the t-back tank tops and muscle shirts. A Kai Green all bundled up in a full on sweat suit is a notable exception to the rule.

What you are really saying is that despite all your training you are ashamed of what your body looks like. Besides, we already know who you are and what you look like. But nice try. We all knew you couldn't stay off this board for long.