Author Topic: 2019 Olympia - Bumstead only gettin 1500 cals on final week  (Read 7149 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Bumstead only gettin 1500 cals on final week b4 olympia
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 04:52:37 PM »
Tuna straight out da can was a staple for me.....hated it,but it worked nicely.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »
MINDSET!

Up until depletion my calories were at 2500 give or take broken down in 45/40/15. Drop to 25-30grms of carbs in the way of the cabbage from the saturday before the show until wednesday, start a slow carb up all day thursday, more on friday, friday night around 8pm HUGE meal consisting if of a 14oz rib eye, lrg baked potato, frys and a loaf of sourdough bread. Cut water at 10pm, 11pm (still friday night) 2 Mcdonalds burgers w/o cheese, lrg fry.

Woke up the next morning the day of the show dry as a fucking bone. No water until after pre-judging then just limited to 20oz until the night show.

This is sad to admit but for me to attain this state I need a night out partying, go to sleep and then wake up with that dry look. I’m guessing all the alcohol consumed acts as a dieuretic?

That definitely worked out for you on that last show. Christ dude

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »
This is sad to admit but for me to attain this state I need a night out partying, go to sleep and then wake up with that dry look. I’m guessing all the alcohol consumed acts as a dieuretic?

That definitely worked out for you on that last show. Christ dude
Alcohol`s a diuretic.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 05:12:16 PM »
Shit,I`ve been down to 800 cals for a few days pre-contest..............1500 not a big deal at all.
800? That's breakfast.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 05:42:12 PM »
MINDSET!

Up until depletion my calories were at 2500 give or take broken down in 45/40/15. Drop to 25-30grms of carbs in the way of the cabbage from the saturday before the show until wednesday, start a slow carb up all day thursday, more on friday, friday night around 8pm HUGE meal consisting if of a 14oz rib eye, lrg baked potato, frys and a loaf of sourdough bread. Cut water at 10pm, 11pm (still friday night) 2 Mcdonalds burgers w/o cheese, lrg fry.

Woke up the next morning the day of the show dry as a fucking bone. No water until after pre-judging then just limited to 20oz until the night show.

What is your off-season calorie amount? Is it 2500 or more? How clean do you eat off-season?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »
800? That's breakfast.
Just a snack for you big guy !   :-*

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »

Did you ever run into Jeff King with his Avon Tupperware meals?  He was ahead of his time!

I also remember Vic Terra at some show drinking wine back stage before he went on.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 06:20:48 PM »
Did you ever run into Jeff King with his Avon Tupperware meals?  He was ahead of his time!

I also remember Vic Terra at some show drinking wine back stage before he went on.
Jeff always brought meals to the gym.

Wine is supposed to increase vascularity just like Niacin.................. never met Victor but do you remember Teddy Lopes ?

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
While having a standoff with the 7th Cavalry, three SWAT-teams and Boba Fett and Dogg the Bounty Hunter!

Don’t even get me started on the time I flew this thing called an Xwing fighter - and single handedly destroyed this planet sized weapon. I basically closed my eyes and fired these phaser like shots. It’s kind of complicated but in summary my mother died at birth and my twin sister and I were separated to keep my father away. He had some severe anger issues - and was an opiate addict after being severely burned shortly before my birth. I have been highly - and I do mean highly trained by this dwarf (but trust me he is no regular dwarf the dude was a total badass).
Anyway - it’s a long story and I really never tell long stories - plus I really don’t like talking about myself and DEFINITELY don’t brag about fantasies that I desperately wish were true so that I could fit in and be one of the cool kids.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 06:28:38 PM »
LOL  ;D

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »

Wine is supposed to increase vascularity just like Niacin.................. never met Victor but do you remember Teddy Lopes ?

Dude - first show I did I had absolutely ZERO clue about what I was doing. So I dieted and everybody in the gym and my family were telling me how shredded I was and how I was easily going to win. Lol
So I get to the athletes meeting and everyone is covered up but one dude took off his sweat shirt for a sec and ole Marv went into panic mode. I went back to hotel room and took lasix in a desperate attempt to rip up more. Which only made me look worse by morning. Flat as pancake and looking horrible. Refused to drink anything - brain is killing me - then backstage I literally cannot get a pump so I am working out like it’s America Ninja Warrior and I remember someone saying drink wine for vascularity. So I get a bottle that I had for my “celebration - LOL” after the show and I start drinking. Needless to say I was HAMMERED and miserable. Came in 3rd - which was a MAJOR GIFT cause I was horrible.
Never again used anything but 1/2 dyazide (maybe once or twice took the other half in morning)
The day after that first show I had drunk 3 maybe 4 pitchers of tea and my legs looked like roadmaps with the veins. Still can’t really drink dark red wine 25 years later

