Author Topic: Cavill in The Witcher  (Read 11758 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Cavill in The Witcher
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2022, 03:25:26 AM »

That rage needs to be funneled into the bedroom.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2022, 08:38:34 PM »
A lot of people got up to leave once the credits started for Black Adam. I guess they couldn't hold it a couple minutes longer.

After years of pre-production purgatory, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Black Adam has finally arrived in theaters with the promise to change the hierarchy of the DCU.

But in a strange - yet strategic - twist, Johnson's Teth-Adam isn't even the most-talked-about character from the film.

That honor belongs to Henry Cavill's Superman whose post-credits cameo just may be Hollywood's worst-kept secret.

The real question is what his reprisal means for the DCU moving forward. And, interestingly enough, it sounds like Warner Bros. is asking the exact same question.

According to The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision, Henry Cavill's Superman contract for Black Adam was a one-off.

Therefore, at the moment, there's nothing on paper confirming additional DCU roles or his reprisal in that rumored Man of Steel 2 film, even though Warner Bros. is reportedly interested in both.

But if Cavill does sign on for more Superman projects, he won't be the only cape-wearing Kryptonian.

Amidst the Black Adam news, reports have also claimed that Warner Bros. is still moving forward with Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Superman movie.

Plus, Sasha Calle's Supergirl is still slated to make her DC debut in 2023's The Flash.

Dwayne Johnson wasn't wrong when he claimed the hierarchy of the DCU was about to change. But instead of Black Adam, he was the one to change it.

Following the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, the studio expressed its interest in more Superman and an MCU-inspired plan for the DCU moving forward. However, the details of the said plan were never revealed.

Fans now know that Dwayne Johnson had personally been fighting for Cavill's comeback and was finally successful in doing so under new studio leadership. But in Johnson getting his way, Warner Bros. Discovery has essentially told its audience that Henry Cavill is definitely still its Superman.

While the studio is seemingly embracing Cavill, Johnson's actions may have forced Warner Bros. to abandon its intentions for a new cohesive superhero universe a la MCU. After all, Cavill's Son of Krypton is a product of Zack Snyder's vision for the comic book universe with past DC credits to his name.

But what happens if Cavill chooses not to sign a new Superman contract with Warner Bros.? Where will that leave the universe and the studio then? And, how will Black Adam's potential franchise continue after that post-credits scene?

Unless Cavill is intent on returning no matter what, his interest in signing a new contract will likely depend on how well the film performs at the box office and how his cameo resonates with fans.

https://thedirect.com/article/henry-cavill-superman-contract-dc-new

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2022, 03:23:19 PM »
Netflix renews 'The Witcher,' recasts Liam Hemsworth as Geralt of Rivia

While The Witcher won't return until next year, Netflix has already renewed the show for a fourth season and announced a major change. On Saturday, the streaming giant said that Liam Hemsworth, best known for playing Gale Hawthorne in The Hunger Games film series, would replace Henry Cavill as protagonist Geralt of Rivia. The two actors posted about the casting change on social media.

"My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords," Cavill said on Instagram. "In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men.”

Cavill didn't share a reason for his departure. Earlier this week, the actor confirmed he would continue playing Superman following his recent cameo appearance in Black Adam. Netflix cast Cavill as Geralt of Rivia in 2018. In addition to lending his star power to the series, the actor brought a genuine love of the franchise with him that was apparent whenever he was interviewed about the role. "I really feel a connection to Geralt and who he is and his nature, especially from the books," he told Polygon in 2019. "And having played the game for many, many, many hours, it was something that I had a connection with."

