Author Topic: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019  (Read 186669 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »
AND ... His first appearence on the Murray Show when Murray invited him down from the audiance and ended up giving him a big hug ... definitely had to be a figment of his imagnation.

Of course. Do we need to question such an obvious plot point?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2019, 06:57:40 PM »
AND ... His first appearence on the Murray Show when Murray invited him down from the audiance and ended up giving him a big hug ... definitely had to be a figment of his imagnation.

Lol, you didn’t notice the fantasy end, and flashback to the hospital? ??? ???
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2019, 09:38:37 PM »
Saw it tonight after so many friends gave it rave reviews. That might have been the problem because I saw it as an OK movie. Maybe had I not expected the movie of the year from the friends reviews I might have been more impressed. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »
Ronnie,

When I saw Heath Ledger play the role of Joker, I was downright amazed. I had never seen another actor embrace and become a character as much as he did.

Tell me if you thought Phoenix did similar or if he possibly surpassed what Ledger did.

Either way, excited to see it.

"1"

I've seen both and just saw Joker tonight. What I would have liked to see is Ledger in this role. I think his Joker is the best to date. Phoenix did a great job don't get me wrong, but for me he lacked the intensity Ledger brought. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »
NOTE: SPOILER ALERT !!!

I think that this was discussed earlier, but here in 'real Las Vega life' a good number of the local Joker move fans failed to notice the bloody footprints as he walked down the hallway at the end.

Apparently he killed her, but can any Joker movie fan explain why as she seemed to be attempting to help him out?

As as most of you Joker movie fans ae alread aware .... a lot of what appears on sceen was only 'real' within his imagination. Does anyone disagree with that?

I figured that out the first moment he met his female neighbor in the elevator, but a lot of movie fans continue to say that everything was real and not a figment of his imagination.

And no one here in  real life has even attempted to explain the Keystone-Cops-style-chase-scene at the movie's concluso.

I knew from point A his relationship with the girl was his imagination. Sure, I can believe he just walked into a side door of the theater with no security while a protest was going on outside  but a reasonably hot chick with a child interested in a guy who lives with his mom... not gonna happen

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2019, 12:43:57 PM »
Watched it today, excellent film.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »
I've seen both and just saw Joker tonight. What I would have liked to see is Ledger in this role. I think his Joker is the best to date. Phoenix did a great job don't get me wrong, but for me he lacked the intensity Ledger brought.

I've yet to see the movie, so I can't really judge Phoenix's performance yet.

But I can understand how you felt regarding Ledger's performance. I think his intensity was palpable. Granted, the soundtrack also helped in a big way as a supporting medium for his persona, but nonetheless, unlike any other portrayal I've seen to date of the Joker. Everything from the way he looked, the way his voice sounded, to even the deranged appearance he truly had. I truly feel that his real-life depression and drug abuse issues where spilling onto the big screen and that the character portrayal served as a partial outlet for his reality.

"1"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »
I've yet to see the movie, so I can't really judge Phoenix's performance yet.

But I can understand how you felt regarding Ledger's performance. I think his intensity was palpable. Granted, the soundtrack also helped in a big way as a supporting medium for his persona, but nonetheless, unlike any other portrayal I've seen to date of the Joker. Everything from the way he looked, the way his voice sounded, to even the deranged appearance he truly had. I truly feel that his real-life depression and drug abuse issues where spilling onto the big screen and that the character portrayal served as a partial outlet for his reality.

"1"

Watch it, or you’re banned

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
unoriginal film, remake of Taxi Driver mixed with King of Comedy

Phoenix is great in the role though..

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
Phoenix DID everything he could for this role.

He even skipped out on his daily Popeyes Chicken dinners!

Such dedication is rarely seen these days.
Q

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2019, 05:53:22 PM »
unoriginal film, remake of Taxi Driver mixed with King of Comedy

Phoenix is great in the role though..

Exactly and Dinero was in each of them.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant. On par with Ledger's Joker. I prefer Phoenix because his was closer to reality. Every one of his victims, "had it coming".

WallStreet schmucks
His adopted mother
Randall
And finally "Mur-Ray"

The writers knew what they were doing blurring the lines and providing psychotic justification.

Lesson learned....Treat others as you want to be treated. You can push incels only so far before they push back...."And ya get what ya fuckin' deserve!"

:-*

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #238 on: January 01, 2020, 04:51:30 PM »
I did not find it an "enjoyable" movie and Joaquin Phoenix was great portraying such a creepy character. I was expecting a more easy, action-type movie like Bat Man that I could just sit back and relax and enjoy. It was pretty deep and disturbing. I did relish the part when he put a bullet in Dinero's head.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2020, 04:53:59 PM »
Started watching it last night after our festivities and have to admit I got about 20 or so minutes in and fell asleep...  :P (whining tires me)

When does the retribution start please..?  (In the film, not for me falling asleep  ;D)
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2020, 02:57:42 PM »
If you read up a little before heading out to the movies, you should have a pretty good idea what it is about. Everything I've read and heard about the Joker indicated it is a psychological thriller and not an 'action' film.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2020, 04:43:24 PM »
Started watching it last night after our festivities and have to admit I got about 20 or so minutes in and fell asleep...  :P (whining tires me)

When does the retribution start please..?  (In the film, not for me falling asleep  ;D)

They keep it in the slow cooker quite awhile. Don't go in looking for a rollercoaster ride on a supervillain's intricate scheme.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
So far my desire to see this film is about the same as it would be to date any version of Bruce Jenner or any of the Karbdashian females, which is to say totally non-existent.  I also have never seen any version of "IT". 

To be honest, I prefer Mark Hamill's voicing of the character in some of the animated Batman shows.

I was grossed out by Jared Leto's interpretation of the Joker in "Suicide Squad" and in all honesty  I was momentarily lobotomized by that film.  Dumb flick and I was dumber to buy it, albeit for $10 on BluRay.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2022, 08:06:42 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2022, 08:32:39 PM »
Is the new Batman movie good?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2022, 10:40:13 PM »
Is the new Batman movie good?

It's not bad. The 3 hours is a little long but it doesn't drag.

I think the Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan series were great, so if you go in comparing this to those it may be disappointing. You have to view it as it's own character.

Its worth seeing.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
I'm batmanned out tbh.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2022, 10:56:31 PM »

zac fixed the SS's joker in one scene.  it's a paradox, so why we can't see batfleck and him in a standalone?

I don't know keoghan so the jury is still out on his joker.

kravitz blows as catwoman, just like i thought she would.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2022, 11:22:53 AM »

one of my favorite movies the joker was definitely a getbigger at heart.
F