Author Topic: Anti-American  (Read 23149 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Anti-American
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
Yep.  The media and the Democrat Party are one and the same. 

Have you remembered to include FOX in your observation?

Even Trump’s Fox News allies admit his Ukraine call was problematic
By Ephrat Livni in Washington DCOctober 5, 2019

...even some of his most vocal supporters admit that Trump’s Ukraine dealings, which sparked an impeachment inquiry, are highly problematic.

https://qz.com/1722711/even-trumps-fox-news-allies-admit-his-ukraine-call-is-problematic/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2019, 12:04:52 PM »
Have you remembered to include FOX in your observation?

Even Trump’s Fox News allies admit his Ukraine call was problematic
By Ephrat Livni in Washington DCOctober 5, 2019

...even some of his most vocal supporters admit that Trump’s Ukraine dealings, which sparked an impeachment inquiry, are highly problematic.

https://qz.com/1722711/even-trumps-fox-news-allies-admit-his-ukraine-call-is-problematic/

What is it about this Fox article that makes them anti-American?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
What is it about this Fox article that makes them anti-American?

Don't get what you are saying. Where did I suggest that FOX is anti-American?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
Don't get what you are saying. Where did I suggest that FOX is anti-American?

You posted the article in a thread about anti-Americans.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »
You posted the article in a thread about anti-Americans.

Uh oh - my bad. My senior moments are coming fast and furious.  :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2019, 07:21:39 PM »
Disgusting.

The Washington Post faces backlash for headline calling ISIS terrorist 'austere religious scholar'
Jeanine Santucci, USA TODAY  Published 28, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/28/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-washington-post-austere-headline/2483340001/
Can you believe this shit.  POS.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »
Can you believe this shit.  POS.

These are the folks that a lot of people rely on for news.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2019, 08:31:09 AM »
An anti-American serving in Congress.  Crazy. 

"I am beyond honored and excited for a president that will fight against Western imperialism and fight for a just world … I am excited for president Bernie Sanders."

Omar: Bernie Will ‘Fight Against Western Imperialism.’ Here’s What That Could Mean.
By  Ryan Saavedra
NOVEMBER 4TH, 2019
https://www.dailywire.com/news/omar-bernie-will-fight-against-western-imperialism-heres-what-that-could-mean

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2019, 07:10:17 PM »
Shreveport Mayor Tells First Responders Not to Help When Trump Visits
posted by Ken Webster jr -  Nov 13, 2019

Update: new reports reveal the mayor of Shreveport has gone into full defense mode, telling outlets he will provide “some” help with Trump’s visit.

——-

Shreveport Police and Firefighters have been ordered not do their jobs and assist with President Trump's visit to Bossier City this week.

First responders from Northwest Louisiana were planning to help prepare for Donald Trump's rally at the CenturyLink Center this week but the Mayor of Shreveport, Democrat Adrian Perkins, has ordered them not to get involved, according to multiple news outlets.

This order pertains to traffic control and the fire department bomb squad.

Wow! The Mayor of Shreveport wants people in Northwest Louisiana to be less safe? Sounds like another corrupt Democrat is running his mouth again.

Not surprisingly, local residents are pissed.

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/the-pursuit-of-happiness/content/2019-11-13-shreveport-mayor-tells-first-responders-not-to-help-when-trump-visits/?fbclid=IwAR31ZlxDLIPyNp2AnHZagN9XHOZbmz_oxARLAdXA2nigoetyZ0e9igdAFDY

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
Shreveport Mayor Tells First Responders Not to Help When Trump Visits
posted by Ken Webster jr -  Nov 13, 2019

Update: new reports reveal the mayor of Shreveport has gone into full defense mode, telling outlets he will provide “some” help with Trump’s visit.

——-

Shreveport Police and Firefighters have been ordered not do their jobs and assist with President Trump's visit to Bossier City this week.

First responders from Northwest Louisiana were planning to help prepare for Donald Trump's rally at the CenturyLink Center this week but the Mayor of Shreveport, Democrat Adrian Perkins, has ordered them not to get involved, according to multiple news outlets.

This order pertains to traffic control and the fire department bomb squad.

Wow! The Mayor of Shreveport wants people in Northwest Louisiana to be less safe? Sounds like another corrupt Democrat is running his mouth again.

Not surprisingly, local residents are pissed.

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/the-pursuit-of-happiness/content/2019-11-13-shreveport-mayor-tells-first-responders-not-to-help-when-trump-visits/?fbclid=IwAR31ZlxDLIPyNp2AnHZagN9XHOZbmz_oxARLAdXA2nigoetyZ0e9igdAFDY
What a piece of shit. Should be removed from office.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »
Dangerous times.

