Author Topic: XFL Season Openers  (Read 2795 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
XFL Season Openers
« on: February 09, 2020, 03:33:47 AM »
Looks pretty fun and wide open along the lines of college football. Rules are much more logical than the first rendition of the leauge. They can also hit the QB.  Hope it stays around.  I'm definitely going to check out a game in LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdaQpJYeeh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nkuS4_WAkw

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
Re: XFL Season Openers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 03:46:16 AM »
When the NFL is on break, I prefer  - 

J

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 03:50:28 AM »
I watched both games and it was pretty good but I don't think it will make it more than a couple seasons.  The fan base will get attached to players who will be gone as soon as they are good enough to make an NFL team.  The players who aren't good enough to move on will not keep playing and risking major injury for such small contracts.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 03:54:08 AM »
When the NFL is on break, I prefer  - 

J

LOL, I went to a game years back when Heather Mae French played in Denver.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 08:50:18 AM »
You guys dont get it...I'm going to do a video later on but the revenue made from it has little to do with entertainment.  All of the teams are owned by Alpha so Vince gets money from memorabilia and gear.  But more importantly, some people dont know this but McMahon is also a part owner of DraftKings....let this sink in.  You're casting bets on the XFL with the guy that owns all the teams.

Dont be surprised if you see the WBF also make a return.  Better get some ICOPRO.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »
I tried watching it.  Horrible football. I’ve seen better high school games.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 09:34:58 AM »
I tried watching it.  Horrible football. I’ve seen better high school games.
Were you entertained?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 11:11:01 AM »
xfl =third rate football. i'd rather watch paint dry.  most of these guys won't make an nfl practice squad. the original xfl football looked cool but the on field product not so much. i agree that today's nfl is somewhat watered down over protecting the qb because of his high salary and such , but it's still the best show in town. gone are the days when real men played and as al davis used to say, the other teams quarterback has to go down and he has to go down hard..
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »
Vince should dig up the old ICOPRO,and resell it with "added minerals"... AKA dirt.

https://www.kayfabenews.com/three-million-gallons-of-unsold-icopro-buried-behind-titan-tower/

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 02:11:45 PM »
You guys dont get it...I'm going to do a video later on but the revenue made from it has little to do with entertainment.  All of the teams are owned by Alpha so Vince gets money from memorabilia and gear.  But more importantly, some people dont know this but McMahon is also a part owner of DraftKings....let this sink in.  You're casting bets on the XFL with the guy that owns all the teams.

Dont be surprised if you see the WBF also make a return.  Better get some ICOPRO.

Hi Vince,

Outside of a Wikipedia entry where is there information regarding VKM having ownership in draft kings? Why does it matter if one person owns the teams when it comes to gambling, McMahon won’t see any of that money unless the bets are placed on draft kings, also what revenue is being generated from merchandise sales? Vince has the league earmarked to lose $125 million a year for the next 3 years, his long term hope is that television will pay for the ratings that live events generate.

I’m looking forward to your video response.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »
The New York vs Tampa Bay game was terrible.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
When the NFL is on break, I prefer  -  

J

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 04:51:24 PM »
Vince should dig up the old ICOPRO,and resell it with "added minerals"... AKA dirt.

https://www.kayfabenews.com/three-million-gallons-of-unsold-icopro-buried-behind-titan-tower/

;D

It was only made in 1992. Should be good for another decade or three!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 02:55:05 AM »

Icopro tasted like talcum powder.  It probably was talcum powder.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 01:20:06 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_o7I1pwm8k

Oh, stop complaining. At worst it's going to be the G League for the NFL.  Most of the players who don't make the last 2 cuts will play here and stay in shape.  A few good names should end up in the league.  McMahon is staying away and the gimmicks have been removed. It's an ok mix of D1/D2 football with a bit of NFL mixed in.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 06:19:27 AM »
it's fine if you like to watch sub par football. you only have to look at the 1987 nfl season for historical perspective as how bad it is. the nfl went on strike in 87 causing the nfl to use replacement players.  long story short a couple of guys crossed the picket line. seattle's steve largent was one of them result was largent scored first on his teams first 3 possessions and had 15 catches and 261 yards in a half a game. he took himself out so he won't break records and dishonor the games history. you could look it up. ;D
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »
I was impressed by it.

The players with very few exceptions are not going to play in the NFL  They've already tried out or been cut after being backups.

It's serious football.

I think it can make it this time around.

They've been smart and not gone after top players who need big money. The rules on kickoffs are good.

Salaries for players range from a low of around $5k/game for non starters/practice guys up to $40-$60k/game for the top player on each team.