Author Topic: Wanna take a cruise  (Read 5240 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Wanna take a cruise
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:33 AM »
As some of you know, I do travel photography as a side gig and I have done probably over 90 cruises in the past 12 years.   I can honestly say those photos there are a bit of a stretch.  Yeah, you got buffets... but you don't HAVE to eat there.  You can eat other places on the ship without the senior cattle lines.  The hot tubs hardly ever get crowded because people tend to respect boundaries of others (I still wouldn't get in them any due to the higher than normal level of chems in them because of the overuse), etc...  cruises are a great way to see many places with only having to unpack once.  Yeah, ships break and have problems.  So do hotels.  Cruiselines will basically overcompensate you for the hassle though.

When I turn down a chance to work a cruise gig now days, it is mostly because of the area it is going to.  Not because of the ship or experience itself.  I no longer do any cruise going to the Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Panama Canal, Alaska, TransAtlantic/TransPacific, Hawaii, or Tahiti.  But I would still recommend them to others.

Rory wants to go on a cruise but I highly dislike anything to do with water. Don’t go to the beach or pool, don’t enjoy swimming, and have a general fear of being in water.

What should I tell Rory?
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 12:03:45 PM »
Rory wants to go on a cruise but I highly dislike anything to do with water. Don’t go to the beach or pool, don’t enjoy swimming, and have a general fear of being in water.

What should I tell Rory?

Tell Rory what you just posted here. That should do it.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »

What should I tell Rory?

>>>> Manly Beach Christmas  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 12:51:39 PM »
I was going to brave the crowds and take a cruise with an old friend to Hawaii and around the islands stopping in Maui to visit a gal we've known since high school. He backed out (for now) and it was his idea in the first place. If you can't trust your friends, who can you trust?

This photo examples my worst nightmare.

Most ships today have three to four pools, and most if not all of them have adult only areas that keep kids younger than 16 out.  Besides, there is lots more to do on the ship than sit by the pool.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2019, 08:45:10 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »
Tell Rory what you just posted here. That should do it.

This.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2019, 09:36:02 PM »

What should I tell Rory?

Maybe a compromise would be an all inclusive resort?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 03:40:31 PM »

What should I tell Rory?

Depending on the cruise you don't have to get wet.  Alaska cruises are some of the most beautiful around with lots of stops in land ports.   

The Italian Riveria is my favorite one having done it 11 times now.   Lots to get off the ship and do on land.   There are other activities on the ship besides the pool. 

It comes down to what you like to do more than what you don't like. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Let me know how it goes. I’m thinking next year this is on the agenda. Same date range too. You have kids?
Good friends have been, say its great.
T

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
I was going to brave the crowds and take a cruise with an old friend to Hawaii and around the islands stopping in Maui to visit a gal we've known since high school. He backed out (for now) and it was his idea in the first place. If you can't trust your friends, who can you trust?

This photo examples my worst nightmare.

Slim pickins.

21,22,113, 157