Author Topic: Johnny Bravo on Dave Palumbo- RX Muscle  (Read 3924 times)

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
Johnny Bravo on Dave Palumbo- RX Muscle
« on: March 22, 2019, 01:22:47 PM »

Is Dave Calombo guilty?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Johnny Bravo on Dave Palumbo- RX Muscle
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »
maybe dave's been busy with more important things, for example he just posted a video about eating eggs

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 02:04:22 PM »
Always wondered, Palumbo always says he dropped out of medical school after "almost" finishing(3 years), but the first step to getting INTO medical school is a Bachelors degree, which is mostly general education from art to music to math, although more of an emphasis on science and physiology courses but is NOT medical school. Given his age and having started competing in 1990, it doesn't even look like he even got the initial Bachelors degree to even apply to medical school.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 08:35:50 PM »
palumbo doesnt need book science

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »
Palumbo is not ESPN  ...   lol

this whole industry is a charade .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stay Vintage

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »
My Response To Jon Bravo

A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 07:07:52 AM »
bravo allready knows that redcon sponsors rx muscle.

knowing this, the whole point he's trying to make must be that rx muscle needs to stand alone and be independent

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »
Always wondered, Palumbo always says he dropped out of medical school after "almost" finishing(3 years), but the first step to getting INTO medical school is a Bachelors degree, which is mostly general education from art to music to math, although more of an emphasis on science and physiology courses but is NOT medical school. Given his age and having started competing in 1990, it doesn't even look like he even got the initial Bachelors degree to even apply to medical school.

Actually one year of pre -med.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 11:27:42 AM »
Actually one year of pre -med.
Pre med isn't an actual major or school, its a declaration of intended study,  it just means taking a sequence of courses usually over 2 years from Biology to Chemistry that are prerequisites to applying to medical school. So he took a year of advanced Chemistry and Biology courses in college. Still ALOT more than most bodybuilding experts. And he damn sure knows more about Bodybuilding physiology than most doctors. Wasn't hating on him, I like Palumbo, just was curious hearing vague references to "medical school".

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
Pre med isn't an actual major or school, its a declaration of intended study,  it just means taking a sequence of courses usually over 2 years from Biology to Chemistry that are prerequisites to applying to medical school. So he took a year of advanced Chemistry and Biology courses in college. Still ALOT more than most bodybuilding experts. And he damn sure knows more about Bodybuilding physiology than most doctors. Wasn't hating on him, I like Palumbo, just was curious hearing vague references to "medical school".

Clear, concise and solid post. 

J

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »

On top of that, MCAT scores, doubt anything that comes out of Dave’s mouth is true, all lies

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 06:41:26 AM »
On top of that, MCAT scores, doubt anything that comes out of Dave’s mouth is true, all lies

be specific

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 07:02:56 AM »

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »
he looks happy

what was he arrested for?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 07:55:12 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »
RED ALERT, ORDER 66 DAVE COLUMBO, I SAY AGAIN, RED ALERT!

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 10:09:56 AM »
Dave seems like a decent guy but clearly is a wannabe doctor. Just like those fake Navy Seals. Always follows the same profile. Usually a guy WAS in the military, but was a cook or some shit, probably got an honorable discharge, fantasized about being a Seal but knew he just didn't have what it took to get through that training. So they read about Seals, have Seal friends on facebook, and over time start believing, "Hey, I was almost a seal. I know shit only seals know". Same with wannabe cops, couldn't get through the academy but will always tell their friends(and anyone who will listen) about going through the academy and they were "just about" to become a cop, but they "pretty much" know what a cop knows. They ALWAYS want to talk shop with real cops, they use all the cop codes like, "Oh, you guys had a 211 the other day"

Palumbo loves having doctor Friends and probably badgers them when he goes for his bloodwork with all kinds of advanced questions, pretending its 2 doctors "talking shop". and over the years has increasingly started speaking on "aortic dissections and advanced nephrology, always using very specific medical terms. Problem is, he has NO background in medicine. He has taken The time to gather some great anecdotal evidence about bodybuilders health and could provide valuable info about what a bodybuilder should ASK his doctor(checking creatinine, Getting an eco cardiagram,etc), but I've actually seen him recommending MEDICATIONS for everything from high blood pressure to heart disease, something they wouldn't allow a real doctor to do until MANY MANY years of training, including medical residency with 19 hr days in ER rooms.

This is where it crosses the line. He's an average guy with a keen interest in health as it relates to bodybuilders.That's a noble endeavor. Leave it at that.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 07:29:37 AM »

Just telling it like it is / was.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »
Just telling it like it is / was.
You just said he was pre med. I told you how it is/was....you can be "premed" at a community college taking a Biology 101 course. Premed just means you're saying you want to be a doctor someday. Its not an actual achievement.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 08:05:13 AM »
You just said he was pre med. I told you how it is/was....you can be "premed" at a community college taking a Biology 101 course. Premed just means you're saying you want to be a doctor someday. Its not an actual achievement.

But didn’t Dave claim he was in fact in med school but didn’t finish?

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »

Yes, I agree completely with what you are saying, I'm trying to point out to all his level of education in the classroom setting. I cant recall where actually went to college likely because it doesn't matter. One year anywhere is very close to nothing, any knowledge he has is not likely from school.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »
But didn’t Dave claim he was in fact in med school but didn’t finish?
The lies and exaggerations are plentiful.

January 22, 2019
Bodybuilding.com interview with Palumbo

You completed three years of medical school. Do you have any intention of resuming your medical training? What areas of medicine are you interested in?

Palumbo - No, I didn't like working with sick people. I enjoy practicing preventative medicine and keeping healthy people, healthy!

HAHAHA...can you imagine them letting a 21 year old undergrad who hasn't even APPLIED to medical school treat or even be around sick patients?....MASSIVE medical malpractice...He didn't even finish his BACHELORS DEGREE AND THE MCATS to BEGIN medical training..what sick people was he around? He "practices" preventative medicine?....HAHAHAHAHA
He was "tired" of the sick patients at 21 years old when he dropped out.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 10:52:31 PM »
The lies and exaggerations are plentiful.

January 22, 2019
Bodybuilding.com interview with Palumbo

You completed three years of medical school. Do you have any intention of resuming your medical training? What areas of medicine are you interested in?

Palumbo - No, I didn't like working with sick people. I enjoy practicing preventative medicine and keeping healthy people, healthy!

HAHAHA...can you imagine them letting a 21 year old undergrad who hasn't even APPLIED to medical school treat or even be around sick patients?....MASSIVE medical malpractice...He didn't even finish his BACHELORS DEGREE AND THE MCATS to BEGIN medical training..what sick people was he around? He "practices" preventative medicine?....HAHAHAHAHA
He was "tired" of the sick patients at 21 years old when he dropped out.

He didn't finish college but he did invent palumboism!  We have to give credit where credit is due. :D

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 01:58:00 AM »
If someone says “pre-med” ask them how far They are in their Biology major and most wont even be accepted in one yet. Anyone who says pre-med hasn’t accomplished anything and just decided they want praise or need to fit in somewhere.

You can read as many pub-med or EBSCO scholarly journals as you want but NOTHING takes the place of on the job experience in the medical field.

Anytime I get into the doctors vs nurses debate it’s with someone who isn’t even in a program. Both professions respect each other in the field and both are different and do things the other cannot.

I can’t listen to Palumbo bc he gets into itty bitty details of physiology and sounds like a no it all. He needs to stick with talking about gear, eating, drugs, and living the dream from back in the day