Author Topic: Fresh Start at the Gym....Once Again  (Read 13670 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
  • aka Jay III
Re: Fresh Start at the Gym....Once Again
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »
My workout went well. I upped the resistance from last week and used a few different pieces of equipment, but kept the basics which were, one standing legged curls, (for some reason, this exercise is a bit difficult for me in terms of the amount of weight I can handle), seated leg curls and reverse hack squats. For calves, I did one legged seated curls on a machine, leg press curls and regular seated curls. The range on hams was between 10 and 4 reps and 3 to 4 sets. On calves the range was 15 to 8 and 4 sets each exercise.

I wasn't in the mood for cardio today. Instead I did hip adductions and hip abductions 4 sets of 10-12 reps.

Watched the clock which is to say none of the rests between sets was longer than 30 seconds.

It is probably a fluke, but my quads were an inch bigger when I measured them cold yesterday. 23.5" nothing to write home about but better than 22" which is the smallest they've been in the last year or so. My weight is up. This is not surprising since that's what usually happens when I consistently work out. Tonight, I weighed 180 lbs. I ate one too many breaded halibut pieces and too much coleslaw. I feel stuffed so no desert tonight.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2020, 04:04:02 AM »
Done with a full range of motion no one can handle a lot of weight in the standing leg bicep curl. The machine at my gym might have 12 plates and I've never seen anyone use more than four. The ones using four are usually the guys doing partials. I wonder why they have so many plates on the machine. I guess for 300lbs guys steroided to the gills.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • I ain't half the man I never was.
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2020, 05:26:44 PM »
Good job on the workouts, Prime.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
  • aka Jay III
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2020, 12:52:32 PM »
Done with a full range of motion no one can handle a lot of weight in the standing leg bicep curl. The machine at my gym might have 12 plates and I've never seen anyone use more than four. The ones using four are usually the guys doing partials. I wonder why they have so many plates on the machine. I guess for 300lbs guys steroided to the gills.

Thank you for making me feel better about my ability to do this exercise. I  do use a full range of motion, actually bringing my foot all the way to my butt. The machine I use is very similar to the one below. The only difference is that the top portion pivots as well.