Author Topic: can a bodybuilder drink everyday  (Read 6580 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: can a bodybuilder drink everyday
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »
Well i think i have had enough...im going to quit drinking
irongearco.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »
A couple of glasses of wine a night won't hurt you.

yes it will

E
E

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
no no, i am sure that everything thats wrong in your life will look much better once you stop drinking.

You will probably forget all about those "special visists" from your uncle without the booze. Or was it the other way, well whatever

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
1 ml of alcohol = 7 calories

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
yes it will

E

No......it won’t. Unless you’re an alcoholic

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 04:00:31 AM »
A shot of whiskey is about 70 calories.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 04:36:44 AM »
yes it will

E

It will not. Wine is definitely an alcohol you can consume daily without worry. As coach said a couple of glasses is fine.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »

Vices are for weak people.

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 05:59:57 AM »
I'm not advocating drinking, let alone drinking everyday, but will add my two cents here-
I drink socially 2-3 days per week, and one of those nights usually ends up being a long night, lets say 15-20 mixed drinks-
My go to is Kettle One Sugar Free Red Bull, and a close second is Kettle One and Soda-
Do I feel like shit the next day and miss workouts, yes...would I trade all of the ass I have pulled for all of the Saturday and Sunday workouts I have missed? NEVER-
If you can be in the gym 4, sometimes 5 days per week, and eat very sensibly( ZERO CARBS), you will find that you will look better than most, will be lean, and can maintain a normal, or better than normal social life-
I'm not sure how drinking will mix with gear in regards to ones liver, as that is a whole other story-
I've done the above for 15 or so years, and so far am super healthy( cholesterol, BP, BF% etc) at 48 years old-
I don't see the need to sacrifice the human experience of living life, unless you are a paid athlete and your future/career depends on it-
Besides feeling good about ones self, most guys work out to look better so they can get laid-and the above formula will accomplish that.
Cheers!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 06:04:04 AM »
WTF is an "AD Cherry"  ?  ???

Account hacked for sure...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
Addy turned pro after he quit drinking, not during.......

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »
No......it won’t. Unless you’re an alcoholic

there are new studies that say it will, so just to be safe you shouldn't drink it especially with your recent health problems

E
E

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
there are new studies that say it will, so just to be safe you shouldn't drink it especially with your recent health problems

E

You can find a study on anything man. Even the itchy rash that keeps developing on your crotch. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 04:05:46 PM »
Drinking at bars and nightclubs nowadays is too expensive.

It's ridiculous what they charge for drinks.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »
Drinking at bars and nightclubs nowadays is too expensive.

It's ridiculous what they charge for drinks.

I was partying at the Delano in Miami for Art Basel drinks were $26.  Bottle service at Liv was $7k, that was a mediocre table. It’s fucking insane

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 04:19:36 PM »
I'm not advocating drinking, let alone drinking everyday, but will add my two cents here-
I drink socially 2-3 days per week, and one of those nights usually ends up being a long night, lets say 15-20 mixed drinks-
My go to is Kettle One Sugar Free Red Bull, and a close second is Kettle One and Soda-
Do I feel like shit the next day and miss workouts, yes...would I trade all of the ass I have pulled for all of the Saturday and Sunday workouts I have missed? NEVER-
If you can be in the gym 4, sometimes 5 days per week, and eat very sensibly( ZERO CARBS), you will find that you will look better than most, will be lean, and can maintain a normal, or better than normal social life-
I'm not sure how drinking will mix with gear in regards to ones liver, as that is a whole other story-
I've done the above for 15 or so years, and so far am super healthy( cholesterol, BP, BF% etc) at 48 years old-
I don't see the need to sacrifice the human experience of living life, unless you are a paid athlete and your future/career depends on it-
Besides feeling good about ones self, most guys work out to look better so they can get laid-and the above formula will accomplish that.
Cheers!

Sound advice if you asked me....

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »
Im 4th day in...no alcohol. Not even a beer. My diet has been 100% on point. Its amazing that i feel better already. My only complaint is insomnia. It takes me forever to fall asleep sober
irongearco.com

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
I quit a while ago, drink for me always led to coke and that always led to me wandering the streets like a lunatic till 6,7 sometimes 10am.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »
A sign of alcoholism is the inability to use proper punctuation and grammar.

me will keep that in mind

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »
You can find a study on anything man. Even the itchy rash that keeps developing on your crotch. 

Exactly. There are probably more studies that show alcohol (such as wine) that shows the benefits out weight the negatives

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2018, 03:48:51 AM »
Im 4th day in...no alcohol. Not even a beer. My diet has been 100% on point. Its amazing that i feel better already. My only complaint is insomnia. It takes me forever to fall asleep sober
Try having classical music in the background when you are sleeping.  Every night I have Sirius/XM radio on either Symphony Hall or Spa and I sleep like a baby.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2018, 12:56:10 AM »
Exactly. There are probably more studies that show alcohol (such as wine) that shows the benefits out weight the negatives

'benefits' like sugar  ::) ;D

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
Try having classical music in the background when you are sleeping.  Every night I have Sirius/XM radio on either Symphony Hall or Spa and I sleep like a baby.

interesting.

i might try that

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
signs i know i dont drink anymore..

i received 2 nice gifts from referral partners and i gave away a bottle whiskey and vodka.

just gave them away! -

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2018, 01:57:17 PM »
I drank almost daily and did every drug imaginable for around 33 years between periods of training after I hit bottom and I relapsed a lot and each time I hit bottom it was worse than the time before.

I overdosed 3 times on intravenous drugs and was pronounced dead of those 3 different occasions............... ..won over 60 trophies in both powerlifting and bodybuilding even though I had shit for genetics.

If you can drink socially,FINE...........if not and you are  showing signs that you are or are becoming an alcoholic quit now at any cost.

Off the top of my head, and I counted before this, I have lost around 150 people I knew to drugs,violence and alcohol.

Growing up in the ghetto with a woman beating alcoholic father gave me very little hope.

Bodybuilding literally saved my life............. as corny as it may sound to some of you guys here.....it kept me grounded and gave me goals.