‘I Actually Have Some Civil Rights Here Too’: Defiant Devin Nunes Fires Back At Schiff Phone Record Subpoena
SCOTT MOREFIELD
REPORTER
December 04, 2019

Republican California Rep. Devin Nunes fired back at Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff during Wednesday night’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” calling his phone record subpoena a violation of his “civil rights.”

Schiff, the House Intelligence Committee chairman, released his committee’s impeachment inquiry report Tuesday, which revealed the acquisition of several personal phone records of conversations involving Nunes, investigative reporter John Solomon, and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani.

“He has subpoena power,” Nunes told Fox News host Tucker Carlson when asked how it happened. “So when the Democrats gained control, they have subpoena power. We knew he had issued – he notified us that he had subpoenaed some phone numbers. We didn’t know who those numbers were. And, of course, because it’s … classified, we can’t talk about it.”

“Could they do that for my phone records and your phone records?” Tucker asked.

“It appears like they could,” said Nunes. “If Adam Schiff now wants to go out and subpoena, they have now set a precedent where Adam Schiff can go and get any phone number he has, send it to AT&T and AT&T is going to comply.”

Nunes told Carlson that he was unaware of “any previous time” where the House Intelligence Committee had subpoenaed phone numbers. (RELATED: Devin Nunes Yields To Adam Schiff ‘For Story Time Hour’)

“And because I had talked to Rudy Giuliani and somehow that’s now a crime, and then I make it into his report,” said Nunes. “We spent the last three years, if any Republican ever talked to any Russian at any time, even if you are Russian-American, that was a no-no. Then we were criticized. We switched to Ukraine. If you talk to any Ukrainian that’s now a crime. Now I can’t even talk to Rudy Giuliani, who I have known for 10 years. That’s supposedly a crime. And I’m in his report for supposedly doing something wrong. So this is — this is wrong. And what is happening, whatever is happening in this town is wrong and look, I’m going to look at whatever legal remedies I have. Because I actually have some civil rights here too.”

“If they can do it to you, then what protection do we have?” asked Carlson.

“They can do it to you,” Nunes said.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/04/devin-nunes-adam-schiff-phone-records/

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 02:10:43 AM »
Dangerous times.

‘I Actually Have Some Civil Rights Here Too’: Defiant Devin Nunes Fires Back At Schiff Phone Record Subpoena
SCOTT MOREFIELD
REPORTER
December 04, 2019

Republican California Rep. Devin Nunes fired back at Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff during Wednesday night’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” calling his phone record subpoena a violation of his “civil rights.”

Schiff, the House Intelligence Committee chairman, released his committee’s impeachment inquiry report Tuesday, which revealed the acquisition of several personal phone records of conversations involving Nunes, investigative reporter John Solomon, and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani.

“He has subpoena power,” Nunes told Fox News host Tucker Carlson when asked how it happened. “So when the Democrats gained control, they have subpoena power. We knew he had issued – he notified us that he had subpoenaed some phone numbers. We didn’t know who those numbers were. And, of course, because it’s … classified, we can’t talk about it.”

“It appears like they could,” said Nunes. “If Adam Schiff now wants to go out and subpoena, they have now set a precedent where Adam Schiff can go and get any phone number he has, send it to AT&T and AT&T is going to comply.”

Nunes told Carlson that he was unaware of “any previous time” where the House Intelligence Committee had subpoenaed phone numbers. (RELATED: Devin Nunes Yields To Adam Schiff ‘For Story Time Hour’)

“And because I had talked to Rudy Giuliani and somehow that’s now a crime, and then I make it into his report,” said Nunes. “We spent the last three years, if any Republican ever talked to any Russian at any time, even if you are Russian-American, that was a no-no. Then we were criticized. We switched to Ukraine. If you talk to any Ukrainian that’s now a crime. Now I can’t even talk to Rudy Giuliani, who I have known for 10 years. That’s supposedly a crime. And I’m in his report for supposedly doing something wrong. So this is — this is wrong. And what is happening, whatever is happening in this town is wrong and look, I’m going to look at whatever legal remedies I have. Because I actually have some civil rights here too.”

Telephone calling records have been subject to search for a considerable time.  I believe there is a legal basis in that there is no expectation of privacy of calling records,…because you are making it known to a third party, (the telephone company) by dialing the number of whom you are calling.

As I understand it…the legal precedent was set when calls were connected by human operators shoving plugs into jacks,… you had to tell the operator the number and thus you had no expectation of privacy…she would make a paper trail of the call.  

