Author Topic: New James Bond  (Read 16072 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: New James Bond
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2019, 09:45:49 AM »

HAHHAHA! YES to all of these! lol!

Well, since they were more than willing to change the race of Ariel in the new Little Mermaid, how about they make Pocahontas white in the  live action version.  Cause you know Disney will eventually make it, at the rate they're going! lol

Black panther needs to be a jewish Zuckerberg-like fellow next, see how the afros feel about that... :D

Barbra Streisand as the new "Shaft" as well.
Q

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
Is it still a Hebrew/Japhite woman?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
Not sure if she will be "Bond" or just some agent, but still pretty silly of them.
Embarrassing like most things in main stream media (news, movies, social media, etc).
Gayer than man-buns and skinny jeans.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2019, 12:11:53 PM »
More woke than a "woke" Gillette-commercial.

Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »
More woke than a "woke" Gillette-commercial.

hahaha

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »
This last Craig movie is supposedly a big mess.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2019, 04:57:54 AM »
Is it still a Hebrew/Japhite woman?

Hamite.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
yes, there won't be any Real Men left in America pretty soon...the majority of them are being gagged and forced to wear maxi pads by this shit #metoo movement....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2019, 04:55:23 PM »
Can’t wait for Leslie Jones to be the new Dindu Bond

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
I can't believe that there's been no teaser or even really any footage from this last Craig film.

Does it even have a title? ???

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2019, 08:03:45 PM »
Truly hilarious!

I don't know who is more pathetic, moron Beto or this h-o-m-o.

Mayor Buttplug says: James Bond Not ‘Intrinsically White’

Mayor Buttigieg: James Bond Not ‘Intrinsically White’

Mayor Pete Buttigieg believes that characters like James Bond are not “intrinsically white,” allowing Hollywood executives to switch up the race of any character.

“I think, whether we’re talking about James Bond or whether we’re talking about comic books, it makes sense for the portrayal of these characters to reflect the amazing cultural diversity of the country,” he said when asked about black actors playing characters that were previously played by white actors.

The South Bend mayor weighed in on pop culture on Friday in an interview with TMZ Live after the Democrat debate.

One of the TMZ hosts asked about the current proposal by Marvel Producer Kevin Feige, who floated the idea of casting white X-Men characters Professor X and Magneto as black.

Buttigieg praised recent portrayals of the leading X-Men characters by white actors but indicated that changing their race would be a good thing.

“Look, one of the beauties of making comic books into movies is, you can reimagine them constantly and there’s nothing intrinsically white about any of those character roles,” he said.

He added that he would “love” to see a racial change of characters in the upcoming X-Men movies.

“I just care about whether it’s going to be good — and I believe that they are up to that in producing a new film, and I would love to see that kind of diversity.”

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2019, 08:21:18 PM »
It appears that a lot of Getbig folks have trouble with change.

Since the likelihood of my taking the trouble to go to the cinema to watch it, I don't honestly care who gets the Bond character. Sean Connery played James Bond the first time I went to a Bond movie. In my head he's always been who I think of as Bond.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
Truly hilarious!

I don't know who is more pathetic, moron Beto or this h-o-m-o.

Mayor Buttplug says: James Bond Not ‘Intrinsically White’

All of these characters are fictional, so race bending is ok if it fits within their universe.  magneto's arc ties into the holocaust, so the black angle doesn't fit.  xavier is probably ok (think sisko and picard in the star trek universe who are interchangeable as captains ). elba was perfect for james bond b/c the character is about swag, not a race. starfire was a complete cluster phuck move by the studios.

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2019, 08:58:26 PM »
All of these characters are fictional, so race bending is ok if it fits within their universe.  magneto's arc ties into the holocaust, so the black angle doesn't fit.  xavier is probably ok (think sisko and picard in the star trek universe who are interchangeable as captains ). elba was perfect for james bond b/c the character is about swag, not a race. starfire was a complete cluster phuck move by the studios.

Couldn't disagree more.

If diversity is the desire, create new characters from scratch, don't co-opt established white male characters.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2019, 09:59:54 PM »
What in the actual fuck?!?! How can you change not only the race, but the sex of a character that is over 60 years old!?!?!

You know what, fuck it!  If they're willing to do this to Bond, I want Wonder Woman to be played by The Rock in the next movie!

I also love how they are more than willing to have a white fictional character played by a black person (Bond, Kingpin), but there would be riots in every shit town if they had a white guy play a known black character! Imagine if they cast Zach Efron as the Black Panther in the sequel, someone please make it happen! lol

But take a look at the actual box office:
here's a link to how all of the marvel films have done at the box office:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=marvelcomics.htm

Now what do we see?
Outside of the Avengers films- which are basically mega-crossover events- the best performing standalone film was Black Panther. The Next best performing was Captain Marvel. (of course Marvel cooked the books for those films  ::) ) Then after that, is Iron Man 3, the one in which Pepper Potts' role was most prominent and she donned an Iron suit. We also see that of the Thor movies, the first two did about the same box office, while the third (with the female antagonist and the black lesbian sidekick) did more than $100 million more.

When you look at the DC universe box office- similar trends:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=dccomics.htm

The top spots go to two of Nolan's Dark Knight films, but of the films from the more recent rebooted universe, the most successful stand alone is Wonder Woman.  The next best grossing project was Aquaman starring Jason Mamoa (who I think is somoan) supported by Amber Heard and Nicole Kidman.

Then let's take a look at the John Wick series:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=wick.htm

The first film did 43 million and the second did 92 million. But the third film, the one that everyone was disappointed to see halle berry in, did $172 million, nearly double the previous film.

You can parse these numbers in a lot of different ways and of course the numbers aren't solely due to adding a darkie to the cast, but it's pretty clear that diversifying a film cast is a pretty reliable way to help it break out.

Couldn't disagree more.

If diversity is the desire, create new characters from scratch, don't co-opt established white male characters.

Why would you expect this from an industry that is almost exclusively dealing in pre-existing properties at this point?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2019, 12:49:27 AM »
Couldn't disagree more.

is martian manhunter white or black based on the comics and cartoons?  black guy seems pretty dope to me.   

=183

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2019, 05:43:39 AM »
is martian manhunter white or black based on the comics and cartoons?  black guy seems pretty dope to me.  

=183

He always looked Martian in the 80s.

Later on

He could be played by anyone really.

Q