Author Topic: anyone seen this movie "Faces of Death" ?  (Read 3907 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: anyone seen this movie "Faces of Death" ?
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 02:54:17 AM »
Heard about how gruesome it was as a kid but didn't see it.  Years later saw it on Youtube and it was o.k. but not as bad as I thought it would be.  After seeing Cannibal Holocaust, The Green Inferno, The Human Centipede I-III, Salo (120 Days of Sodom), I Spit on Your Grave, Meghan is Missing, etc, etc, it takes a lot to disturb me.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 02:55:02 AM »
Haven't seen it but will check it out. I remember watching Cannibal Holocaust when I was around 12 and being disturbed by that.
As SF1900 has said though, the internet as desensitized us to horror films. Watching real horror is only a few clicks away. I was a teenager and remember getting pretty spooked when I saw stuff like 3 men and a hammer and Daniel Pearl's beheading. Now, videos such as those won't have the same impact.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 03:02:10 AM »
Fake or not I really hate this shit.
And really can't understand why people are so attracted by gore and cruelty, even on WhatsApp chat people are exchanging snuff shit.
Really makes you understand human nature unfortunately

Cause people are really fucked up individuals

Looks at all the murderers, serial killers, terrorists/drug cartels cutting off people’s heads, gutting out little kids while the father is forced to watch

Senseless

People should all go extinct

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 03:06:41 AM »

Looks at all the murderers, serial killers, terrorists/drug cartels cutting off people’s heads, gutting out little kids while the father is forced to watch

Senseless

So all people are murderers and serial killers?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 03:27:20 AM »
So all people are murderers and serial killers?

Didn’t say that

People in general should all go extinct though

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 03:39:33 AM »
A Serbian Film, Salo 120 days of Sodom and Men Behind the Sun are some movies for Getbiggers.
Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 03:51:11 AM »
A Serbian Film, Salo 120 days of Sodom and Men Behind the Sun are some movies for Getbiggers.
I forgot about A Serbian Film and Martyrs.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2019, 04:44:17 AM »

I actually had to pause "Men..." at one point to catch my breath. Hardcore.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
I actually had to pause "Men..." at one point to catch my breath. Hardcore.
Just added Men Behind The Sun to my viewing list.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
There was also “Traces of Death.”
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2019, 10:36:41 AM »
Anyone seen the Guinea Pig film series from Japan? During the 90's, Charlie Sheen saw one of the films in the series and contacted the FBI believing it was a genuine snuff film.
I saw all the films a few years back. Most are quite silly but well made.  

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
There was FOD 1 & 2 and they used to fly off the VHS rental shelves.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2019, 10:59:58 AM »

Here's the English dub of Unit 731: The Men Behind The Sun for those that want to see it with no hunting around.

Anyone seen the Guinea Pig film series from Japan? During the 90's, Charlie Sheen saw one of the films in the series and contacted the FBI believing it was a genuine snuff film.

Yes. Most old horror suffers from HD, and modern high quality viewing devices, but these were pretty well done for lower budget 80's - early 90's films. The one I remember the most was "Mermaid in A Manhole" -

I remember it was in the coming attractions in front of a Sonny Chiba action film, and that pairing bugged me out the rest of the night. 

You can find most of them on Youtube and Dailymotion now, and that's a good way to view them, as lot of old Japanese and Italian horror is more scene viewing, than actual film watching :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 11:01:05 AM »
Hostel fucked me up since that shit is real. eastern europe is creepy as fuck -
freddy cougar movies fucked me up - i was like 8 watching those things

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »
I saw some of those.  Most of the content was laughably fake, like the monkey brains sequence and that hilarious giant leech thing.  If you're after real nastiness, to go realgore dot com.  It's fucked up.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2019, 05:24:26 PM »

Senseless

This.

Humanity disgusts me.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »

Here's the English dub of Unit 731: The Men Behind The Sun for those that want to see it with no hunting around.