When telephones got dials, local calls were routed by large arrays of mechanical switches…(the first computer logic was based on telephone switching offices). With the exception of long distance which were still handled by human operators (who timed calls with the same timers that pool rooms used to time pool table use) no routine record was kept of local telephone calls.

To obtain a record of who people called locally became something you had to seek out by installing a device called a “pen register” on the line in question. If you refer back to the earlier telephone era of human operators whom the callers had to tell the number that they were calling…only now you are dialing the number into the switching system…with no expectation of privacy.

Enter into the scene ESS…electronic switching systems…controlled by computers.  Calls are always super clear, easy to understand, with lots of neat new things that the telephone can do.

Such as:
  • You dial someone and if the line is busy…when the person you called hangs-up the  system will call you back and connect you.
  • You can see the number of who is calling you.
  • If you are going to the gym you can have the system forward your calls to the gym’s front desk.
And many more.
All this requires the system to remember the numbers of whom you are calling,…with no expectation of privacy.

Fast forward to the cell phone era:
  • Like wired telephones you have to tell the system (dial) the number you want to call.
  • The system in order to route calls it has to know which tower you are closest to (your cell phone reports to the nearest tower every six seconds)…so the system knows where you are.
All with no expectation of privacy because originally you had to talk to human operators to route calls.

I'm no lawyer, but this doesn't pass the sniff test.

We have every expectation of privacy when talking on the phone - in general at least.  If I'm blabbing away in public where anyone can sit there and listen, then maybe not.  If I'm at home talking to my doctor or wife, then there's no question we have an expectation of privacy.

Not your conversation...Whom did you call? When? For how long? Where did you call from? Where was the person you called when you talked to him?...Those records.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »
Dangerous times.

SCOTT MOREFIELD
REPORTER
December 04, 2019

Rand Paul: Ban Congress from seeking members', journalists' phone data
"Nobody should get your phone records. This is a big deal," he told reporters.
By BURGESS EVERETT
12/09/2019

Sen. Rand Paul is working on changes to congressional rules that would prohibit committee chairmen and congressional subpoenas from sweeping up phone call data of journalists and members of Congress.

The move was prompted by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), whose committee obtained phone records from both Intelligence ranking member Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and conservative journalist John Solomon in the course of its investigation of other people.

Paul told reporters on Monday evening that he is working on revisions to committee rules because “nobody should get your phone records. This is a big deal, this is a huge deal.” The Kentucky Republican also gently scolded journalists for not rebelling against Schiff, arguing it would be easy enough to subpoena suspected journalists’ sources to sweep up their call info.

“There hasn’t been enough calls from some of you people about protecting your own,” Paul told a handful of reporters. “Congress has no rules … it’s not illegal for Adam Schiff to do this. It’s highly immoral or unfair for him to do it. No one else has ever done it to another member or a journalist. I think we need to change the rules.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/09/rand-paul-ban-congress-phone-data-079549

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »
Source: Democrat Senator Held Secret Meeting In Munich With Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif
FEBRUARY 17, 2020
By Mollie Hemingway

Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and other Democratic senators had a secret meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during the Munich Security Conference last week, according to a source briefed by the French delegation to the conference. Murphy’s office did not respond to repeated requests for comment by press time.

Such a meeting would mean Murphy had done the type of secret coordination with foreign leaders to potentially undermine the U.S. government that he accused Trump officials of doing as they prepared for Trump’s administration. In February 2017, Murphy demanded investigations of National Security Advisor Mike Flynn because he had a phone call with his counterpart-to-be in Russia.

“Any effort to undermine our nation’s foreign policy – even during a transition period – may be illegal and must be taken seriously,” Murphy said in 2017 after anonymous leaks of Flynn’s phone call with Russian ambassador Sergey Kisylak were published. He also strongly criticized the open letter some Republican senators sent Iranian leaders during the Obama administration’s campaign for a nuclear agreement.

However, Murphy has previously defended rogue meetings if they’re done by Democrats such as former Secretary of State John Kerry.

“Unless it was authorized by the president or secretary of state, conducting independent foreign policy sends mixed signals to our adversaries,” said Christian Whiton, former State Department senior advisor in the Trump and George W. Bush administrations. “It seems very unpalatable. If we want to talk to Iranians, they know how to reach us and they don’t need to go through an intermediary.”

A State Department official who spoke on background said that the State Department was not aware of any side meetings with Iranian officials that Murphy was engaged in.

