Author Topic: The issues I still have talking to Trump supporters  (Read 1618 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The issues I still have talking to Trump supporters
« on: June 18, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
I can understand other people voting for different candidates and have different political views.
It's normal and even expected to promote your views and try to defeat the other side.

BUT, with Trumpers, they  will listen and only believe  news that favors Trump .
Plus, they refuse to believe ANYTHING that is negative about Trump, regardless of the facts.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The issues I still have talking to Trump supporters
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »
**fart noises**
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 03:10:01 PM »
I can understand other people voting for different candidates and have different political views.
It's normal and even expected to promote your views and try to defeat the other side.

BUT, with Trumpers, they  will listen and only believe  news that favors Trump .
Plus, they refuse to believe ANYTHING that is negative about Trump, regardless of the facts.

Trump himself said, the only correct polls are those that show him winning.
Any other polls are fake news...even if they come from the same pollster! WTF.

BY all means vote for Trump if you like him as President.
But calling anything negative "fake news" looks silly.

The other issue deals with his heated, insulting rhetoric and tweet rants.
When I ask Trumpers about that, they shrug it off and say ;" You just ignore that stuff."
Hmm, ok, but then I observe these same people at a Trump rally.
The cheers and chants from the crowd sure don't IGNORE Trump's insult filled rants.
Nope, they cheer and seem very enthusiastic. Hmmmmm?

The very same could be said for the Supporters of other politicians
That they believe what they like want to & ignore what they don’t.
It’s Not just some Trump supporters.
Just Look at MSM and the absolute twisted truths & lies it’s constantly
Pumping out.

No I’m not American - Though I do like Trump & most of what he does / stands for,
Yes he can act a little odd at times - He isnt a Polished career politician & isn’t politically
Correct at times & doesn’t Give much of damn about being that way - That’s what I like he says it as it is
& sometimes fucks up - Just like the rest of us.

I don’t want or like Slick Media Groomed Politically Correct Career Politicians.
There should be a time limit on being a politician 10/ 12/ 15yrs And you’re out,
Bring new people in.

We Need a Trump here in the U.K. & In Europe to sort out the Fcuking mess it’s in,
Though him being The POTUS has and is Having a Positive effect on European Politics.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
I dislike Trump although I think he's very funny sometimes.  Most recently, him throwing Mulvaney out of a meeting for coughing or sneezing brought a big smile to my face.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »
Fair enough, but it's the degree of blind loyalty that troubles me with Trumpers.
I've seen the same pollster be used and the Trumpers cheer when results favor him.
The, they  call the SAME POLLSTER "fake news" when the results don't favor Trump.

Trump himself just fired his internal pollster because he didn't like the results. WTF?
What's the old saying ; " If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger"

We’ll just end up going round & round here & that’s pointless.
Look at the Blind adulation & backing that Killary Got

The woman is pure evil lying filth incarnate.

I’m out of the thread if we can’t agree to disagree
As pot calling kettle black gets nowhere.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »
No question he does some funny stuff and the economy is booming .
If Trump was a complete train wreck he'd never been elected and have supporters.

BUT when I've asked any hardcore Trumper about his tweets and rants, they always say ;
" You just ignore that stuff." Then, they try to shrug it off as trivial.

Ok fine , but they sure don't ignore his controversial rants at a Trump rally.
They scream loudly and seem very excited and in total agreement with Trump.

Ok, based on that, I believe that they really like and agree with most of Trump's insults and rants.
I suspect they know those views are not easy to defend with a reasonable man like me.
So, they try to shrug it off as trivial and say to ignore it.

Really, none of it is ok.  It is beneath the office.  It is also dangerous to call political opponents enemies.  I fear for the future.  That there will be political violence on the horizon. 

Also, the economy was "booming" before he took office.  It's just that what he's done so far hasn't fucked it up.  Also, 1/2 of our country earns less than $30K per year.  That is really fucked up if not depressing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 05:25:51 PM »

Trump himself said, the only correct polls are those that show him winning.
Any other polls are fake news...even if they come from the same pollster! WTF.

BY all means vote for Trump if you like him as President.
But calling anything negative "fake news" looks silly.

The other issue deals with his heated, insulting rhetoric and tweet rants.
When I ask Trumpers about that, they shrug it off and say ;" You just ignore that stuff."
Hmm, ok, but then I observe these same people at a Trump rally.
The cheers and chants from the crowd sure don't IGNORE Trump's insult filled rants.
Nope, they cheer and seem very enthusiastic. Hmmmmm?

this is because they are willfully ignorant (we have mulitiple examples on this board) or they are just truly ignorant because they only watch Fox New

When Republican Justin Amash has a town hall meeting a few weeks ago to explain why he was in favor of impeaching Trump one of his voters (who also voter for Trump) was literally shocked to learn that there was anything negative about Trump in the Mueller report

I would bet that the majority of Trump supporters are just like her.

Cathy Garnaat, a Republican who supported Amash and the president said she was upset about Amash’s position but wanted to hear his reasoning. She said that she will definitely support Trump in 2020 but that Tuesday night was the first time she had heard that the Mueller report didn’t completely exonerate the president.

“I was surprised to hear there was anything negative in the Mueller report at all about President Trump. I hadn’t heard that before,” she said. “I’ve mainly listened to conservative news and I hadn’t heard anything negative about that report and President Trump has been exonerated.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-voter-surprised-learn-about-key-mueller-report-revelations

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 02:38:51 PM »

Also, the economy was "booming" before he took office. 

It was?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 05:19:01 PM »
Dow Jones went from around 6500 when Obama took office to a steady rise to 19,000 ,8 yrs later.

Job numbers grew and the USA auto industry came back from the dead during Obama's 1st term.
1) He couldn't have fucked it up any worse, he had no where to go but up.
2) Thanks to our tax dollars.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!