Author Topic: Tables Turned! AG William Barr Appoints US Attorney to Look into FBI Probe  (Read 1098 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/13/attorney-general-william-barr-appoints-us-attorney-to-look-into-origins-of-fbi-probe/

Attorney General William Barr has assigned the United States attorney in Connecticut to look into the origins of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s probe into the Trump campaign, according to reports.

Barr has appointed John Durham for the assignment, according to the New York Times. Durham has a history of investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials.

Barr sent shockwaves through Washington after he acknowledged earlier this year during a hearing that he would review the origins of the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign, and again when he referred to those activities as “spying.”

Specifically, he has said he wants to review whether the FBI had appropriate predicate for spying on the Trump campaign, for example, when it sought a surveillance warrant against former campaign adviser Carter Page.

Barr’s assignment of Durham may indicate that his review of the origins warrants further investigation and action.

Separately, the DOJ’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, is due to issue a report on his findings on whether the FBI acted improperly when investigating the Trump campaign and launching an investigation in July 2016.

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions appointed the U.S. attorney in Utah, John Huber, to review aspects of the Russia investigation, but it is unclear what he has been investigating or has found.

Trump nominated Durham for his current position in 2017, and Durham has conducted special investigations under administrations of both parties, according to the Times.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Looking forward to the report in 2050.

mazrim

• Getbig V
Looking forward to the report in 2050.
Lol

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.
This is the THIRD probe I believe.
What's the problem? Who's paying for this bullshit?? We are.
Waste of time.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I don't normally think any of these things are more than politically motivated wastes of time.

But I do believe there might be some things uncovered on this one.

Either way, I won't obsess over it.
Y

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Finally the real investigation starts  :D
K

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.

But I do believe there might be some things uncovered on this one.

Either way, I won't obsess over it.
You might be right.

...but I'll partially obsess over it. If it gets juicy, I'll be knee deep in it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
This should be being celebrated more than it is.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He is supposedly independent, fair, and tough. 

Who is John Durham? Prosecutor tapped for Russia probe inquiry known as 'aggressive, tireless and fair'
By Brooke Singman | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-is-john-durham-prosecutor-russia-probe

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Hopefully he'll investigate the Ohrs too.

Nellie Ohr deleted emails sent from husband's DOJ account

Nellie Ohr, the wife of Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, told her husband she was deleting emails sent from his government account.

The revelation comes as both Ohrs remain under intense scrutiny for their ties to Fusion GPS and British ex-spy Christopher Steele, the author of the anti-Trump dossier that was used to obtain warrants to wiretap a member of President Trump's 2016 campaign.

Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch obtained a series of April 2016 emails from a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Justice Department that show a correspondence between the Ohrs, an aide to Bruce Ohr named Lisa Holtyn, and Stefan Bress, a first secretary at the German Embassy.

Emails previously released by Judicial Watch show Bruce Ohr acting as an unofficial back channel between the FBI and Steele. He was demoted when it was revealed he met with Steele and Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the opposition research firm Fusion GPS, which commissioned Steele's work. Ohr also told lawmakers his wife shared a thumb drive with him to hand over to the FBI.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nellie-ohr-deleted-emails-sent-from-husbands-doj-account

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
John Durham is going to treat the lying, treasonous Libidiots like Prudunce would treat Howard’s bunghole at a TBombz pajama party.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
You might be right.

...but I'll partially obsess over it. If it gets juicy, I'll be knee deep in it.

Like the NFL, you kneel before anything or anyone that lacks worthiness.  The game you have so willing chosen to play here is that of moral limbo.