Yes. Most old horror suffers from HD, and modern high quality viewing devices, but these were pretty well done for lower budget 80's - early 90's films. The one I remember the most was "Mermaid in A Manhole" -

I remember it was in the coming attractions in front of a Sonny Chiba action film, and that pairing bugged me out the rest of the night. 

You can find most of them on Youtube and Dailymotion now, and that's a good way to view them, as lot of old Japanese and Italian horror is more scene viewing, than actual film watching :)

What exactly is going on in the mermaid scene?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2019, 07:00:57 PM »
What exactly is going on in the mermaid scene?

It's been a while, since I've seen it, but from what I remember it's about an artist that spends time in the sewers under Japan to get away from people. One day he's down there and finds a mermaid that he brings home, and tries to keep her, but she starts to rot. The rest of the film is him making "art" from pieces of her before she dies, and trying to keep it secret from the neighbors.

It's not a prize winner, more a "WTF is happening?" 1 watch type thing. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2019, 02:49:11 AM »
This.

Humanity disgusts me.
You know, you can watch videos and movies of people doing good, right?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2019, 03:21:09 AM »
I ended up seeing Faces of Death yesterday. It was tame overall and as others have pointed out, most scenes were clearly fake to the point that it surprises me anyone could think otherwise. I suppose it came out during a time when the public was more sincere. By adding some occasional real footage (such as from the abattoir), the producers also blurred the lines between what was genuine or not. An interesting and quite enjoyable film regardless.

It's been a while, since I've seen it, but from what I remember it's about an artist that spends time in the sewers under Japan to get away from people. One day he's down there and finds a mermaid that he brings home, and tries to keep her, but she starts to rot. The rest of the film is him making "art" from pieces of her before she dies, and trying to keep it secret from the neighbors.

It's not a prize winner, more a "WTF is happening?" 1 watch type thing.  

Yes, that's an accurate summary of the episode. Nothing to dissimilar to what you'd expect from The Twilight Zone of The Outer Limits but more gory.
The later episodes from the Guinea Pig series including Mermaid in a Manhole were more fictitious but the earlier ones attempted to be more authentic. It was the episode "Flower of Flesh and Blood" which Charlie Sheen thought was a real homicide. The episode is of a man kidnapping and dismembering a woman.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2019, 04:29:32 AM »

I can only remember Android Of Notre Dame or something... could be that I'm mixing things up of course.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
Ive heard of this cult movie that was released sometime in the early to mid 80's, which had real footage of people being killed in gruesome ways ie mauled to death by a lion, drownings, car crashes

never saw it because it was banned apparently- too hardcore/extreme

anyone verify its existence/seen it?

Yes. It exists.I dont remember it really well since the last time I saw was 30 plus years ago. If I remember It was fairly gruesome despite grainy footage. I think it showed the Mancini Duk Koo Kim fight. Also remember some villagers eating the brains out of a live monkey. torturing the poor animal. It's been forever since I've seen it.it was pre internet so its probably aged poorly and lame by today's standards.  I've seen worse shit posted on here though. Nothing is as fucking disgusting as those ISIS or Cartel executions.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
Yes. It exists.I dont remember it really well since the last time I saw was 30 plus years ago. If I remember It was fairly gruesome despite grainy footage. I think it showed the Mancini Duk Koo Kim fight. Also remember some villagers eating the brains out of a live monkey. torturing the poor animal. It's been forever since I've seen it.it was pre internet so its probably aged poorly and lame by today's standards.  I've seen worse shit posted on here though. Nothing is as fucking disgusting as those ISIS or Cartel executions.

Those are the worst.
Q

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
Agreed, Kwon.  Those evil bastards will use anything to decapitate someone:  chainsaws, machetes, axes, swords...there are images I wish I could bleach from my memory.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2019, 03:32:43 PM »
Fake or not I really hate this shit.
And really can't understand why people are so attracted by gore and cruelty, even on WhatsApp chat people are exchanging snuff shit.
Really makes you understand human nature unfortunately

this is what sells, and the news loves it
X