The Munich Security Conference, an annual forum on international security policy, welcomes hundreds of world leaders each February. This year’s conference featured robust debate on the United States’ maximum pressure policy against Iran, China’s handling of the coronavirus and technology concerns, and the European alliance with the United States. Other Democrat senators at the conference included Sens. Robert Menendez of New Jersey and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. Former Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts also attended.

Both Murphy and Zarif spoke publicly during a two-hour session on Middle East policy, with Murphy and Zarif both fiercely criticizing U.S. policy.

President Donald Trump has reoriented American policy in the Middle East away from President Barack Obama’s friendly posture toward Iran. He departed from Obama’s Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, a nuclear arrangement with the Republic of Iran that was not ratified by the United States Senate.

Trump has exerted instead a “maximum pressure” campaign against the regime, with 12 demands on Iran before a new deal is reached. Those demands include a full account of its nuclear program, ending its proliferation of ballistic missiles, releasing all U.S. citizens held on spurious charges, ending support to terrorist groups, withdrawal of forces in Syria, and cessation of its threatening behavior against its neighbors.

The “maximum pressure” campaign of sanctions has devastated the Iranian economy, which is in recession and faces rising inflation. It has made it difficult for Iran to pay foreign fighters engaged in supported terror operations. Iranians have taken to the streets in protest.

Iran recently killed an American contractor in Iraq and the United States killed Iranian general Qassim Suleimani, a top Iranian leader who was responsible for the killing and maiming of thousands of U.S. soldiers. Iran’s retaliatory strike for that killing resulted in no U.S. deaths, but the country did shoot down a Ukrainian passenger plane then lied about it for days.

At the conference, Zarif said official retaliation for the killing of Suleimani had ended, although he suggested independent attacks from others in the country might follow.

Murphy is a frequent speaker at the National Iranian American Council, a lobbying group with alleged links to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Republican Sens. Mike Braun of Indiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, and Ted Cruz of Texas recently asked the Department of Justice for potential violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

They wrote that the influential lobbying group “purports to improve understanding between American and Iranian people but in reality seems to spread propaganda and lobby on behalf of the Iranian government.” Evidence indicates that evidence Zarif himself was involved in founding the group.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/17/source-democrat-senator-held-secret-meeting-in-munich-with-iranian-foreign-minister-zarif/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
We are surrounded by anti-American zealots.

Impeachment Manager Adam Schiff Wants ‘9/11 Commission’ on Coronavirus: ‘What Went Wrong’?
JOEL B. POLLAK  1 Apr 2020
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/04/01/impeachment-manager-adam-schiff-wants-9-11-commission-on-coronavirus-what-went-wrong/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »

Impeachment Manager Adam Schiff Wants ‘9/11 Commission’ on Coronavirus: ‘What Went Wrong’?
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/04/01/impeachment-manager-adam-schiff-wants-9-11-commission-on-coronavirus-what-went-wrong/

I'm done with all these commissions. They rarely change anything and they cost us tax payers dearly. Also, it seems like the time to do this could be put to better use, specially right now. Looking for someone to blame is not progressive thinking.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 03:05:31 PM »
I'm done with all these commissions. They rarely change anything and they cost us tax payers dearly. Also, it seems like the time to do this could be put to better use, specially right now. Looking for someone to blame is not progressive thinking.

:o

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2020, 06:22:29 PM »
Remember this anti american piece of shit?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2020, 07:00:23 PM »
Remember this anti american piece of shit?

What does the Republican platform from 64 years ago have to do with what is happening today with the anti-American zealots?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
What does the Republican platform from 64 years ago have to do with what is happening today with the anti-American zealots?

That platform from 64 years ago (thanks for doing the math) would truly "Make America Great Again".  But, I think you already know that.  You just like to show everyone here how darn clever you are. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »

Adam misses the spot light.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:39 PM »
That platform from 64 years ago (thanks for doing the math) would truly "Make America Great Again".  But, I think you already know that.  You just like to show everyone here how darn clever you are. 

America was already great again before the coronavirus mass hysteria. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2020, 08:27:59 PM »
Adam misses the spot light.

Yep.  Although he's fortunate this mass hysteria has taken the spotlight off the continually crumbling Russian Manchurian Candidate Conspiracy Theory.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2020, 10:42:16 PM »
Yep.  Although he's fortunate this mass hysteria has taken the spotlight off the continually crumbling Russian Manchurian Candidate Conspiracy Theory.

Nothing more anti-american than the current police state we all willingly allow

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/how_a_police_state_is_born.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2020, 01:40:46 PM »
Nothing more anti-american than the current police state we all willingly allow

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/how_a_police_state_is_born.html

I do not like what I've been seeing.  It's essentially martial law, without people so much as batting an eye.