Author Topic: Bob Chick vs. Rusty Jeffer vs. Pavol J  (Read 16494 times)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
Re: Bob Chick vs. Rusty Jeffer vs. Pavol J
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2007, 08:33:08 PM »
Chick, I think that you thought "lines" for your contest were what Kelly and Craig were snorting prior to their haul off to jail.  You were SOFT and SMOOTH.

Did you get a gift?  You and I both know you did.  BUT, you've put yourself out there enough on boards and as the I.F.B.B. representitive, you're a moving target for the haters on here. 

Come clean or don't come at all.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2007, 08:54:07 PM »
rofl...

bob would get owned by local natty bber's

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »
Bro...you're owned by anyone under 300 lbs.

Get a life, Loser..

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
From the perspective of front row center; Pavol was very impressive but just didn't have the flow and the lines. He also does not present as well as he once did. Rusty does have the thickness and size but lacks some of the aesthetics you look for overall.

Bob nailed it pure and simple. Everyone around me and everyone during the break between pre and finals commenting that the show belonged to Bob unless he really fell off during the finals. And he did not. Sometimes when someone walks out onto the stage you just know that they won. And this was the case this time for Bob. He came in at 110% and it all was at the right time. The judging also was not even close.

That is the perspective when you actually go to shows, you learn and see things differently. So even if you get out to just your local shows, please do it. After a few you will start seeing things differently. And you might have a lot more fun than just playing on the computer.

And for those of you who keep imaging that these shows are fixed. Sorry guys, no one cares enough to fix a show and there would be no money in it.
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »
So will the IFBB put on a masters show this year?  I would love to see Bob vs. Rusty this year that would be great!  :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »
None scheduled...not profitable for the promoters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2007, 10:44:46 PM »
Rusty is doing the Ironman in a few weeks. 

www.rustyjeffers.net

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »
Both were good...he had a better and more complete physique than some of the guys placed before him. I also had the  guy in 6th (Nathan Wonsley) in the top 5...never even looked or noticed Johnny Stewart, I thought Wonsley was better by far.

I always tended to place guys with better balance/ symmetry over guys that are missing parts but hve great conditioning...

agreed,, conditioning is based on what you've done in the last few weeks/days.. balance and symmetry is what you've done in the gym your whole life... years of training should be worth more then a few weeks of cardio

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2007, 01:04:37 AM »
None scheduled...not profitable for the promoters.

Bob, are you planning on competing in 2007 or you not gonna have time with the baby and all?? You reckon you could qualify for the olympia this year if you do ?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2007, 02:27:23 AM »
And for those of you who keep imaging that these shows are fixed. Sorry guys, no one cares enough to fix a show and there would be no money in it.

Not saying they are truly fixed but it makes you wonder when Coleman wins posing round after posing round and the guy for sure isn't known for his posing. I am sure if you see the scorecard to any show you will be left wondering how did this guy win or place so high in the posing round and then the guy who wins best poser doesn't even make the top 3-5 in that round.
I

jacked

• Getbig I
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2007, 06:08:56 AM »
Right from the jump anyone who knows anything about bb knows Jeffers got ripped off.  Bob looks about 8 weeks out. Jeffers has classic shape, no outstanding weaknesses and was way sharper.  Bobs physique looks like a train wreck.  Horrible.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2007, 06:46:31 AM »
both of them are smooth as a babies bottom..  ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 06:58:36 AM »
Vince Taylor would have owned everyone if he had done the contest.
I

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 07:06:20 AM »
This doesn't seem like a fix to me.  Bob looked good enough to argueably be the winner. 
Pavol is awesome but has looked better in other shows.  Will be good to see what Rusty brings to the Ironman.

Some of you guys just like to give Bob shit.

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:12 AM »
Rusty could really bring it in for the Iron Man. I think it is great he is doing that show.
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »

Totally wrong statement and inaccurate statement.  You bet there is money in it.  If a major sponsor is giving you $10,000+ in your pocket to support your show they are going to want something.  If not then there sponsorship money will either go away or be reduced greatly.  Being a company that sponsors a show that has a sponsored athlete will benefit a whole lot if their athlete wins the show.  This will help in marketing their product which in turn turns into revenue.  It happens all the time and especially nowadays.  Money will make you do allot.  That is why no show should have Manion in charge of the judging.  He should have absolutely no access to judges and be NO part of the selection process for the judges and absoultely should not be the headjudge at shows.  Not sure if he was present at the Montreal Pro last year (was he) but look at the judging there.  Only 5 judges and some other stuff that I can't remember happening there.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2007, 12:01:11 PM »
Everyone's going about this all wrong. The problem is not that Rusty should have destroyed Chick, it's that he was not even in the top 5 nor compared to Chick. Chick wasn't bad. Chick was NOT a piece of crap. He looked great and was clearly one of the best physiques there. Should Rusty have beaten Chick? Maybe, but he wasn't even given a chance to compete and THAT's the tragedy/fix.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »
Everyone's going about this all wrong. The problem is not that Rusty should have destroyed Chick, it's that he was not even in the top 5 nor compared to Chick. Chick wasn't bad. Chick was NOT a piece of crap. He looked great and was clearly one of the best physiques there. Should Rusty have beaten Chick? Maybe, but he wasn't even given a chance to compete and THAT's the tragedy/fix.

Doom agrees!  Bah!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
nasser=piece of shit

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
Of course it was fixed. Is there really any question that Chick was going to win? His sponsors didn't pay all that money to put the show on so their boy could come in second.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »
Of course it was fixed. Is there really any question that Chick was going to win? His sponsors didn't pay all that money to put the show on so their boy could come in second.

I repeat: the “IFBB Masters Professional World Champion” was not a real contest.  That particular contest/title never existed before 2006 and I’m fairly certain it will never be staged again.   ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
I repeat: the “IFBB Masters Professional World Champion” was not a real contest.  That particular contest/title did never existed before and I’m fairly certain it will never be staged again.   ::)

For some reason certain people don't want to believe it. I think there's a group of people that find it hard to believe that anyone would do anything nefarious, especially someone they interact with.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »
For some reason certain people don't want to believe it. I think there's a group of people that find it hard to believe that anyone would do anything nefarious, especially someone they interact with.

Alas, you are correct.  These are the same people who believe that Ted Haggard bought the crystal meth--but then threw it away without ever trying it.  And he only got a "massage" from Mike Jones.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »
I repeat: the “IFBB Masters Professional World Champion” was not a real contest.  That particular contest/title did never existed before and I’m fairly certain it will never be staged again.   ::)

What tittles did Taylor, Youngblood, Chick, And all these guys?
http://www.getbig.com/results/mens/mastersolympia.htm
Is it just a play on words?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »
Alas, you are correct.  These are the same people who believe that Ted Haggard bought the crystal meth--but then threw it away without ever trying it.  And he only got a "massage" from Mike Jones.

Don't forget that Clinton never actually inhaled, he just kept the smoke in his mouth and then blew it out.