Author Topic: 77 today.  (Read 59033 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: 77 today.
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2019, 12:35:20 AM »
I agree. However, I think Basile suffers from a lack of attention in real life. On Getbig he gets negative attention, but I guess that is better for him than no attention. We can look forward to his "88 today" thread where the same shit show will occur all over.

Typical remark from an anonymous dork.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2019, 12:38:33 AM »
Given our history, and Vince's threat to take of "unfinished business" with me when I wanted to call a truce and just go our separate ways, I try to stay out of his posts and threads. But man it's just really so sad and tragic. A man at his age that has reached a point where every time he shows himself on this board he is just routinely belittled, mocked, humiliate, and disgraced. He's this board favorite punching bag and village idiot. I really think he is better than that but because he continues to go on with that arrogant, bitter, superior attitude thinking that he is better than everybody else is just so sad.

And he has the nerve to compare his life with Goodrum? Whatever anybody thinks of Goodrum, Melvin does not come across as an embittered, sad, miserable, and angry person.
Whether one considers him a success or failure Goodrum is continually trying to grow and improve and move forward in life. He is living life with a purpose. Basile seems like just such a sad and tragic figure -- stagnant in his own bitterness and misery.

Someone once suggested that there is a board that would far better appreciate him than they do here. And I believe it. Why he keeps coming here is beyond me. He's disgraced himself beyond repair. Maybe it's a self-esteem issue or misplaced pride but it's all so tragic.

Have some self-respect, Vince, and just move on already.

You have been on the ropes several times yet still post here. Seems to me others can do the same thing. No one ran you off and the same goes for me.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2019, 12:56:22 AM »

You have been on the ropes several times yet still post here. Seems to me others can do the same thing. No one ran you off and the same goes for me.

Difference is I come out on top. Conker banned. Pedo accusations dismissed. More people support me over homeless bums. Truce with ratherbebig and Joe Valentino. And not to mention how I absolutely crushed you forcing you to wisely exit the thread. Sure some people dislike me because they disagree with my opinions and I'm often let my temper get the better of me but no one, NO ONE, is as widely mocked and ridiculed as much as you are. I can post freely and though I can get into heated disagreements you can't post anything here without it turning into you becoming a whipping boy and treated like a pathetic clown.

Basile, you've lost all sense of self-respect and dignity. You're 77 years old. You have grandchildren. It's not worth it.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2019, 01:07:03 AM »
Pellius, I'm starting to like you (no homo).  Hell, I'd even break bread with you if we ever crossed paths.  It would have to be vegan though because I know what can happen when beef (even in 1/4 pound increments) is involved.  :)

Lol! I've been pretty angry at you but I don't come here to fight (really). I'm always willing to bury the hatchet and have with many people. I remember how much I use to despise Sev, and Illuminati and I had a particularly vicious go, I've gone back and forth with chaos and Calvin for over a decade -- I even offered a truce for Basile as I always had a soft spot to him.

But I know I can rub people the wrong way and I'm kind of an acquired taste. It takes a while for me to grow on someone. Kind of like a fungus.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2019, 01:08:13 AM »
Basile, you've lost all sense of self-respect and dignity.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2019, 01:09:08 AM »
Lol! I've been pretty angry at you but I don't come here to fight (really). I'm always willing to bury the hatchet and have with many people. I remember how much I use to despise Sev, and Illuminati and I had a particularly vicious go, I've gone back and forth with chaos and Calvin for over a decade -- I even offered a truce for Basile as I always had a soft spot to him.

But I know I can rub people the wrong way and I'm kind of an acquired taste. It takes a while for me to grow on someone. Kind of like a fungus.

All in fun pal.  No reason to ever let this banter anger you. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2019, 01:10:41 AM »
All in fun pal.  No reason to ever let this banter anger you. 

It is not so simple. Basile gets personal and attacks people fiercely. More difficult to back off when you are in a fight like that.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2019, 02:20:04 AM »
Basile is hardly a victim here. He tried for years to get under Goodrum's skin to make him as angry as possible. Basile eventually found the magic formula: Calling Goodrum the wife of his previous relationship.

Basile knew very well that Goodrum was a dominant top, and not a bottom. Neither did he have the wife role in that relationship.

That really got under Goodrum's skin, and the conflict just escalated from there.

I wouldn't say he was a victim but this shit did start because VVV arbitrarily selected him as the focal point of his broader anger at a huge percentage of people here, calling him a wreck.  Basically, VVV picked the old guy who was saying "who is this guy? (he had no idea)".  It wasn't like Vinnie B had said much to start it. 

Vinny G has long maintained a strange passivity with the rest of the board saying stuff about him, whilst attempting wage war on Basile for saying much the same things in much weaker ways. 

Much of their history is 50% Basile keeping it going from there, though.  I just remember the start of this and at the start, it was not Basile starting shit.  People forget that (or more likely weren't around).

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2019, 04:20:52 AM »
It is not so simple. Basile gets personal and attacks people fiercely. More difficult to back off when you are in a fight like that.

I swear you are like a retarded dunce. You keep posting Photoshopped photos with me in them to humiliate me. You are a true asshole.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2019, 04:33:08 AM »
I wouldn't say he was a victim but this shit did start because VVV arbitrarily selected him as the focal point of his broader anger at a huge percentage of people here, calling him a wreck.  Basically, VVV picked the old guy who was saying "who is this guy? (he had no idea)".  It wasn't like Vinnie B had said much to start it. 

Vinny G has long maintained a strange passivity with the rest of the board saying stuff about him, whilst attempting wage war on Basile for saying much the same things in much weaker ways. 