**** that first show I took Lasix not dyazide. Never touched that shit again

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »

same here

1. turn upside down and drain it
2. add hot sauce
3. add a few sunflower seeds

eat right out of the can and the minute i was finished...... brush my teeth  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:37 PM »
Dude - first show I did I had absolutely ZERO clue about what I was doing. So I dieted and everybody in the gym and my family were telling me how shredded I was and how I was easily going to win. Lol
So I get to the athletes meeting and everyone is covered up but one dude took off his sweat shirt for a sec and ole Marv went into panic mode. I went back to hotel room and took lasix in a desperate attempt to rip up more. Which only made me look worse by morning. Flat as pancake and looking horrible. Refused to drink anything - brain is killing me - then backstage I literally cannot get a pump so I am working out like it’s America Ninja Warrior and I remember someone saying drink wine for vascularity. So I get a bottle that I had for my “celebration - LOL” after the show and I start drinking. Needless to say I was HAMMERED and miserable. Came in 3rd - which was a MAJOR GIFT cause I was horrible.
Never again used anything but 1/2 dyazide (maybe once or twice took the other half in morning)
The day after that first show I had drunk 3 maybe 4 pitchers of tea and my legs looked like roadmaps with the veins. Still can’t really drink dark red wine 25 years later

**** that first show I took Lasix not dyazide. Never touched that shit again
Hey,with all that going on,3 rd. place,gift or not was cool.  :)

We always look better a few days after a show.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 06:42:39 PM »
same here

1. turn upside down and drain it
2. add hot sauce
3. add a few sunflower seeds

eat right out of the can and the minute i was finished...... brush my teeth  ;D
YUP !!  ;D

I`ve tried to mix it with every kind of food imaginable.............. ..ate so much of it,I ended up just putting it into my mouth,a few chews,and wash it down with water.........like taking a pill.

So many cans over time,that I felt like a cat eating cat food.................... ......NASTY !! 

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »
Hey,with all that going on,3 rd. place,gift or not was cool.  :)

We always look better a few days after a show.

Trust me dude I only got 3rd because 4th was Jason Blaha and 5th was Genova. The gap between me and first was wider than —— (insert insult here)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
What is your off-season calorie amount? Is it 2500 or more? How clean do you eat off-season?

I posted my current diet on the “what did you eat yesterday” thread. I eat very clean but if I want something I’ll have it. Usually 2-3 cheat meals per week but I’m probably right around 4500

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »
Trust me dude I only got 3rd because 4th was Jason Blaha and 5th was Genova. The gap between me and first was wider than —— (insert insult here)
Don`t feel bad,those guys beat me before too. 

ME TOO !  ;D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 07:02:23 PM »

Wes that name rings a bell. Did he ever work the desk at Golds?  Did you ever train at that warehouse gym in Ludlow?  A teenage nationals winner worked that entrance desk area. Kid was huge!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 07:04:27 PM »
From 1996 to 2000,  I only ate  tuna ,rice  , eggs and whey  (six times a day) , I used to wait until the tuna was on sale  for $0.30  and I would buy 300 -400 cans at once  , what a fucking idiot  :D.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
From 1996 to 2000,  I only ate  tuna ,rice  , eggs and whey  (six times a day) , I used to wait until the tuna was on sale  for $0.30  and I would buy 300 -400 cans at once  , what a fucking idiot  :D.
Dude,I bought 6 cases once! ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »
Wes that name rings a bell. Did he ever work the desk at Golds?  Did you ever train at that warehouse gym in Ludlow?  A teenage nationals winner worked that entrance desk area. Kid was huge!
I`m not sure if he ever worked at Golds.

I`ve been in the Ludlow gym,but never trained there.

The kid you`re talking about was probably Matt Dufresne.......won the Teen Nats,USA,America, and NABBA UNniverse.

Here`s Teddy Lopes brothers resume:

Tony Lopes

Mr Atlantic States - AAU, Teen Overall Winner
Mr Atlantic States - AAU, Teen Tall, 1st
Mr East Coast - AAU, Teen Overall Winner
Mr East Coast - AAU, Teen Tall, 1st
Mr New England - AAU, Tall, 2nd
Teen Mr USA - AAU, HeavyWeight, 2nd

Mr USA - AAU, Tall, 2nd

Junior Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 9th

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
From 1996 to 2000,  I only ate  tuna ,rice  , eggs and whey  (six times a day) , I used to wait until the tuna was on sale  for $0.30  and I would buy 300 -400 cans at once  , what a fucking idiot  :D.

Are you serious? Or is this ESF type bs? You ate like that for that long??  Student?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:48 PM »
Are you serious? Or is this ESF type bs? You ate like that for that long??  Student?
Dead serious , from 1996 to 2000  stripping and modeling were my only sources of income.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »
No shit - I knew a guy that ate the following.
- can tuna (can’t remember if one or two)
- Diet Coke
- sweet n low (little fuzzy on this but he put a packet of something in there
- ice

All blended together and drank that nasty shit. He was a nutty lil fcker and said he did this daily multiple times cause it helped him get protein in easy. He could have been an ESF style jive turkey but I did see the dude do it once.

I haven’t eaten a can of turkey in decades - but I have to say those Tuna Creations are freaking GOOD. The BBQ (and a few others) are definitely no bueno for a strict diet but for good clean regular eating it’s not bad at all.