Author Topic: Wallpaper of the Champions. Sergio Oliva. Arnold. Zane, etc.  (Read 2759 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Wallpaper of the Champions. Sergio Oliva. Arnold. Zane, etc.
« on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »
Here is a composition I did in the past. I found the photo of Sergio and placed him on One Mile Beach in Forster, NSW, north of Sydney. The Aussies don't pronounce the r's in Forster! Ron allows 900 Kb photos here which helps post higher resolution images for others to enjoy. Maybe he will one day allow 2 Mb photos? The photo is about 3000 X 2000 pixels.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Wallpaper of the Champions. Sergio Oliva. Arnold. Zane.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:34:30 PM »
Zane in Fantasyland. I think the original was photoshopped. Same One Mile Beach in Forster, NSW.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Wallpaper of the Champions. Sergio Oliva. Arnold. Zane.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:05:39 PM »
John Terilli. John sent me the original in colour for helping him with posing in 1983. I will find it and post it in this thread.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Wallpaper of the Champions. Sergio Oliva. Arnold. Zane, etc.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »
Arnold by Robert Nailon. Taken in 1974 while Arnold was posing at Tony's Gym in Sydney. The gang came over to our apartment on the beach at Queenscliff afterwards.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »
Superb.

Terilli built a great physique.   

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »
Steve Reeves. From a Tony Lanza photo taken in 1947 in Montreal. Tony said to take physique photos late in the afternoon in the summer.

I changed the cut and colour of his posing trunks and also augmented his physique a bit.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »
The Sergio one is just awesome! If I wasn't ashamed to be interested in bbing I would definitely have that on my phone wallpaper.

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:24 PM »
That Zane pic is incredible. You should send him one in the mail. I bet he'd really appreciate it ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 12:09:59 AM »
Steve Reeves around 1950. I copied a photo by Russ Warner that Robert Nailon took to see Reeves who signed it. Took hours to get rid of scratch marks.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 12:11:47 AM »
That Zane pic is incredible. You should send him one in the mail. I bet he'd really appreciate it ;D

Yeah, Frank was at my place with Robert Nailon back in the seventies. I sent him this photo and it was returned unopened. A note said Frank doesn't accept
mail from people he doesn't know. Well, except for people ordering things from him!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 12:15:03 AM »
Nice pics

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:25 AM »
Steve Reeves. From a Tony Lanza photo taken in 1947 in Montreal. Tony said to take physique photos late in the afternoon in the summer.

I changed the cut and colour of his posing trunks and also augmented his physique a bit.

That's a deadly sin. Digitally adding "muscle" to an old and perfect photo. You are a faker and con man if you mess with such classics

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 12:44:47 AM »

;D

Vince, you have a knack for photography but there is no need to augment Steve Reeves physique. It's noticeable and doesn't look as impressive as the original shape he presented. That's why he's Steve Reeves.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 01:17:54 AM »
That's a deadly sin. Digitally adding "muscle" to an old and perfect photo. You are a faker and con man if you mess with such classics

I have to agree. The physique should never be altered.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 03:09:47 AM »
;D

Vince, you have a knack for photography but there is no need to augment Steve Reeves physique. It's noticeable and doesn't look as impressive as the original shape he presented. That's why he's Steve Reeves.

I can improve physiques and poses. That is something artists can do. I will find the original Reeves shot and post it here. Reeves was great but not perfect. I took a photo of a page in Robert Nailon's Reeves album. He has a collection of just about every Reeves photo ever taken.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »
It is hard to find large clear photos of Steve Reeves. With the help of AI Gigapixel from Topaz it is possible to enlarge these old photos. Editing required of course but no changing of the physique here. I think this is the most impressive and beautiful photo of Steve Reeves posing. Taken in 1947 by Tony Lanza in Montreal on the St Lawrence River at 5 pm in the afternoon.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 07:30:03 PM »
I had fun changing the faces of some of the characters in this painting. Can you find John Grimek, Clancy Ross, Steve Reeves, Arnold, Joe Weider, Sergio Oliva, Larry Scott, Mike Mentzer, Ray Mentzer, Bob Paris, Zabo Koszewski, Derek Anthony and Booty.