Author Topic: Joshua vs. Ruiz II  (Read 18196 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Joshua vs. Ruiz II
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
Joshua may have won, and he may have employed a smart strategy, but it won't look good to many.

He took advantage of his gifts.  The height, speed... and longer reach.

But he will be called out by some for not engaging.

I'm sure Wilder and Fury will have a lot to say.

Klitschko held his belt for years throwing 2 jabs and grabbing his opponent, round after round.

Avoid damage, win, and cash check after check. That's the goal. At least he can still spell his name anD remember his phone number.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
True.

The question will come down to whether or not he is thin-skinned.

Any criticism that questions his balls may get to him.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »
Oh, and Povetkin was robbed today.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
turned it off in round 10. AJ was running scared.

Performances like this is why UFC is taking over.

I doubt them Arabs will forkover 9 figures again to get another snoozefest like this, they're more likely to be on the phone to uncle Dana.

It's only UFC and bodybuilding for me now.

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »
AJ’s the man.Wilders’ a can crusher,Then it’s all about AJ vs Fury.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »
No one respects a guy in boxing that tries to win on points fighting defensively.  I remember watching Hagler vs Leonard thinking this is bullshit. Leonard fought a defensive fight but would come in to throw soft punches in bunches to win points. I have the same criticism about Mayweather. That's why fans hate him. It's called a fight.When Mancini fought Bramble I was in shocked they gave the fight to Bramble twice who fought so defensively that it was clear he didn't want to fight.

UFC for me until some good boxing cards come around.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
I don't think either of them have really won going forward.. If Ruiz couldn't get it up enough to train properly for the kinds of paydays he would be getting, why is he even in the sport... On the flipside, how does not really engaging and running for an entire fight do anything to sell a fight with Wilder? They both need a rubber match to save face...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2019, 07:23:17 PM »
Joshua may have won, and he may have employed a smart strategy, but it won't look good to many.

He took advantage of his natural gifts.  

He used the height, speed... and longer reach.

But he will be called out by some for not engaging.

Ruiz was game and ready. Joshua wanted no part of it.

I'm sure Wilder and Fury will have a lot to say.

Wilder and/or Fury will smoke this runner.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »
I don't think either of them have really won going forward.. If Ruiz couldn't get it up enough to train properly for the kinds of paydays he would be getting, why is he even in the sport... On the flipside, how does not really engaging and running for an entire fight do anything to sell a fight with Wilder? They both need a rubber match to save face...

I am not interested in these two boxing again anytime soon. Joshua and his camp came up with a winning (and boring)
formula.  I would expect the same outcome in a third bout. 

Screw Ruiz for dicking around with a fantastic opportunity.  He should go back to fighting no-names for the next year,
year and half, while dropping 40-50 lbs.  Then he should campaign for a title shot.  Something tells me we haven't
seen his best.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2019, 10:05:53 PM »
I am not interested in these two boxing again anytime soon. Joshua and his camp came up with a winning (and boring)
formula.  I would expect the same outcome in a third bout.  

Screw Ruiz for dicking around with a fantastic opportunity.  He should go back to fighting no-names for the next year,
year and half, while dropping 40-50 lbs.  Then he should campaign for a title shot.  Something tells me we haven't
seen his best.

LOL, dicking around!  What did I say Arum, Montero, Deboef said about this dude?  He lands a temple, based on a Joshua error and long term boxing fans have to listen to bull from the fanboys and the social media crowd.  He got his 20 mil to lay an egg.  Next, PBC will feed him to Wilder to overshadow Joshua's performance.  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
IMO Joshua had a great game plan and utilized it throughout the fight.

Ruiz got soft and lacked discip[line in training and it cost him bigtime.

Che nailed this one..I had Ruiz winning again but he got way too fat.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2019, 11:22:06 AM »
Yes AJ Won - Hardly a Dominant Performance Considering The “ Fighting Machine” Hype That’s surrounds
Him - Ruiz let himself down badly, Yet AJ Still couldn’t get him out of there.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2019, 11:24:36 AM »
Yes AJ Won - Hardly a Dominant Performance Considering The “ Fighting Machine” Hype That’s surrounds
Him - Ruiz let himself down badly, Yet AJ Still couldn’t get him out of there.

I had back and forths today with boxing fans saying AJ did the right thing, sure, but it made for a shit fight, I asked them which of the two fights would they watch again... oddly enough they all shut up

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
I had back and forths today with boxing fans saying AJ did the right thing, sure, but it made for a shit fight, I asked them which of the two fights would they watch again... oddly enough they all shut up

Ha - Exactly I’d rather watch paint dry than that showing last night.
1st Fight everyday!!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »
turned it off in round 10. AJ was running scared.