Netflix did not share a release date for season four of The Witcher. Season three began filming earlier this year. At its recent Tudum fan event, the company said the show would return sometime in the summer of 2023. In the meantime, fans can look forward to watching The Witcher: Blood Origin, a prequel series starring Michelle Yeoh, starting on December 25th.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/netflix-renews-the-witcher-recasts-liam-hemsworth-as-geralt-of-rivia/ar-AA13winP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=90fc90b7db8c4248823bc22f1c1fcaf2

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2022, 08:30:53 AM »
Netflix renews 'The Witcher,' recasts Liam Hemsworth as Geralt of Rivia

While The Witcher won't return until next year, Netflix has already renewed the show for a fourth season and announced a major change. On Saturday, the streaming giant said that Liam Hemsworth, best known for playing Gale Hawthorne in The Hunger Games film series, would replace Henry Cavill as protagonist Geralt of Rivia. The two actors posted about the casting change on social media.

"My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords," Cavill said on Instagram. "In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men.”

Cavill didn't share a reason for his departure. Earlier this week, the actor confirmed he would continue playing Superman following his recent cameo appearance in Black Adam. Netflix cast Cavill as Geralt of Rivia in 2018. In addition to lending his star power to the series, the actor brought a genuine love of the franchise with him that was apparent whenever he was interviewed about the role. "I really feel a connection to Geralt and who he is and his nature, especially from the books," he told Polygon in 2019. "And having played the game for many, many, many hours, it was something that I had a connection with."

Netflix did not share a release date for season four of The Witcher. Season three began filming earlier this year. At its recent Tudum fan event, the company said the show would return sometime in the summer of 2023. In the meantime, fans can look forward to watching The Witcher: Blood Origin, a prequel series starring Michelle Yeoh, starting on December 25th.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/netflix-renews-the-witcher-recasts-liam-hemsworth-as-geralt-of-rivia/ar-AA13winP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=90fc90b7db8c4248823bc22f1c1fcaf2

This is outrageous! You can't replace the chad of chads with this little fanny. I shan't watch! Although, I guess it means he's going to be the next Bond, so that's awesome.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2022, 08:57:03 AM »
He looks like a lightweight.

Cavill was good in this role.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2022, 09:13:07 AM »

Don't worry about the witcher. I know I haven't watched it since the 1st season.  You saw it here first.  They are going to cast him as Aegon I and his Sister Wives when the Dance is over. HBO = WB = Discovey

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2022, 01:53:35 PM »
The Witcher: Blood Origin | Official Trailer

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2023, 12:15:32 AM »
The Witcher: Season 3 | Official Trailer

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2023, 05:48:39 AM »
He looks like a lightweight.

Cavill was good in this role.

You know why Cavill left Witcher?

He didn't like the way they were going with the series (not following the source-material that Cavill loves) and becoming wokey

He said he would have stayed for all seasons if they were true to the source content,

Henry Cavill Reportedly Left The Witcher Because the Writers Hated the Game, Wanted 'Future Episodes To Deviate Substantially from Source Material'

The Witcher drama that began with last year's October 30th announcement on Henry Cavill's Instagram has yet to die down,

Season two of the Witcher was not based on the source material and they also ruined a fan favorite character.

While we see the end result, Cavill gets to see behind the scenes and it definitely sounds even messier behind the scenes.

Season three will air in Summer 2023 and that might have the limit for Cavill.
He may not have liked the direction the show was going and decided to leave.

The news of Henry's exit was particularly surprising for fans who remember him once saying (via The Hollywood Reporter) that he was prepared to stay on board for seven whole seasons. However, there was a caveat to all this.

Cavill was happy to continue playing Geralt "as long as we can keep telling great stories which honour [author Andrzej] Sapkowski's work."
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2023, 06:09:48 AM »
Henry himself has actively fought to keep Netflix's The Witcher faithful to the books.

While promoting season two, Cavill told Total Film: "This season, I really wanted to make sure that we represented the book's Geralt more accurately, and that we saw him speak more. I pushed really, really hard for that."

That's really commendable and also reassuring for fans to hear, but on the flip side of that, why did Henry have to push "really, really hard" for this kind of accuracy in the first place?

