Author Topic: Question(s) for Johnny Apollo  (Read 28834 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Question(s) for Johnny Apollo
« on: April 15, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »
Hi Johnny,
I just saw your post in reply to me on the GT board re: you used to be a Christian.  I thought I'd continue that conversation over here on the proper board if you don't mind.

When I asked you if you had (earlier in your life) believed you were a sinner and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior your response was that you "used to be a big Jesus Freak."

So my first question is:  Back then, did you believe that you were a sinner in need of a savior, and did you accept what Jesus did by dying on the cross for your sins and rising again?  Did you indeed accept Him as your savior?

****please only answer what you are comfortable with, and if you would prefer, we could PM****

R

Johnny Apollo

Re: Question(s) for Johnny Apollo
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »
I went through the whole "accepting jesus as your savior" phase. At the time I didn't think twice about it so I never realized how it made absolutely no sense. I always thought I was a sinner everytime I lied or cheated or what have you. I always felt guilty whenever i'd do the most trivial things that hurt no one.

Then I realized christianity is bullshit and felt guilty no longer for victimless acts.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:10:39 PM »

Then I realized christianity is bullshit and felt guilty no longer for victimless acts.

Is there a course of events that made you change your mind?  If so, would you please share them? 

Did you attend a Catholic church?

R

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:36:54 PM »
Shut up Stella.
"Shut the F up and train"

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »
Is there a course of events that made you change your mind?  If so, would you please share them? 

Did you attend a Catholic church?

I don't remember since It was so long ago. I went to catholic church for a short time then baptist then methodist. I don't remember the exact chain of events that led me to realizing religion is nonsense.
Do you remember the exact chain of events that led you to realizing santa claus doesn't exist?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 05:30:57 PM »
Shut up Stella.

Hey mansolivier!  I thought we were buddies! 
 :)

BTW, it looks like "our other buddy" has been quite active recently.....I guess it's pretty hard to stay away from here :D

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 05:40:21 PM »

I don't remember since It was so long ago. I went to catholic church for a short time then baptist then methodist. I don't remember the exact chain of events that led me to realizing religion is nonsense.
Do you remember the exact chain of events that led you to realizing santa claus doesn't exist?

Do you mind if I ask the number of years between your "realizing religion is nonsense" and now?

How old are you (only if you wish to share)?  (we can always PM)

As for Santa and I....I was quite a young child when Santa was really mentioned.....I never really believed in him as a person.  My mom thought to tell us he was a real living person would be a lie.  She told us he "represented the spirit of Christmas" or something....such as people giving gifts freely...etc.

In fact I asked her about my feelings about Santa today (while thinking of your post) and she said I thought he was mean because I would see kids crying on his lap in the mall.  I guess I thought people dressed up as him were being mean to them to make them cry ???
It could probably have just his breath! :P....... :)
R

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »
Actually he did, but not in the pagan American sense.

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=35

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 05:38:33 AM »
Do you mind if I ask the number of years between your "realizing religion is nonsense" and now?

How old are you (only if you wish to share)?  (we can always PM)

25 now and was around 15 when I realized religion was nonsense.

As for Santa and I....I was quite a young child when Santa was really mentioned.....I never really believed in him as a person.  My mom thought to tell us he was a real living person would be a lie.  She told us he "represented the spirit of Christmas" or something....such as people giving gifts freely...etc.

In fact I asked her about my feelings about Santa today (while thinking of your post) and she said I thought he was mean because I would see kids crying on his lap in the mall.  I guess I thought people dressed up as him were being mean to them to make them cry ???
It could probably have just his breath! :P....... :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 05:55:24 AM »
25 now and was around 15 when I realized religion was nonsense.

But is religion the same as spirituality?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:22:34 AM »
But is religion the same as spirituality?

Not really. Spirituality is just belief in supernatural and what not I suppose. Religion is organized.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 10:04:18 AM »
I went through the whole "accepting jesus as your savior" phase. At the time I didn't think twice about it so I never realized how it made absolutely no sense. I always thought I was a sinner everytime I lied or cheated or what have you. I always felt guilty whenever i'd do the most trivial things that hurt no one.

So you took the easy way out? If you WERE believer then you realize that walking with the Lord is the hardest thing a Christian can do!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 10:07:52 AM »
So you took the easy way out? If you WERE believer then you realize that walking with the Lord is the hardest thing a Christian can do!

Admiting your beliefs are wrong and you wasted years in those beliefs isn't easy. ::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:12:26 AM »

Admiting your beliefs are wrong and you wasted years in those beliefs isn't easy. ::)

what a miserable way to live life.   :(

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47:22 AM »
what a miserable way to live life.   :(

Ending an illogical belief is miserable? ::)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 11:15:21 AM »
The thing is, if Johnny truly accepted Jesus as Savior, Johnny is saved :D
R

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »

The only ultimate sin is turning your back on Him!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 11:26:41 AM »
Jesus isn't saviour of anything. He(Assuming he existed) was a jew who lived about 2,000 years ago and was a preacher. That's it.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »
Jesus isn't saviour of anything. He(Assuming he existed) was a jew who lived about 2,000 years ago and was a preacher. That's it.

Wrong again, JA. 

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »

Ahhh geez.  Once saved always saved?  I think thats a whole nother debate in itself.....

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 02:34:01 PM »

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 02:54:03 PM »
Ahhh geez.  Once saved always saved?  I think thats a whole nother debate in itself.....

I know!  Can of worms ;D
R

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 07:45:19 PM »
I keep waiting for Johnny to fall to the ground, start stomping his feet,  and hold his breath until his face turns blue and he passes out.  ::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 07:07:12 AM »
You prove it.

Burden on him. He said I'm "wrong" so the burden of proof is on him not me.

Look up "Burden of proof".