Much of their history is 50% Basile keeping it going from there, though.  I just remember the start of this and at the start, it was not Basile starting shit.  People forget that (or more likely weren't around).

Who is VVV?

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2019, 06:36:24 AM »
Venom Vince. Versace.

J

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »
Safety Fatso long Aussie weekend is ruined again ........... ;D

Great work getbigers  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2019, 02:57:24 PM »
Seems like celebrating such a milestone by setting yourself for a public roast on GB is kind of sad . 

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »
Happy Birthday.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »
Some of you fuckin guys. Goddamn. Can you wish someone a happy 77th birthday? That's all you got to do. It doesn't mean you're on board with everything he ever said or did. Just hey, hope your 77th year is a good one.

Dude rubbed shoulders with the greats. Competed. Won. Made a living in physical education and the iron game as a gym owner. Like it or not, fat in old age or not, he's credentialed. Now at 77 he's climbing mountains and enjoying his hobbies, not sitting around in some rest home watching tv until his legs don't work. Kickass, I say.

Vince, if I'm ever out east I hope to catch up and hear some tales of the old days.  And yes, I will try the supination machine.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2019, 04:52:36 PM »
Given our history, and Vince's threat to take of "unfinished business" with me when I wanted to call a truce and just go our separate ways, I try to stay out of his posts and threads. But man it's just really so sad and tragic. A man at his age that has reached a point where every time he shows himself on this board he is just routinely belittled, mocked, humiliate, and disgraced. He's this board favorite punching bag and village idiot. I really think he is better than that but because he continues to go on with that arrogant, bitter, superior attitude thinking that he is better than everybody else is just so sad.

And he has the nerve to compare his life with Goodrum? Whatever anybody thinks of Goodrum, Melvin does not come across as an embittered, sad, miserable, and angry person.
Whether one considers him a success or failure Goodrum is continually trying to grow and improve and move forward in life. He is living life with a purpose. Basile seems like just such a sad and tragic figure -- stagnant in his own bitterness and misery.

Someone once suggested that there is a board that would far better appreciate him than they do here. And I believe it. Why he keeps coming here is beyond me. He's disgraced himself beyond repair. Maybe it's a self-esteem issue or misplaced pride but it's all so tragic.

Have some self-respect, Vince, and just move on already.

Why should he move on?  I thought this used to be the Thunderdome.  Now it can't handle the posting of a senior citizen.  Where did it all go wrong.   

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »
Some of you fuckin guys. Goddamn. Can you wish someone a happy 77th birthday? That's all you got to do. It doesn't mean you're on board with everything he ever said or did. Just hey, hope your 77th year is a good one.

Dude rubbed shoulders with the greats. Competed. Won. Made a living in physical education and the iron game as a gym owner. Like it or not, fat in old age or not, he's credentialed. Now at 77 he's climbing mountains and enjoying his hobbies, not sitting around in some rest home watching tv until his legs don't work. Kickass, I say.

Vince, if I'm ever out east I hope to catch up and hear some tales of the old days.  And yes, I will try the supination machine.

Try to remember that Vince, himself posted this thread.  He knew what was coming.  Since it's basically the same shit as usual, it's not exactly difficult to wade through.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2019, 08:59:20 PM »

Why should he move on?  I thought this used to be the Thunderdome.  Now it can't handle the posting of a senior citizen.  Where did it all go wrong.   

Hmm, point taken. I just don't understand why someone would want to be in a place where he is roundly ridiculed and belittled. As Tape mentioned, he's "credentialed", he played a role in history and is knowledgeable whether you agree or not. There other boards that I think would welcome him and appreciate his history. But he brings it on himself so whatever.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2019, 09:27:33 PM »

Vince, if I'm ever out east I hope to catch up and hear some tales of the old days.  And yes, I will try the supination machine.
I`ve had very minor differences with Vince over the years but nothing major.

That`s why I posted that photo of him.............love him or hate him he was a National Bodybuilding Champion..............no t many here can say that or will ever be able to.

Not kissing his ass,just showing the respect and admiration he deserves for this accomplishment as anyone who has competed will tell you................this is a tough fucking sport subjective or not it`s no cakewalk.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2019, 12:10:36 AM »
I`ve had very minor differences with Vince over the years but nothing major.

That`s why I posted that photo of him.............love him or hate him he was a National Bodybuilding Champion..............no t many here can say that or will ever be able to.

Not kissing his ass,just showing the respect and admiration he deserves for this accomplishment as anyone who has competed will tell you................this is a tough fucking sport subjective or not it`s no cakewalk.

But he picked his own judges for the contest.

Hate to say it, but his win is a farce.
X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2019, 12:24:56 AM »
But he picked his own judges for the contest.

Hate to say it, but his win is a farce.
We should let Vince address that one my brother from another mother.   ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2019, 12:25:58 AM »
We should let Vince address that one my brother.

He’s already admitted that he picked the judges for Mr. Canada.
X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2019, 01:10:33 AM »
He’s already admitted that he picked the judges for Mr. Canada.
I`ve heard that but cannot remember the details................. .....it`s not easy getting fucking old!LOL  ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2019, 01:42:42 PM »

National BB Champion (of Canada) & Mr.Canada , they a different titles  ;)

Just like Mr.Universe is not the World Champion !.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »
National BB Champion (of Canada) & Mr.Canada , they a different titles  ;)

Just like Mr.Universe is not the World Champion !.

Up in Canada they are fighting bears and fishing for dinner    .   The competition was probably not all that.