However, new quotes from writer Beau DeMayo suggest that some of The Witcher team might not respect the source material in the same way that Henry so obviously does.

During a recent Instagram Q&A session (shared via The Direct), ex-The Witcher writer DeMayo claimed the following:

"I've been on a show – namely Witcher – where some of the writers were not or actively disliked the books and games (even actively mocking the source material).
It's a recipe for disaster and bad morale.
Fandom as a litmus test checks egos, and makes all the long nights worth it.

You have to respect the work before you're allowed to add to its legacy."

Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2023, 11:28:55 AM »
His co-actors are very sad that they will lose Cavill

He made the show!!!

Q

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2023, 04:34:14 PM »
yeah,,, the wife got me watching this... kinda liked it....  but it's always some fuckwad who thinks they're super-gifted or brilliant that fucks shit up..  happens at work,,, the military (no experience officers who graduated the academy so now they're Einstein). Too bad for the show ... and Cavill.. it's nice when you have actors the truly like what they're doing.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »
Congrats to Henry for sticking to his nerd guns.  He's going to be in a Warhammer40K show now, where he has some kind of creative control.  If they stay close to the source material it'll be quite insane(in a good way).

I heard Henry Cavill has a 13 inch dick.  Can Bevo confirm?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2023, 12:12:16 AM »
Congrats to Henry for sticking to his nerd guns.  He's going to be in a Warhammer40K show now, where he has some kind of creative control.  If they stay close to the source material it'll be quite insane(in a good way).

13 inches? He really is Superman.

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2023, 12:21:14 AM »

I've stood next to him at a urinal once. I accidentally looked over because I honestly thought he was holding an infant in both hands and trying to drown it or something. I can confirm it was easily 13 inches on the flop and thick as a Pringles tin. I zipped up and ran before I'd even stopped pissing.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2023, 12:39:52 AM »
I've stood next to him at a urinal once. I accidentally looked over because I honestly thought he was holding an infant in both hands and trying to drown it or something. I can confirm it was easily 13 inches on the flop and thick as a Pringles tin. I zipped up and ran before I'd even stopped pissing.
:-[ :-\ :-X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2023, 06:03:35 AM »

I can confirm, i was jacking one off in one of the cubicles/bushes
Q

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2023, 07:01:26 PM »
You never know WTF is true anymore. Netflix says Henry is still playing  Geralt in season 3.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2023, 08:02:21 PM »

"On the flop" hahahaha  Sounds like something a white Englishman would say...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2023, 08:18:07 PM »
You never know WTF is true anymore. Netflix says Henry is still playing  Geralt in season 3.

Yeh, last season for Cavill, next Season is where Liam takes over
Q

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2023, 12:45:06 PM »
This season is a load of shit; I'll probably not even finish it. I'm left wondering now if it always sucked and I just got carried away in fantasizing about shagging some of the women (see, e.g. Francesca Findabair). Glad that Cavill decided to tell the writers to fuck off.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2023, 01:10:42 PM »
This season is a load of shit; I'll probably not even finish it. I'm left wondering now if it always sucked and I just got carried away in fantasizing about shagging some of the women (see, e.g. Francesca Findabair). Glad that Cavill decided to tell the writers to fuck off.

Disappointed to hear that.  I'm watching Season 2 now and enjoying it.  Did you like Season 2?

Some nice snatch on this show for sure.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2023, 01:12:20 PM »
"On the flop" hahahaha  Sounds like something a white Englishman would say...

Dude, his name is mohomad, he is an Englishman!

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2023, 01:38:55 PM »
Disappointed to hear that.  I'm watching Season 2 now and enjoying it.  Did you like Season 2?

Some nice snatch on this show for sure.

Yeah, I binged the first two and really enjoyed them. I'm not sure if I'm just not in the mood for it right now or if season three is genuinely shit. I'm three episodes in and bored, and the characters are all pissing me off too.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2023, 01:49:16 PM »
watched two episodes first series

verdict.. a load of shite