Author Topic: Gov. Newsom ending high-speed rail project between SF, LA  (Read 1146 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Gov. Newsom ending high-speed rail project between SF, LA
« on: February 12, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »
As a Californian I find this huge.  It flies in the face of the GND, giving him some advantage over the far left
in the Democratic party. 

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday he's abandoning a plan to build
a high-speed rail line between Los Angeles and San Francisco, a project with an estimated cost that has
ballooned to $77 billion.

"Let's be real," Newsom said in his first State of the State address. "The current project, as planned, would
cost too much and respectfully take too long. There's been too little oversight and not enough transparency."

https://abc7news.com/politics/gov-newsom-ending-high-speed-rail-project-between-sf-la/5134644/

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Gov. Newsom ending high-speed rail project between SF, LA
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »
As a Californian I find this huge.  It flies in the face of the GND, giving him some advantage over the far left
in the Democratic party. 

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday he's abandoning a plan to build
a high-speed rail line between Los Angeles and San Francisco, a project with an estimated cost that has
ballooned to $77 billion.

"Let's be real," Newsom said in his first State of the State address. "The current project, as planned, would
cost too much and respectfully take too long. There's been too little oversight and not enough transparency."

https://abc7news.com/politics/gov-newsom-ending-high-speed-rail-project-between-sf-la/5134644/
So the one out of two states where this would actually work and was in motion has abandoned it, but this will work going through farting cow land?  I see ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
Translation "why have the state pay for what we can milk the fed govt for?".

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 03:49:07 AM »
With the Green New Deal we will have high speed rails to every city in the U.S. as well as across the oceans. ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 04:57:42 AM »
 Truth be told I haven’t followed the story very closely. Has this project gotten started?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 06:52:28 AM »
AOC and her Green fantasies just died a quick death.  Freaking psychosis running wild w the left

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
AOC and her Green fantasies just died a quick death.  Freaking psychosis running wild w the left

You have to wonder about the timing and motivation of this announcement. It’s a huge piece of ammo for Republicans that can be used for a long time to come.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
You have to wonder about the timing and motivation of this announcement. It’s a huge piece of ammo for Republicans that can be used for a long time to come.

Could it be a smoke screen to cover the Russian collusion hoax?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:39 PM »
Could it be a smoke screen to cover the Russian collusion hoax?

I heard Newsome speak. He said there was too little oversight and transparency, but I’m sure government projects will run smooth as silk when AOC is running the show😂

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »
I heard Newsome speak. He said there was too little oversight and transparency, but I’m sure government projects will run smooth as silk when AOC is running the show😂
I was talking about the Green New Deal being the smokescreen but yeah I saw Newsome speak on the failed train.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 02:25:00 PM »
I was talking about the Green New Deal being the smokescreen but yeah I saw Newsome speak on the failed train.

Not sure about that one. Until I see otherwise, I believe the Mueller investigation will last forever. They’ll never admit the entire investigation is a sham.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
Not sure about that one. Until I see otherwise, I believe the Mueller investigation will last forever. They’ll never admit the entire investigation is a sham.
Yeah, they can't let the Mueller investigation die as they've invested 2 years in it and their crazy radical base would go apeshit if they did.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »
Truth be told I haven’t followed the story very closely. Has this project gotten started?

The project has been underway for some time.  They will complete a section in the central valley
connecting Merced to Bakersfield.  High speed rail is important when you need to get from your
cattle ranch to your oil fields without producing greenhouse gases.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 07:46:06 PM »
Translation "why have the state pay for what we can milk the fed govt for?".
Already milked the Feds for 3.5 BILLION that the state of CA would have to return if they completely abandon the project, that's why Newscum wants to complete a short portion from nowhere to the boonies.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 07:54:38 PM »
Already milked the Feds for 3.5 BILLION that the state of CA would have to return if they completely abandon the project, that's why Newscum wants to complete a short portion from nowhere to the boonies.

That's some Wall money right there, brah!  :D