Performances like this is why UFC is taking over.

I doubt them Arabs will forkover 9 figures again to get another snoozefest like this, they're more likely to be on the phone to uncle Dana.

It's only UFC and bodybuilding for me now.

This man knows da CAGE is where it's at.
Welcome to da top of da food chain

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2019, 11:24:31 AM »
Nothing personal against AJ
Only I hope the AJ Con Train gets well & truly stopped very soon.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »
It was a dominant display of boxing.  AJ showed that he is mentally strong and willing to make changes.  He was in phenomenal condition and looked like he could have gone 12 more rounds.  Some of those hooks and right crosses he hit Ruiz with would have put Wilder and Fury on the seat of their pants.  Ruiz could have been 15 pounds lighter instead of 15 heavier and the result wasn't going to be any different.  I knew from his ring walk that things were different.  He looked shell shocked prior to the last fight.  Don't know if it was fighting in the Garden or what but he looked extremely confident prior to the ringing of the bell. 

Conclusion:  1st fight was a fluke.  He got hit in the sweet spot and never got his legs back.  Ruiz landed some thudding shots on top of and to the back of the head in this fight and they didn't do shit. 

AJ has the best resume' in the division.  Bar none.  Dillian Whyte, Povetkin, Parker, Ruiz, Klitchko.  Need I go on?

Ruiz will have to earn a trilogy.  Fat piece of shit.

Looks like AJ will get his Pulev mandatory out of the way with Usyk fighting on the undercard.  Usyk could be the boogeyman of the division.  Will reserve judgement until he fights a real heavyweight.  But he looks to be the goods and at 6'4 is a legit 21st century heavyweight. 

Fuck the naysayers.  Heavyweight boxing is in the midst of a golden era.  Not 70's or 90's necessarily but better than the 80's, 00's and 10's.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2019, 03:43:43 PM »
Dont worry..Daniel Dubois is on his way

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
I would like to see Wilder Ruiz, and Ruiz in shape, Joshua and Wilder won't fight, two cash cows into one, its boxing won't happen till one of them nothing left, no different to maywether and Pacquiou fighting when manny was well past his best, But Ruiz with his ability to take a punch is a challenge for anyone, especially with his fast counter left hook, miss or over extend with the right and theres a chance, I see Wilder if he had to fight him doing exactly what AJ did or I see Ruiz knocking him out as well.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »
I would like to see Wilder Ruiz, and Ruiz in shape, Joshua and Wilder won't fight, two cash cows into one, its boxing won't happen till one of them nothing left, no different to maywether and Pacquiou fighting when manny was well past his best, But Ruiz with his ability to take a punch is a challenge for anyone, especially with his fast counter left hook, miss or over extend with the right and theres a chance, I see Wilder if he had to fight him doing exactly what AJ did or I see Ruiz knocking him out as well.

An in shape Ruiz is a nightmare for Wilder. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »
Mayweather was also past his prime when he fought Pacquiao

After a horrible showing and admitting that he didn't train for the  fight , this fat piece of shit had the balls to ask the crowd ''who wants to see the next trilogy  fight''  ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
LOL, dicking around!  What did I say Arum, Montero, Deboef said about this dude?  He lands a temple, based on a Joshua error and long term boxing fans have to listen to bull from the fanboys and the social media crowd.  He got his 20 mil to lay an egg.  Next, PBC will feed him to Wilder to overshadow Joshua's performance.

Bingo!

But then, Fury will take winner and ride into the sunset as the baddest guy of our time!

I'm waiting for the Tyson Fury movie to be filmed. I think once he beats Wilder and Joshua, he will then retire and a movie will be made. It's got all the makings of a great film.

"1"

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2019, 04:34:16 PM »
Bingo!

But then, Fury will take winner and ride into the sunset as the baddest guy of our time!

I'm waiting for the Tyson Fury movie to be filmed. I think once he beats Wilder and Joshua, he will then retire and a movie will be made. It's got all the makings of a great film.

"1"

I predict Fury will beat Wilder (again) and later next year Joshua will knock Fury out in front of the biggest live crowd ever for a boxing match.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2019, 05:29:53 PM »
I wanted Ruiz to win, wtf

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2019, 03:06:01 AM »
A good performance from AJ. Did what he needed to do without taking any unnecessary risks. He beats Wilder imo but loses to Fury.